This next chapter is gonna be the make it or break it for the Dead By Daylight community

2»

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Steam is the only one that allows people to check this data, as far as I know. However, there's no reason to believe that players on other platforms are any different from the ones on Steam. Furthermore, if you turn off crossplay, you're only matched with others who have done the same, who are a very small minority. Queue times with crossplay disabled don't mean anything.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Quitting because you don't like a character is waaaay more "cRiNgE" than the Dev's adding a character from a genre millions love.

Also, bye I guess. All the teasers they've released are heavily implying either the killer or the survivor has a background in K-Pop.

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491

This kind of thinking is dumb when DBD already has iconic figures like Myers, Pyramid Head, and whatnot.

I wasn't aware DBD wasn't allowed to do original content anymore simply because fortnite got a licenced character.

• Victor_hensley
    Victor_hensley Member Posts: 800

Imagine being livid over a word.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

"At least they fixed the problem that they intentionally created in the first place" is not exactly a good commendation for BHVR.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I don't even know what you're saying.

Let me get this right-- The Dev's adding a character-themed after a multi-billion industry, makes it Fortnite Horror Edition? Even though, fundamentally, the game won't change? How does that work?

You're allowed to have an opinion, but quitting the game over a character you may not like is petty and extreme.

• DrStone
    DrStone Member Posts: 132

Oh don’t get me wrong, I agree with that. I much more prefer licensed chapters. But I’m still open to original ones.

and it’s my dream to get Xeno. But someone on Reddit mentioned that apparently Disney owns Alien now? So it’s not possible. I hope this isn’t true.

• Okaythenn
    Okaythenn Member Posts: 47

doesn't matter if it's a multi-billion industry its not horror related at all just seems like another cash grab to get k-pop stans to get the game.

It could completely break the emersion seeing k star running about especially if its a killer will just make the game more meme-able the scary.

Unless they manage to do it right and make it scary 🤷 It's not game breaking and i wont complain about it but i just don't see how it fits.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

You're literally trying to throw words into my mouth, I'm not speaking for the whole community I'm speaking for myself. My response to you was making a comparison of people who voice their frustrations compared to people who voice their opinions on the internet, because neither matter when people are gonna ######### at you for it.

• NaturalHurdle70
    NaturalHurdle70 Member Posts: 41

I get it all, But this community is spoiled by the stuff they do- you really believe that thought I'm sick or it not good will work - don't play or.pay. It's not forced. But they are some of the best secs I have ever seen. Yeh a bit late, but they addresse the #########..

• OmegaCerebro
    OmegaCerebro Member Posts: 18

We have too many resources? I spat out my vodka so as not to choke on your hilarious hypocrisy. Killers are faster, indestructible, almost all of your aura/location perks or add-ons trump ours, you're never more than 12 steps away from a conveniently located hook, wiggling is freaking useless, the hit boxes are in your favor, Behaviour has closed off an insane number of exits and vaults, they've made the maps brighter and less cluttered, and "face camping is a viable killer strategy." Not to mention the always popular killer habit to "hit 'em over and over again while they're on the hook because I'm a killer, thus allowed to be toxic, but don't you DARE teabag me!"

I swear, it's like you killers just expect us to stand there and let you beat our brains in so that you always get what you need out of every match. Survivors can't even physically defend ourselves except for flashing a comically underpowered flashlight at you, using a difficult Hail Mary that the devs recently had the audacity to make even more situational than it already was (Defensive Strike), or dropping a pallet (and heaven help us if it actually connects, because you psychos will usually tunnel us into the ground for daring to, y'know, try to SURVIVE).

And did I mention that wiggling, a survivor's only consistent means of physical agency against a killer, is FREAKING USELESS? I did? Sorry, I forgot as I'm literally wearing away the anti-slip rubber on my controller in my 1 millionth futile attempt to wiggle free from a killer. I'm being hauled off to my doom but all I can really do is throw my hands in the ayer? And wave 'em like I just don't cayer? Wait, maybe if I put on Boil Over, which makes my wiggling 75% more effective? Oh, never mind; I already had it equipped. Not that it even matters since you killers are never more than two farts away from a hook anyway. Maybe Slippery Meat and all these laughably worthless luck add-ons and Up The Anti will help me get off this hook? Because EVERYONE knows that luck is absolutely not the most worthless stat in all the history of video games. Surely Behaviour wouldn't have trolled us by making a survivor with a completely useless perk. Nah. Perhaps we survivors have too many things going for us after all. WONK WONK.

• DarkRex635
    DarkRex635 Member Posts: 2

That’s why I don’t like fortnite. They just keep giving u licensed character because they ran out of idea and need something to please the fans.

• PGJSF
    PGJSF Member Posts: 369

They mean something if they were shorter by a half until 4.5

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Eyeroll - Your title literally states "THIS NEXT CHAPTER IS GONNA BE THE MAKE IT OR BREAK IT FOR THE DEAD BY DAYLIGHT COMMUNITY"

Seriously - say what you mean and mean what you say. This may be an online forum, but choose your words better.

• Grum_P
    Grum_P Member Posts: 79

Speak for yourself dude. Some of us really like what BHVR is doing with the game.