The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I have never had less fun in DBD than playing against The Twins.

SauceMan
SauceMan Member Posts: 17
edited February 2021 in General Discussions

For me, they shoot way above Deathslinger, Spirit, Freddy, Doctor, Bubba, etc. when it comes to most unfun boring killers. It's not even to the point they're boring anymore, The Twins are literally just infuriating to go against and it really shows that BHVR doesn't understand some core components of game development.

Post edited by SauceMan on

Comments

• HexSmolPP
    HexSmolPP Member Posts: 62

Charlotte is easy to run..... Unless it's a really good Killer. Other than that I can take Victor for laps and Charlotte as well.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,188

Worst killer they've done since OG Legion. Easily. The only way to be effective with them is to make the game as miserable as possible for the survivors. Not sure what they were thinking with this one. I feel like they need to consider taking the keys away from some people or at least get some new voices in the room.

Freddy rework = getting reworked again

Legion = People would d/c as soon as they saw deep wound. Reworked and tweaked multiple times

Oni = Not exactly everyone's favorite

Deathslinger = almost universally despised

Pyramid Head = his power is tunneling (?) and his M2 had to get tweaked

Twins = almost universally despised

The MAJORITY of the killers they've put out over the last two years haven't gone over well. Their design philosophy has shifted to putting out killers with limited interactivity, and players hate that for the most part.

• Pop_Goes_The_Gen
    Pop_Goes_The_Gen Member Posts: 39

Most likely due to how it encourages slugging and camping hook since you can go away from hook with charlotte then just camp right next to it with victor or how if you use viktor then your perks don't even matter. Also how viktor is just so annoying to play against when he sneaks up to you and latches on and then charlotte comes in to finish you. overall a very unfun killer to play as and against

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    edited February 2021

I've never had less fun playing against a swf alpha squad with 4 full loadouts of second chance perks and items. get good sir

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    edited February 2021

lemme call the WAHHmbulance for you, salty survivors. It's in survivors favor to begin with. The only edge killers have rn is the hitbox bugs

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

I haven't seen a Twins player in years and each day I'm celebrating that fact

• Toblerone007
    Toblerone007 Member Posts: 598

Imagine it getting past testing. Should have been nipped at the bud when the idea of twins was first put on the table. I just saw a concurrent player count for steam at the blight release vs. the twins release. Almost halved. The latest patch also not helping the case. This game is on a downward slope of unfun for no reason but poor decision making by BHVR.

• I’ve still yet to come across this killer even once. Thats how you know you made a good dlc, when nobody wants to play the killer.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

The fact that they made a cool killer like Blight and after that a ######### brain dead one like Twins shows that these devs don't really think deeply about a killer power when they make it.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I think they didn't expect that the general twins gameplay would look like that.

And it's a shame because the concept of them is pretty cool.

BHVR definetely can create fun killers like blight but damn the twins have to be the most forgettable killer in DbD history.Absolutely nobody wants to play them.

Hope the next killer will be more fun

• grunt7554
    grunt7554 Member Posts: 38

Its a shame that they are so boring because the concept of the Twins is so cool

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707

I haven’t seen the twins for at least 3 weeks...

and I haven’t played them since I got the adepts (well once for a daily I think, but now i only get Huntress and Oni dailys...)

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

I am SO grateful that the Twins are unpopular. I'm sure they're due for a power overhaul in the future, so I don't think anyone should worry about them too much. But they're frustrating to play as and play against. I actually end up raging so hard every single time I get downed by Victor LMAO, I find it extremely frustrating how he can miss a hit, land right next to me, and STILL be impossible to kick. Idk what goes on but I'll start the kicking animation and be unable to finish it more than half the time (even with having plenty of time to do it and knowing that I have to hold the button down to do it). Not sure if there is some exploit for the killer player to be able to interrupt me while I attempt to do it but it is really weird LMAO

Anyways, I bought the whole dlc pack but I haven't played a single game with them. I'm afraid to get my butt completely kicked because I don't think I could be capable of bringing myself to play the way I usually see Twins players play when they want to win, ahaha

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

Twins are probably the only killer that makes me want to play against a stridor spirit, but luckily no one plays them. They're kinda like nurse.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

It sucks that the only way to make them decently good is by doing the two most unfun things, slugging and camping. As it's been said the idea of having two killers is nice, but the execution was so badly executed. Other than that I find them quite boring to play as and against, would rather play Burger King Myers instead.

• Afius
    Afius Member Posts: 563

That purple add on that increases Victor's speed gives him a guaranteed hit and like people have stated being based around camping and slugging is not fun for both parties.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,188

Different people are lead designers on each killer. McLean was in charge of Blight, I think. Pretty sure he did Demo as well. His killers are usually fun for both sides. So the person who did Blight didn't have a whole lot to do with Twins.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352

Really? I thought he's only a programmer and not a killer designer. If so, i have more respect for the guy. Blight is the best designed killer since Oni and Billy; Demo is cool too.

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

My main problem with the Twins is that Victor doesn't count as a Killer and this causes some issues.

Did you need to do a generator in the Killer's terror radius? TOO BAD.

Did you need 180 seconds of chase time? TOO BAD.

Did you want Borrowed Time to go off? TOO BAD.

I understand this may be part of the point, like Pyramidhead and Decisive Strike, but it's still annoying.

• Netherstorm
    Netherstorm Member Posts: 42

As a survivor main, i love playing against the twins. I think all of the newer killers are a lot of fun to play against. The problem, for me, at least, is that nobody plays them!

If the twins were really overpowered and impossible to play against, more people would be playing as them.