How do you guys feel about 3 original killers in a row?

2»

Comments

• loopsahoy
    loopsahoy Member Posts: 347

Im not sure if trapper is meant to be jason, but i agree. Originals are fun and help bhvr learn from their mistakes.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Twins is actually viable compared to the trickster in my opinion

• hardtimefun
    hardtimefun Member Posts: 293

idc that we get original killers, I hate the fact they are crazy weak, the twins are total ######### and the trickster is even worse, this is what piss me off the most

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Would be nice to get more licenced killers. I wouldn't buy them because I'm not spending money on this game, therefore I don't have to play and level them up.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354

I actually really like original killers since it allows the devs who work on audio and visuals to truly shine.

But A Binding of Kin was completely awful and The Twins are extremely unfun to face, and the best way to play them is camp and slug primarily which are fine strategies, but it's all they're good at. Trickster is looking like another bad entry with the only thing going for him being "he attractive kpop man". Lack of new maps paired with bad map reworks also hurt the chapters a lot. (Survivors are good, but they are basically skins)

It says a lot when many people are more excited for a POV adjustment on an old killer than a new killer entirely. But I may just be salty, so keep in mind this is an opinion.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Original Killers can be bought for free with Shards. So of course I prefer them instead of having to pay money.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

I'd like it better if they weren't so boring

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
  • blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Very happy, I'll honestly take original over licence. Only exception would be Pennywise.

Btw, if they do have something like a big license, they're prob waiting for the anniversary to do it.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,148
    edited March 2021

Creativity interest me more than licenses. I'm still surprised they were able to get pyramid head and Cheryl mason into the game.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

You do need to be comfortable with faster mouse movement even though his turning is capped you might be working off a lower turning speeds. Theres some reflexs element where you need to correct your swing and movement sooner but sometimes you can play the hell out of a killer and still it just dosent fit your playstyle.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

In theory OG killers should be better since the devs have more freedom with their powers but all of the OG killers come out feelings uninspired(trickster and blight) , unpolished(Twins) or underpowered (trickster). 2 of the 3 have just been what if we took these 2 killers and jammed them together like Blight being billy + nurse and trickster being plague + huntress.

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

Original chapters are the best thing BHVR can do from a marketing pov. It creates alot of profit from skins, and because its original they can create alot of skins without limitations, unlike licensed chapters.

Licensed chapters are very expensive and do not generate as much money asoriginal chapters and are basicly an advertisement for the game.

The game doesn't need more advertisement at this point, thats why their business model is so focused on the profit part which is the original chapters.

• DBDude
    DBDude Member Posts: 308

In my opinion I would say both, just because Originals make the game feels Fresh and unique, and are some really well written and designed characters with some very cool powers. As for Licenses I'm glad they stick with the licenses source material but yet tying it into their game, it's just really cool.

• PotatoPlayer
    PotatoPlayer Member Posts: 102

I don't prefer one over the other. But whichever is easier to manage, since idk what goes into securing a license.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,820

IDK. I think the licensed chapters create more pressure to make the killer strong and cool and something people will be excited for. I also think adapting a licensed character can push them to change up the gameplay more (e.g., Pig's traps, Pyramid Head's cage, Myers' stalking, etc).

On the other hand, frugal person that I am, I like that the original chapters can be free, and the cosmetics for those characters can be free.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

It's great. I prefer original chapters over licensed chapters.

Licensed chapters:

• Can't purchase chapter with shards. It's paid.
    • Can't purchase any skins with shards. They're all paid.
    • Less skins to choose from.

Original chapters:

• Free (with shards).
    • Often have many skins purchasable with shards (free).
    • More skins to choose from.
  • GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

I'm good with it. Blight was a nice addition, I love The Twins and The Trickster... Well, it will grow on me. I don't care if it's licensed or not as long as it looks nice and is fun.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    edited March 2021

I prefer the originals. They typically have better themes and more thought put into them. I don't really care for a handful of the licensed killers and find them blander and weaker in design than the originals. (Pig, Cannibal, and Freddy for sure)

Oni, Trickster, Wraith, Twins, Deathslinger, Huntress, Hag, Plague, Hillbilly, Doctor, and Nurse are all pretty solid in terms of design and theme. Spirit isn't too bad in theme and design even though I personally put her down. Blight was pretty meh to me, but I think his theme is still better than many of the licensed ones. Trapper was the original and base and those are typically a bit more one note.

Clown and Legion are the only two I think I could say are less impactful and interesting than the licensed killers. Even then, Clown is mostly farther down cause I feel "Clown" could of been used in many wacky and interesting ways but instead if a bottle thrower. I like him in theme, but he could of been a lot more. This makes Legion the only one that I might put under the licensed killers in terms of being interesting.

• TrevorLahey93
    TrevorLahey93 Member Posts: 170

I love it. I hope they make more. BHVR makes really cool original killers imo

• undeadcookie
    undeadcookie Member Posts: 198

Love it and I kinda hope they stick to this model. I always find BHVR's original characters far more interesting than most licensed characters, and I would love for licensed chapters to be more of an anniversary celebration ordeal to make them feel a bit more special.

• Masterninja
    Masterninja Member Posts: 411

I feel like #########, with all this garbage. I'm sorry but it is the truth.

• storydove
    storydove Member Posts: 54

I mentioned in another thread how I am a fan of the creative people who make this game. I find these original chapters just as fun as the licensed ones. I've been thoroughly enjoying playing as the Twins. And Elodie is amongst my fave three survivors, currently she is the only one I'm playing as until Yun-Jin.

Other people on the forum are hoping for some major license to be revealed for the anniversary of this game. I'd be just as happy with a new map and original killer and survivor.

• DrStone
    DrStone Member Posts: 132

Whenever I see a comment like this I laugh. So delusional.

There's still so many unique horror movies, games and series to explore and a lot of the killers there would easily fit the game.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Yeah, I’d have to agree. I VASTLY prefer the licensed content over the original content because, for me, I absolutely love both playing and seeing such iconic characters be introduced in this game. Plus, I also love seeing how they are able to mold these characters to be able to fit into DBD. With that said though, I understand why some would prefer the original content more. Ultimately, as long as we get new content into the game, then I’m quite happy.