Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Desync Bug - Running Theory

My theory is that the desync bug was a result of putting the Chapter 19 killer's infrastructure in place. Now, that doesn't excuse the bug and how long it lasted by any means, but it explains where the bug came from on a dedicated server.

With the teaser out, I'm less interested in the idea of the killer being tied to music/K-Pop and more interested in the rewinding of the audio. The killer is obviously going to have a time-related power; thus, the servers are now set to keep track of killer and survivor movements for a set period of time, recording them for that purpose. Having this be off could have added padding to the record of survivor and killer movements, causing the desync.

I'm not sure how I feel about a killer being able to Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time about the map, forcing survivors backward in chases or back through windows, but I'm interested to see it in practice.

Assuming that's correct, of course. We've been fooled before. cough Legion cough