The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Will Patch 4.5.2 Be the Comeback, or The Downfall Of DBD?

Smoxie7
Smoxie7 Member Posts: 18

It's impossible to deny the backlash that the majority of the community (survivors) have voiced over the unwanted, heartless, and ignorant decisions made to install Patch 4.5.0. This patch included a multitude of features and changes that were pointed out by many prominent Twitch streamers to be detrimental to DBD... and then, regardless of those concerned paying community member voices, the patch was still put through. It was put through so console players could get a feel for what they already saw on professional streams. And the majority of those console players also did not want Patch 4.5.0 to go through; but it still went through. As a result, many of those same prominent Twitch streamers and console gamers have taken a break from the game. Some temporary breaks, some permanent breaks. Will Patch 4.5.2 change all that?

Why Patch 4.5.2 May Be The Comeback of dbd:

• If changes are made to the HUD, UI, Hit-boxes, Locomotion, etc. (everything that was begged not to be put through) that reflect the pre-patch norm... then more loyal community members may come back. They may come back because some of those changes "fixed" things that were not broken, and those changes in turn broke the game. The loyal community members want to come back to a game that is not broken, where their voices are put into reflective action. They want to come back to a game where they can have fun.

Why patch 4.5.2 may be the downfall of dbd:

• People understand that everyone makes mistakes, we're human. But to not right those wrongs (Patch 4.5.0) towards an entire community is a display of self-righteousness, heartlessness, and ignorance.

• The community wants to feel their opinions heard and implemented, not tip-toed around.

• If Patch 4.5.2 still tip-toes around and dodges mass requests of a loyal community, then numbers may still decline. They'll decline because people care about democracy. People care about having their feelings and needs met. But as I've said, people care about having fun and creating lasting bonds and memories. But a bond with DBD won't be possible if people are taking permanent breaks from the game.

what do you think dbd community? what will be the impact of patch 4.5.2?

Will Patch 4.5.2 Be the Comeback, or The Downfall Of DBD? 77 votes

IT WILL BE THE COMEBACK OF DBD
20%
GHERBEARRULESTheGodfatherDr_TrautsLeonardo1itaFerixstarGeneralVNullclinesMadLordJackPixel_BoomBotKei_RaZestyDracxryzswager21baron_of_dreams115TinkerBluzacy 16 votes
IT WILL BE THE DOWNFALL OF DBD
22%
ThatbrownmonsterBloodwebsBigbubbabam270TheFireVVolfDeliaBuckobenEddyWardenサイレンが聞こえるShoobySmoxie7xQxrydaddywillylongLeeXD19RK67[Deleted User]BadBunnyJeaninebseiso 17 votes
IDK, BUT CAN YOU PASS OVER THE POPCORN?
57%
White_OwlAdelooKaanaTapeKnotDimekTragicSolitudeHoodiedBoosted_Dwightmusstang62AhoyWolfkinHappstaLordRegalsharkster13PredatedOBXChurchofPigglitchboiFobbotheman43 44 votes

Comments

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

Oh yeah, it's all coming together now.

• IDK, BUT CAN YOU PASS OVER THE POPCORN?

I think it's important to take into account that there is probably a reason for the new HUD specifically. BHVR has made their share of mistakes, sure, but I don't buy that they'd just tell the whole community to screw off on the HUD unless they had good reason. I think it will most likely be with new game modes that add more survivors into a single match, necessitating the change. I'm not sure if 4.5.2 will fix the hit boxes, but in the last update they at least addressed that they knew it was an issue and were working on it, so I'm hopeful for the future if not necessarily this next update.

• Miralis
    Miralis Member Posts: 171

Hitbox issues and HUD are bad. Animations are fine.

• TheFireVVolf
    TheFireVVolf Member Posts: 57

I hope too, but it it doesn't it really might be the beginning of the end.

• Bloodwebs
    Bloodwebs Member Posts: 273

I just hope desync is fixed

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

I don't think it'll be the downfall nor will it be the comeback of DBD. Anyways, as I was saying, hand over the popcorn ya wankah.

• Hex_BoopTheSnoot
    Hex_BoopTheSnoot Member Posts: 151

Yall are so damn dramatic

• IT WILL BE THE DOWNFALL OF DBD

It is not bad to make a mistake, and it brings ruin to advance to the wrong direction without accepting a mistake.

I am beyond cure even if sorry in the irreparable situation.

• sharkster13
    sharkster13 Member Posts: 236

It's DBD. You'll hate it for a while, but you'll get back to playing it eventually. It's the love-hate relationship we all have towards the game.

• Dracxryz
    Dracxryz Member Posts: 9
    IT WILL BE THE COMEBACK OF DBD

I know it's hard to trust Behaviour but I think that they received quite a big amount of backlash and I think they'll correct their errors now just to not look bad, but they probably will mess up more thing in the future.

• Jaffycake
    Jaffycake Member Posts: 56

So basically you just proved that most people don't really care and that 24% are crybabies.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Neither. Everyone is always saying how the larger patches (examples: 4.5.0, 4.6.0, 5.0.0) are the "downfalls of dbd" and "the game is dead" and then two hotfixes later the game is "so much better" and "on the rise". Some exceptions have happened where the game was just so buggy that after the second hotfix the game still doesn't feel "fixed".

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

Where's the Neither option? Unless the patch was absolutely horrible and literally game breaking, it's not going to change the games player count majorly.