The Nurse Menu Music

DrSlaughter22
DrSlaughter22 Member Posts: 26

Menu music for The nurse! What are your thoughts?

https://youtu.be/bCX081SLF4I

Comments

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

I like it, but it could be much better.

• DrSlaughter22

What could be better? Im all for constrictive criticism

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    edited February 2021

I think it should really fit for the nurse, I feel that if you just heard the menu music, you probably couldn't tell who the killer is. I feel that you should be able to tell immediately who it is, for example doctor. DBD soundtracks are pretty in-depth and mystical in a way while fitting the killer and still sounding like DBD (Not being demanding at all though even though it might sound like it, I'm sure making this music is difficult).

Look at the Nurses power for example, it is really hard to explain but she could use a "windy" sort of background music and be just a little bit more intense almost like the wind blowing. What I do like however is towards the end, the sort of low hum-buzz (deep violin?) noise you currently have comes to a sudden stop could represent the nurse catching your breath with a better instrument. Whatever you use though is totally up to you, but I really think that people should be able to tell that the menu music is for the nurse just by listening. And of course, don't forget to add in the main DBD theme noise (which you already did). I also like that main instrument whatever it is that plays at 2:08 and you could definitely do more with it.

The music should be almost like another identity for the killer, and still sounding like it would come from DBD which you have already done, but need to expand upon by making it more subtle and in conjunction or harmony in a way.

I think you could use mr envy's custom chase music for nurse as a reference or others. Just by hearing the chase music, you can tell it is the nurse especially because of the wind and overall feeling. Remember that it is just menu music though, but it should give you a "feel" to the killer. The clown's menu music and new chase music is perfect and you could also use that as a reference as well.

Remember, it has to sound like DBD AND the killer, like a second identity (and don't make it too intense, more like despair). Again, I am not being rude or demanding, but just offering some advice and suggestions. lol I hope I didn't overwhelm you, I myself would probably enjoy making custom soundtracks for the game.

PS: at 0:44 that high and then low noise from whatever that is should work right after the falling action of the music in the start, middle, and end.

• DrSlaughter22

I definitely appreciate the feedback. I totally was going for the feeling of the nurse and dbd, but its sorta hard capturing the frantic strength of the nurse while keeping it calm enough for menu music.

I har already made chase music for her and i used elements from the chase music and other musical motifs mixed it to try and get the feeling.

Also, there are some instruments that say nurse, like there's a whispering sound that's subtle but plays at appropriate times, same for that windy instrument you described. There is also some more intense strings in the background that sorta capture the frantic element of nurse. I just might have beem too subtle when making the song.

Also im not trying to disregard with what your saying, just explaining that I did give an attempt to make the song sound like the killer and dbd, but it can be difficult getting the feeling and keeping it calm enough for menu music.

Again, than you for your input and constructive criticism. Its appreciated and helps me improve! Ill definitely try to make elements that identify the killer more known and less subtle.