Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What is the reverse beartrap automatic repair timer?

What exactly does that mean? 

Comments

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Pig main here, I'll gives some insight on how a Reverse Bear Trap works! Automatic repair timer is a 2:30 second timer that automatically activates when a generator is completed assuming no other add-ons are being used. If that wasn't the answer that you was looking for, can you give me a picture on where it said that at! :)
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Nickenzie said:
    Pig main here, I'll gives some insight on how a Reverse Bear Trap works! Automatic repair timer is a 2:30 second timer that automatically activates when a generator is completed assuming no other add-ons are being used. If that wasn't the answer that you was looking for, can you give me a picture on where it said that at! :)
    So hangman’s trick reduces the timer? 
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    I think it's actually referring to the fact that it makes Trappers Bear Traps regenerate faster. 
  • DarkWo1f997
    I think it's actually referring to the fact that it makes Trappers Bear Traps regenerate faster. 
    Sometimes trolling is very obvious. 
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited October 2018

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Nickenzie said:

DarkWo1f997 said:

Hangman's Trick only reduces the time it takes for sabotaged bear traps (Trapper only) to respawn by 60 seconds. When a bear trap is sabotaged, it returns after 180 seconds normally, and having Hangman's Trick on a Trapper reduces it to 120 seconds.

• DarkWo1f997
    CoolAKn said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Nickenzie said:

DarkWo1f997 said:

Hangman's Trick only reduces the time it takes for sabotaged bear traps (Trapper only) to respawn by 60 seconds. When a bear trap is sabotaged, it returns after 180 seconds, and having Hangman's Trick on a Trapper reduces it to 120 seconds.

Wait... the traps rearm themselves? 
  • CoolAKn

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    CoolAKn said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Nickenzie said:

DarkWo1f997 said:

Hangman's Trick only reduces the time it takes for sabotaged bear traps (Trapper only) to respawn by 60 seconds. When a bear trap is sabotaged, it returns after 180 seconds, and having Hangman's Trick on a Trapper reduces it to 120 seconds.

Wait... the traps rearm themselves? 

No, when survivors sabotage the Trapper's traps, they are destroyed (where the Trapper can't use them anymore), so after 3 minutes, a new trap will spawn for the Trapper to use. Hangman's Trick makes new traps spawn sooner.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    @DarkWo1f997 Yeah? I wasn't trolling they actually do repair themselves now. Hangmans Trick makes them regenerate faster. 
  • DarkWo1f997
    @DarkWo1f997 Yeah? I wasn't trolling they actually do repair themselves now. Hangmans Trick makes them regenerate faster. 
    Now we have conflicting information. 
  • DarkWo1f997
    Why does Pig’s perk buff trapper? I’m so confused. 
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    I'm not sure why it only effects Trappers ability but it does. Has no effect on the Pigs Reverse Bear Traps. I understand why you were confused with that though I was too at one point. 
  • CoolAKn

@DarkWo1f997 said:

I think it's because every other killer only suffers one effect of sabotage (loss of hooks), while the Trapper suffers two effects of sabotage (loss of hooks and bear traps).

• DarkWo1f997
    CoolAKn said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

I think it's because every other killer only suffers one effect of sabotage (loss of hooks), while the Trapper suffers two effects of sabotage (loss of hooks and bear traps).

That’s fair. Kind of dirty that it costs $5 to make him more efficient though. 
  • CoolAKn

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Well, there's always a chance the perk can show up on the Shrine of Secrets. I don't know when that might ever happen.

• DarkWo1f997
    CoolAKn said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Well, there's always a chance the perk can show up on the Shrine of Secrets. I don't know when that might ever happen.

Right. That is true.  
  • NMCKE
    CoolAKn said:

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    Nickenzie said:

DarkWo1f997 said:

Hangman's Trick only reduces the time it takes for sabotaged bear traps (Trapper only) to respawn by 60 seconds. When a bear trap is sabotaged, it returns after 180 seconds normally, and having Hangman's Trick on a Trapper reduces it to 120 seconds.

Ohhh, I didn't know that he was asking if hangman trick affected a Reverse Bear Trap. Oops!
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    edited October 2018

It also makes Sabo'd Hooks respawn 10 seconds later at rank III. So if you see 4 toolboxes and or some Jakes take it and laugh your arse off.

• DarkWo1f997
    powerbats said:

It also makes Sabo'd Hooks respawn 10 seconds later at rank III. So if you see 4 toolboxes and or some Jakes take it and laugh your arse off.

Oh yeah I like to mess with them, they sabo the hook as I’m about to hook someone, their laughs turn to silence as I drop the survivor, and the hook comes back 10 seconds later, then I get the hook anyways. 
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    I got called a troll for telling the truth on this thread! lol jk no worries I see the funny side of it. I don't get the whole Trapper thing either with this perk. Maybe a different perk that isn't DLC should give him that effect. 
  • Okarim
    Okarim Member Posts: 5

Hi guys, i know it's a bit late but i'm actually still confused. Hangman's Trick is a perk made for Pig right ? I want to know how does "Sabotaged Bear Traps automatic repair timer is reduced by 60 seconds" helps ? i mean does it affect the Jigsaw boxes or ?
    Thanks.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Nickenzie said:
    DarkWo1f997 said:

I just got an idea from reading this, what if there is an add-on for pig, listen here brother, what if there is an add-on for pig that, LISTEN BROTHER, what if there is an add-on for pig that everytime a generator finished if a survivor has the bear trap on, the timer goes down by Xseconds?

• NMCKE

@Nickenzie said:
    DarkWo1f997 said:

I just got an idea from reading this, what if there is an add-on for pig, listen here brother, what if there is an add-on for pig that, LISTEN BROTHER, what if there is an add-on for pig that everytime a generator finished if a survivor has the bear trap on, the timer goes down by Xseconds?

Hmm, the RBT should have a 3 minute timer with instant activation meaning a generator isn't required to activate a timer. Furthermore, every generator will reduce the timer by 30 seconds or can speed the timer up by 25% (-35 seconds on the first generator then every generator after will have a reduced effect).