Are we getting a new map for the new chapter?

So normally whenever a chapter teaser comes out, the PTB releases the following Tuesday. I can’t wait to see what coming however we haven’t got any word on any new realm updates. By this time, we should have gotten concept art/ screen shots of the new realm(s) but so far we haven’t got anything. Could this be because we are getting a brand new map/ realm? I wouldn’t be that surprised since it has been almost a year since the last one, and I doubt the devs would make the community wait a whole year for a new map. Do y’all think we are getting a new map, or just more graphical updates?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Probably more graphical upgrades.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

More graphical updates then the Mid-Chapter will finish them. Then to add more to the anniversary first new map in a while.

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

I think they said for a while they were focused on updating existing maps rather than creating new ones, but since they're pretty much all done now, I wonder if this will be the start of new realms myself...

Then again, based on the teaser, I wonder what map they could even drop? A Synth-hop clubhouse?

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

We need new maps desperately imo. They introduce new ones so slowly. In the past 2-3 years we've had just Saloon which never seems to appear, Midwich and Hawkins lab. The reworks are good but 3 maps in 2-3 years is a bit of a let down I feel.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

I don't think they will release a new map until the anniversary, damn it, when will they finish graphically updating the old maps ?? !!

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

I would love to eventually see a cool cityscape sort of map. It might be a little difficult to design in a way that wasn't really annoying for survivors and killers, but maybe it could feel like an indoor/outdoor hybrid. Something with alleyways and TALLLL buildings, lots of lights and little building entrances to duck into. I think that would be an incredibly cool map to see, especially if they drew a lot of inspiration from New York City and Tokyo for a design

• PeaceNGrease
    PeaceNGrease Member Posts: 673

That is funny you should say that because as I was writing my last post, I was just imagining the same thing, maybe like the old iconic dark alleyways you'd see in 90's movies covered in mist and fog, long and corridor like leading between several buildings, One with a dulled neon sign ominously inviting survivor guests to enter, leading to a dark club with a hallway entrance.. I see flashing lights being used (though this is optimistic because, let's be honest, BHVR ain't opening themselves up to criticism for not thinking of "epilepsy survivors").

Maybe there's even a roof section on this map, where you can take one of those... Side stairs they have on buildings in new york... Do they still have those?

Anyway, you get to the roof and there's a plank part that lets you cross from one building to the building with the club, or something like that. That would be a pretty fun idea.

I also think a Hotel level missing from this game is a HUGE oversight... It probably be a pain in the but to make work, but we need that trope

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,055

I don't think there's any hint of that happening. I just wished we would get a new map for this chapter! It's not 100% that we won't get a new map for this chapter, we could, but the chances are slim.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,062

A dilapitated nightclub surrounded by grimy alleyways would be great, was pretty much exactly what I was thinking too. Hopefully we do get something like that.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

i really hope so.

the last original DbD map was a whole year ago (Dead Dawg Saloon)...

and the last map overall was 9 month ago.