Entity Language?

Options
aoifepink
aoifepink Member Posts: 5
edited February 2021 in Lore

So I know I'm super late to the party and there has been some discussion surrounding this for a few years- but the odd language we see on some of the weapons: " 'anoyk yeqkany'ye hvay'k l'gnoo eydok'x sekall'o ammkix "

A few places on reddit say it has been solved as a form of language like Urdu, or something similar to Cthulhu etc. But I dunno... I'm an archaeologist and I've been studying dead languages for about 10 years or so now, and my gut is telling me this doesn't fit a language, their are too many glottal stops in the odd places that don't make sense linguistically and no real discernible affixes.

I've been having a gander over the weekend, trying out a few things that have already been suggested: most simple ciphers don't work. The language translated into Urdu and a few others, comes back way too inconsistent or random things like "First time I saw a squirrel in the woods", which i can't understand how that makes sense.

But! what if its a playfair cipher? So the whole sentence can be split into pairs of two, if we account for the glottal stops or ' being marks replacing letters we don't have: like they're missing. Of course, with this we would need a key word to work. I've been trying to think of key words obscure but related: Death; Baker; Light, Hunter, Arcus, Stamp. We'd need a five to six letter word. I've been omitting the letter 'j' as that's what normally is, but we can't count on that.

Just curious, and food for thought. Any suggestions?

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Gay_Police_Dept
    Gay_Police_Dept Member Posts: 744
    Options

They just smashed the keyboard.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 961
    edited February 2021
    Options

iirc, it's not a single language, but words from multiple sources

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,247
    Options

it's what happens when you spill alphabet soup and make it a feature

• e_j2007
    e_j2007 Member Posts: 130
    Options

it probably speaks french cuz behavior is in quebec, canada

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

It is urdu i tried translating it but i got something weird lol

This is not the first time i've read this article I've read it multiple times

I also got

It's nice to see a squrriel Run to it's cage

• NeaMainNoob
    NeaMainNoob Member Posts: 21
    Options

IT might be multiple random words from diffrent launguages or just random mashed together Letters?