Deathslinger

Wish they would do something about the spear gun 80% of the shots that on my screen connected dident its annoying as hell.

Anyone els have this problem and it wasant any perks they had like dead hard or any of that exhaustion perks.

Comments

• Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219

Well at least I know I ain't the only one having that issue.

Thanx

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Deathslinger’s design isn’t very healthy imo. You can’t really dodge a shot from the Deathslinger because it goes so fast that you can’t physically react to it. The only explanation for why one avoids a Deathslinger shot is because the Deathslinger player was just too impatient or just simply missed. It has nothing to do with the survivors’ input.

The big problem with Deathslinger and his design is that fixing him so he isn’t oppressive anymore is super hard to do. Giving him a windup time makes him do the exactly same thing Huntress does but makes him worse, so that’s not a solution. Other oppressive killers like Spirit, Freddy, and Pyramid Head are a lot more simple to fix imo.

• Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219

Those shots were defiantly hits or should have been I'm a patient player as I play a bit of huntress and pations usually pays off but sometimes they just don't regester at all then you get one that shouldn't have hit but it did. It's stupid lol

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,565

I've always thought that maybe his gun should have a 1 second delay before it can shoot. So when you aim down your sights, the harpoon spike isn't out of the gun yet until a second has passed and then the player has the ability to shoot. This'll make the player try to aim rather than quick-scoping.

Yeah this is a lazy design since its basically a wind-up, but at least it prevents him from *INSTANTLY* shooting you and gives the survivor that extra second to drop the pallet or vault the window.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Best way to do it imo is to make the chain break easier or give survivors more movement. If slinger is walking backwards while reeling survivors get next to no movement and cannot put objects between them. Giving them more control would alleviate this issue and give him actual counterplay with survivors positioning.

Also he could use a bigger TR as it’s too small imo

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I also feel like he should be 4.6 because his map pressure isn't great.