The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

For Experienced Killers, does realm matter?

Question for experienced killers (especially those who have been playing the game for awhile)...does the realm matter to how well you well? Is your win rate roughly the same across the different realms? I find that there are certain realms that I really struggle with--almost to the point where if I get sent there, then I know it's going to be a struggle. Haddonfield for sure as well as the realms that are particularly dark like the new Autohaven, Badham and Midwich. I play on console and have my TV set to the brightest settings, but those realms still read as painfully dark for me.

Also, which realms do you struggle in as Killer?

Comments

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

######### Survivorfield, i'd rather play on lerys with no perks addons or offering than that anyday of the week,

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 405

Most definitely. I've found that my weakest maps to perform well on are currently Haddonfield with its Great Wall of Fencing, Mount Ormond (even with the update I'm still pretty bad at it), Dead Dawg Saloon (especially against Blendettes), and the newly updated Game (aka Pallet Simulator).

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632

It depends on the killler. Oni and Hillbilly have a much better time on open maps because of their traversal. Trapper and Hag have a better time on indoor and dark maps because hiding their traps is easier. Spirit doesn't have much difficulty on any map other than Haddonfield.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

Obviously how games are played in a springwood map will be played different then a normal map like farm or junkyard.

That applies to most if not all maps and some like haddonfield are nearly impossible to win if the survivors know what they are doing and your not playing a good killer.

Some killers are also greatly hindered or assisted depending on the maps like ranged killers will suck in indoor maps meanwhile as a hag you will dominate.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

I would say yes. Especially since some killers struggle on certain maps, no matter how good you are with them.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    edited February 2021

As Huntress I often feel helpless on Haddonfield, and Yamaoka maps. Most indoor maps give her a hard time.

As Hag I'm devastating on every indoor map. At the same time I can't do ######### on corn maps, unless survivors are potatoes.

• _HN_
    _HN_ Member Posts: 385

Real? You mean maps?

Well, yeah, obviously.

Not only there's a very large "difficulty" difference between some maps for the killer, but some maps are also way worst than others depending on the killer.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

Yes, for any killer I personally hate haddonfence and pallet haven aka the game, I usually lose in those maps unless I'm playing nurse or oni.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

It only matters to me if it's Ormond, can barely see scratchmarks on that map

• Yeah coldwind is the worst. Add Gideon to that now with possibly the worst map in the entire game

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Put me on Haddonfield, I will instantly be in a ticked off mood, and thus, play toxic. Put me on corn maps, and depending on the killer, I will be annoyed. Huntress, for instance, or Nurse. Ormond, I tend to slug far more often, as I need the pressure. Same with the small Badham map. Hate that map.

It also comes down to the survivors. A blendette on the swamp maps, and I'm tunneling them out of the game.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

Sadly, some maps are worst for some killers then others and some are activity bad for killers overall.

THE ######### CORNFIELD is the example of the ultimate survivor jerk off map. I know this because survivors will activity try to take you there with a SWF group. Not only is the corn hyper punishing since It will forever block your sight, but do to have jank Bloodlust is you are gonna not be able to see #########.

Funny enough, I have very good luck at mother's dwelling as Killer.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Realm matters no matter how good you are at the game. remember as you get better and rank up you also face better opponents.

Survivors all universally hate Shelter Woods. For good reason. Killers all universally hate Haddonfield and now The Game. Also for very good reason. Some killers can't show their true power except on certain maps. Mirror Myers only really shines on Lery's etc.

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

Coldiwnd maps are only bad for killers who have cornblindness.

A lot of killer players are strong corn maps, they just are better at tracking than you and probably use all manner of graphical hacks to make it easier to see things. I have faced many killers who can see perfectly in corn maps, it's useless trying to use the corn to hide from them. As a killer i also have very few problems on corn maps. In fact Rotten Fields is like easy mode there's barely anything survivors can use against me. It's practically just open space easy for the killing. I only have a problem as Myers stalking if I'm not using mirror build.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

Maps are important, but can be killer specific. Billy and Bubba love deadzones so the Game's basement isnt fun.

I hate Red Dawg Saloon as its impossible to see scratch marks (I'm colorblind). My favorite map is Ormond. I get 3k-4k frequently on that map.

Badham is a pain and Swamp is just too messy and dark. Once survivors go under the building its essentially pitch black for me

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,734

Yes, yes, 100% yes.

Dead Dawg Saloon as Nurse is a god-send but as Pyramid Head it's a death sentence.

Hawkins as Wraith is beautiful but for Bubba it's a nightmare.

Shelter woods? Low mobility killers really struggle because it's so massive but imho it's one of Blight's best maps.

Badham, Haddonfield, Corn, and Swamp are just... well getting one of those maps is a yikes and a half.

So yes, yes it 100% well and truly does.

• vector
    vector Member Posts: 227
    edited February 2021

after recent rework of autoheavens realm i see haddonfield as acceptable and as an average map

cant see anything on that new designh of autoheavens, in a distance 5-8 meters in open field is harder to spot anyone than in field of corn in coldwind farm

now autoheavens realm is the worst than anything in this game, i move there mostly by instincts and by sound , my eyes bleed any time i visit this horrible realm

and few months ago it was the most pleasant, relaxing, enjoable realm to play on

god what a garbage new design is

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

some maps are better for survivors, others are better for killers, so yes the realm you're playing on can have a significant impact on your performance as killer, or as survivor for that matter.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Im no way a good Killer. But recently when I play Blight, its Coolwind. When I play Trapper, its indoor. When I play Doctor, its Red forest.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298

Maps matter a lot.

On a large sample of tracked data survivors on my worst maps have 5-6 times greater probability of escaping relative to my best maps.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Some maps straight up shut down certain killer powers.

Pyramid Head's shockwave can't go upstairs. Now think of Hawkins with all the stairs in the map that are used to run loops. Turns him into a no power M1 killer if survivors know how to run the stair-loops properly.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167

Some maps are harder for Killer or Survivor, Mother's Dwelling for example is awful for non mobility Killers because its huge and gens are spread so you cant defend them very well.

• abccheesey
    abccheesey Member Posts: 16

I'd say it varies for everyone, I Legion, GF and Pig so these do affect my maps, here's my top one and bottom one.

Top - Midwich, Personally one of my top maps, I know many people don't like it, personally I love this map with a passion, aesthetic and darkness really makes it my top map.

Worse - Autohaven wreckers, hate it hate it hate it hate it

• EvanSnowWolf
    EvanSnowWolf Member Posts: 1,583

I despise the Grim Pantry.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

Realm definitely matters, sadly this game is based around rng. For Killers being sent to any certain map, can already result in a loss, but it depends on the killer your playing. Some examples is that, Haddonfield is the best map for survivors, or the new Gideon meat Plant. Then there are maps that are better for killers like Hawkins, or something else IDK.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

There are always exceptions. I am sure everyone here has won on every map but certain maps decrease your odds. Also certain maps decrease your odds with certain killers in my opinion. There are certain maps I just want to cry when I see with my bubba but don't hate any with my piggy or fred for example not saying they aren't harder just not as intimidating to me with them. The indoor hospitol for example I don't want with my bubba to many vaults, cow tree can be difficult it can spawn T/L walls on 4 sides of map not to mention the cow tree and shack not fun.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

What's ya secret? I'll usually have to force a 3-gen most of the time because gens always seem to slip under my nose left & right on that map.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Realm matters for sure. Some killers are borderline not viable on certain maps just because the map design counters their inherent abilities like the game and billy. Some maps also greatly help certain killers as well. This also doesnt even factor in maps that are just in general difficult for killers.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

I die a little inside when I get Mother's Den or Haddonfield.

• SaintDorks
    SaintDorks Member Posts: 252

I can't explain It other then I understand the map since I had to play thou It a lot..Don't get me wrong gens get done but usually I end up cleaning 3 people at worst before the 2nd or 3rd get hit.

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383

Yup it matters. I usually do horrible on Thompson house, Sanctum of wraith and gas heaven. Idk what it is but these three maps just give me a hard time.

• gusm09
    gusm09 Member Posts: 47

I personally hate MacMillan's Suffocation Pit, it's just so ######### huge.

It's easy to get a 3 gen on it tho, if you defend well.