Teabagging at exit gates till the very last second

Options

Why can't people just leave when the exit gates are open rather than make noises to attract the killers attention then keep doing so even tho the killer is miles away just leave no one cares that you beat them just go rather than delay the game further.

Comments

• ILoveDemo
    ILoveDemo Member Posts: 681
    edited February 2021
    Options

Because I enjoy my win and want some more Points or Look for free cheasts or don't want to go back to q time?

Edit: just laugh WITH him don't cry BECAUSE of him.

• Dingo88
    Dingo88 Member Posts: 219
    Options

I'm talking about when the killer is on the clean other side of the map no where near any exit gates and not caring so if the killer ain't there yoy ain't getting anymore points and don't start with long cue times it's takes me about 5 mins max to get in a match as survivour

• BSVben
    BSVben Member Posts: 256
    Options

Short answer: Because they can.

• RoachesDelight
    RoachesDelight Member Posts: 312
    Options

Just chase them out lol

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

I totally get why people get frustrated at this but it's honestly impossible to stop people from doing it. As a survivor I never do it but when I'm a killer I find it best to just accept it as a thing that everyone does. It's a part of the game and almost a ritual so once you view it as that it becomes a lot more tolerable and just ignore it.

• Dingo88
    Options

I'm not pissed about it I'm just making a point. There is way to many toxic twatts in this community that need to take a dam chill pill as it ruining the game for everyone.

• JackFrostMan
    JackFrostMan Member Posts: 204
    Options

Again. They do it to get attention. You think they would keep doing it if people didn't react? They ain't gonna stop because you go "please stop doing this".

• Ecstasy
    Ecstasy Member Posts: 426
    Options

Don't pretend like it wouldn't happen anyway if there weren't threads about how its irritating. Most people don't even get a reaction, they just run right out the gates anyhow. Its about the self satisfaction of "hah I showed you!" and the assumption that u mad. Doesn't matter if they are or aren't.

But threads like this might at least get to the people who teabag and taunt thinking it is just all in good fun and not being empathic enough to understand its gawdy as hell and there's a reason taunting isn't common in competition outside the realm of children, it's the sort of behavior that ruins games, not makes them. And if not that, then maybe some will start thinking pragmatically and start connecting the dots that treating every killer like garbage = fewer killers = longer queues and decide that maybe there's something to this whole "treating other people the way you'd like to be treated" thing.

• Dingo88
    Options

I think people need to just relize it's a video game.

Let's be honest here people are neva gonna join the dots coz there heads are to far up there own ass and there egos are to big. 😂 😂

I love when they come into a stream and moan about how I played then just get shredded by the other viewers.

I personally don't care its just annoying as I want the game to finish so I can get in a other I don't care if yoy lopped me the entire game I just want to have fun without all the salt.

• Eve13
    Eve13 Member Posts: 375
    Options

If I am the first one at the gate, then I wait for one thing, to tank a hit for an injured person if necessary. If there are no casualties, I also like to take a hit in the exit to show my teammates whether NOED is in the game. 

If I see salty teammates, then I might get in the way sometimes....

As a killer, nothing pleases me more than when I catch one of these friendly fellows still in the exit and hook him full of pleasure. 

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967
    Options

I like the old teabaging movement better as I can show the killer my butt better.

The new teabag movement is similar to Ghostface.

Imagine if the devs sold proper teabagging emotes to ppl. It would be a BIG hit!

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649
    Options

I had 2 people do that to me yesterday.... What they failed to realise was that i let them finish last gen so they get overconfident and open gates.... Wich they did... And i had bloodwarden and ended up with a 4k.

Ita those litle things in life that just make you say its all worth while you know?

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

I do the same. I don't t-bag, the Killer knows I'm not staying to mock or what, just to be sure everyone's safe, and for getting more BP. Also, I very often let the Killer down me so they have more BP too. If you are enough close to the exit, you're downed and you instantly leave.

I might get a lesser good emblem for being downed, but it's also a way to thank for the match, I'm not sure everyone stay enough long to read my "GG WP" at the end.

(And trying to get that achievement but I'm stuck at 24/25, not matter how many times I got downed and escape while crawling. 😭)

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

best way to deal with it is to be nice in the endgame chat. I’ve had toxic people been very confused once I just said GG WP and moved on

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

It's probably the same reason kids bully at school, I think survivors feel like they can gang up on the Killer and get some sort of mental boost from the extra post-game BM.

I think it's mostly survivor mains who do so though, I think people who play both sides will usually just leave, or wait for free hits.

Either that or they feel they have a reason to BM: (you camped, you tunneled, or you tried to kill them)

• crx_otr
    crx_otr Member Posts: 1
    Options

Because it's cool. Eee err eee err

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335
    Options

Just some people that need their ego's stroked. They think escaping that one match somehow makes them Gods. ######### em, don't go to gates. Find some pallets to kick.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Options

I generally act as if they aren't at the gates and run them down and gut them.

It's especially good with PH, because if you down a tormented survivor you can actually cage them and keep the game going.

• Dingo88
    Options

Deathslinger is good for that especially if they injured why would you teabag a guy with practically a fishing rod

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye Member Posts: 2
    Options

Honestly even if they removed the tbagging at the gate thing, they'd find some other way to taunt the killer. It's online gaming. Every PvP game has some level of taunting. If it really bothers you, and you know you've lost the game just go stand in a corner. Go grab a drink or something. Best not to let it crawl into your head

• PhantomChimera
    PhantomChimera Member Posts: 666
    edited February 2021
    Options

What I find fun is pouncing one of the Survivors loitering inside the exit gate with Victor while Charlotte is near and then hooking them. Would not have happen if they had just left. Doesn't always result in a sacrifice however it sometimes it does. Especially if the remaining survivors abandon the one you caught.😜

Use blood warden and if they did hang out to try and rescue the one that just was hooked and they have another problem with the exit gate being blocked for short time(probably seems like an eternity to them until it reopens).

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 624
    Options

I tend to stay until they smack me out of the door because you get more xp the longer you're in a match.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Remember your own words next time you face a Nurse with 4 slowdown perks that slugs everyone at 5 gens.

"laugh WITH him don't cry BECAUSE of him"

• PhantomChimera
    Options

Correct me if I'm wrong but you have to be doing something to get Bloodpoints do you not? Just hanging out in the exit doesn't give any.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,665
    Options

I usually wait at the gates and let the killer get two more hit events...unless it is Deathslinger @_@

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,665
    Options

Dude is a troll....check their post history.

You're better off ignoring their existence and not engaging.

;3

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Why do you want to know why they t-bag?

Why not instead just stop going to the exit gates so you won’t have to witness them crouching up and down.

I normally want more points so I’ll take the free hits. If it bothered me that much that they t bag I wouldn’t do it.

• Dingo88
    Options

90% of them just vault a pallet or hop in and out off lockers just to piss you off Iv had a few die to the entity coz of it which I do find kinda funny

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 233
    Options

I have a thread I posted a while ago that involves this talking about when taunting goes wrong. What you do is turn this on them. Run perks like NOED, Blood Warden, or whatever late game perks you like. Walk away from the exit gates and AFK. Worst case scenario is you have 3 minutes to look at your phone or something until they leave, best case scenario, you get some overly cocky PoS that gets reckless and takes it a bit too far and you can snag an extra kill. Again drop by that thread and take a look at the stories people have, might make you feel better and give you some ideas.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,126
    Options

Imagine a time when there was no timer.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

They think they achieved something challenging. I mean people hardly escape or kill someone in this game. It is nearly impossible.

I want to see them do something challenging in gaming like getting all trophies in spelunky. Finishing all babels in catherine or I dunno doing no damage only basic attack old school castlevania run. Etc.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,542
    Options

Cause experience points are based on how long the match goes (Devotion Level). They might want to give you hits for your points (most survivors do it... others just want to see you standing there when they leave)

I kinda wish those exp. points were geared more toward Survival instead of Devotion Level... that would also help with BP gain and the Survival Emblem issue even more

• StereoHEAD43
    StereoHEAD43 Member Posts: 53
    Options

If the game is lost (ie gate opened) and you know you can't chase them anymore, ALT+TAB and mute the chat. It saves your mental health and denies them the satisfaction of seeing you salty. They 100% will try to gloat, blind you, etc., deny them that.

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 624
    Options

For bloodpoints, yes, but what I'm mostly after is xp. Like, the stuff that counts towards your player level and rift tiers. The xp you get from a match of survivor is based on how long you were in that match (capped off at 10 minutes or 600xp). Most matches don't last 10 minutes though, so I stay for as long as possible until the killer physically boops me out of the gate.

• JediWithASniper
    JediWithASniper Member Posts: 670
    Options

Teabagging at exit gates is literally why killers love this game. We survivor mains hate it, but are forced to do it to keep these needy killers satisfied and wanting more.

• PhantomChimera
    Options

I did not know that. I will have to stick around a little longer at the end(unless I am going against the Twins. Victor has the uncanny ability to prevent you from leaving if he latches on. I have used that tactic more than once myself and it can be effective off and on.