The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

HALLOWEEN EVENT? NEW GAME MODE?

Comments

• PurrFace
    PurrFace Member Posts: 27
    edited October 2018

This stuff looks like Auric cells tho. Maybe a way to earn some during an event. Maybe just discount for them.

• JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

I guess I know where I will waste my Steam wallet money during Halloween if this happens to be true

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    @not_Queen is that an event?
  • kisow244
    kisow244 Member Posts: 13

Hope it's an event, this is one of the few games that I thoroughly enjoy participating in all of their events!

• Marvett
    Marvett Member Posts: 159

the "X" is today(1 October) and the circle refers to 19 October, release date of the new Halloween movie.
    So new cosmetics for Myers and Laurie !?
    Hypee!!

• Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    Pretty sure we getting halloween map redesigns. Pus oozing flowers and an orange moon. Like the christmas gens and hooks
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    If it really is Halloween cosmetics, I hope they don’t start putting out holiday event cosmetics for a limited time just to stack up on our cash if we can’t get them in time :(
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited October 2018

a new game mode to be launched the 19th, friday

the golden moon makes grow up killing plants to the point these can eventually get you trapped for a bit and if last longer damage and devour you, so it is like a regular match but with a countdown, therefore balancing a bit in favor to the killahs

and no, I dont bang anyone from dbd to get this privileged info, just my imagination lol

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@BACKSTABBER said:

and no, I dont bang anyone from dbd to get this privileged info, just my imagination lol

We won´t judge you...
    Who is it, you lucky dog ;)

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532
    Hope its a 2 week affair as I'm on holiday that weekend!
  • BACKSTABBER

@Tsulan said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

We won´t judge you...
    Who is it, you lucky dog ;)

ok you got me lol pssssch... secret

• Tsulan

@Supernaut said:

Holidays cancelled. You have to attend that event :p

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    PurrFace said:

This stuff looks like Auric cells tho. Maybe a way to earn some during an event. Maybe just discount for them.

Maybe, then that would mean that we're most likely getting Halloween cosmetics to buy them 
  • Cardinal_Copia
    Cardinal_Copia Member Posts: 139
    Looks promising. I'm looking forward to this! 
  • Type_2
    Type_2 Member Posts: 2

Personal thought as of looking at that makeshift calendar: Looks like the "X" Is referring to Monday October 1st. The "O" appears to marking out the 19th two weeks from the first. Probably (fingers crossed) when we will either have new information or a release on the suspected new game mode. But if they keep pushing DBD in the direction it is going in I'll be even happier.

• McCree
    McCree Member Posts: 294

That video looks so freaking great tho.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532
    Tsulan said:

@Supernaut said:

Holidays cancelled. You have to attend that event :p

Ha ha! I've taken days off for events in the past. Sneaky one for the double bp weekend.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

The 19th might also be when they do the double Blood point event for 2 weeks also since it'd be 13 days to the 31st and 14 to the 1st of November. So if it ended at 12am then it'd technically be 2 weeks.

• ThisNotIt
    ThisNotIt Member Posts: 28
    Jesus, people really getting hyped over cosmetics? How can a game AND community be so trash
  • Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

It's definitely an event but it might connect with the Entity? The flower looks a lot like it and Vigo knows a lot about the fog. Maybe she will become a special survivor?

• xChrisx
    I want an halloween cosmetic for my feng @not_Queen :c
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Did the moon go from a bright white to a orange color? Orange like a jack o lantern just like the all hallows eve event last year. Just an event in my eyes. 

The book makes me think of the book offering which is a red forest map offering. New Red forest realm map is my guess and I don't see what else it could be.

• xChrisx
    AshleyWB said:
    Did the moon go from a bright white to a orange color? Orange like a jack o lantern just like the all hallows eve event last year. Just an event in my eyes. 

The book makes me think of the book offering which is a red forest map offering. New Red forest realm map is my guess and I don't see what else it could be.

A new map will be amazing but I think its just an event, idk maybe collect 90 candy for a shirt with a pumpkin drawing. While for sure new cosmetics for michael and laurie. 
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Community Challenge of 1 million hooks or we'll burn Lauries and Myers' new cosmetics😈
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    xChrisx said:
    Bunny feng still needs to happen!
  • ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    xChrisx said:
    Ew. No Halloween cosmetics please.
  • Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited October 2018

Well, I'm new to DBD. Came over after two years of Overwatch because I grew sick of Blizzard making a couple billion off the game and not doing ######### with it unless it involves the OWL. After 24 years playing Blizzard games, I'm done with them.

So, looking forward to my first DBD event.

• powerbats

@ThisNotIt said:
    Jesus, people really getting hyped over cosmetics? How can a game AND community be so trash

Well you're part of it so doesn't that make you trash as well? 😁

Now realistically speaking an event with cosmetics is always fun even when stuff is limited edition like the Firecrackers or Haunted Flashlight from last prior events.

• Tsulan
    Kilmeran said:

Well, I'm new to DBD. Came over after two years of Overwatch because I grew sick of Blizzard making a couple billion off the game and not doing ######### with it unless it involves the OWL. After 24 years playing Blizzard games, I'm done with them.

Are you playing survivor or killer?
  • PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042
    powerbats said:

The 19th might also be when they do the double Blood point event for 2 weeks also since it'd be 13 days to the 31st and 14 to the 1st of November. So if it ended at 12am then it'd technically be 2 weeks.

@powerbats I thought they were done doing 2X BP event.
  • powerbats

@PinkEricka said:
    powerbats said:

@powerbats I thought they were done doing 2X BP event.

They'd said they wanted to do a 2 week event but the last one there wasn't enough time or it was too close to the BBQ event. The 2 week event would be cool thematically with the new Halloween movie and Halloween itself.

• xChrisx
    One other double points event? Again? Nah impossible
  • chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355
    If they bring a new game mode, what would it be? What kind of different mode would you guys like to play? 
  • xChrisx
    chococri said:
    If they bring a new game mode, what would it be? What kind of different mode would you guys like to play? 
    No perks mode will be amazing. Or a 2v8
  • BACKSTABBER

@chococri said:

I told u it is gonna be a countdown mode, so a bit of balance for the Killahs

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355
    xChrisx said:
    chococri said:
    No perks mode will be amazing. Or a 2v8
    Thought about a game mode with 2 killers as well. It must be fun! 
  • Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

@Tsulan said:
    Kilmeran said:

I only have like 16 hours in the game right now, so a mixture of both so I can effectively learn the game. I do, however, eventually plan to main Killer.

• Tsulan

@Kilmeran said:

@Tsulan said:
    Kilmeran said:

I only have like 16 hours in the game right now, so a mixture of both so I can effectively learn the game. I do, however, eventually plan to main Killer.

I strongly recommend you to finish the killer objective (if there is one) first. Or to completely skip on playing killer during a event. Because playing killer during a event can be very frustrating.

• Kilmeran
    edited October 2018

@Tsulan said: I strongly recommend you to finish the killer objective (if there is one) first. Or to completely skip on playing killer during a event. Because playing killer during a event can be very frustrating.

Indeed. I tried that during the recent double BP event. I got so frustrated with the queue, that instead of playing Survivor, I just went and did a weekend in Overwatch.

Well, I left Overwatch for DBD. Playing that weekend back in Overwatch was a mistake. I can't stomach the game anymore. After 24 years as a Blizzard player, I just can't stomach them as a developer anymore. So, needless to say, next Event I will get my Bloodpoints happily playing Survivor.

I love DBD. I had intended to buy the game at launch, but hit a bad financial stretch due to investments taking a dive. Couldn't buy any games in 2016. I only joined Overwatch at launch because it was a surprise early Father's Day gift from my (at the time) 23-year-old son, since a lot of friends and family were joining it. They all left in 2017, and only the wife and I remained until 3 weeks ago. I finally remembered about DBD during the Summer Steam Sale and bought the game and all the DLCs (bought the Spirit a few days ago). And still DBD sat all summer due to friggin Overwatch with the wife. I am so glad she finally threw her hands up at the game and walked away a few weeks ago.

But man, two years post-launch, I am so behind the curve in this game.