I am sorry survivors

I started playing DBD because of the killers and Played with all of them... I started with the wraith, I loved the "fake" stealth but as I got to better and better ranks, survs just started getting more and more toxic, constant flash clicks, constant teabag, and constant sabosquads... So I had to adapt, started with the doctor and everything was fun again... you gonna body block to unhook? I will shock you to oblivion, gonna flash stun after a pallet? shock, gonna tried to save your teabagger friend? blast and hit. But once again I got to even higher ranks and I started getting constant SWF with map offerings and keys, SWFs with the same clothes, and once again I adapted, I got around playing Freddy, and now? I am dirty Infinite Freddy main with Mori in almost every match...

Before you downvote and judge me... Think... Are you creating the toxic killers that you complain about so much?

You may think that it is childish and toxic to the game and maybe you are right. But I just got tired of getting spammed with toxicity, I got tired.

Have yourself a good day, and may our paths never cross on the trials because you will be here complaining about me.

Comments

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

Wait a minute. It sounds like you're saying personal opinions aren't the same things as facts, and correct me if I'm wrong here..... but I don't even think you're calling for people to be punished for doing things just because you personally don't like them. If more people in this forum understood that it might actually produce useful and constructive conversations sometimes.

• KiwiCoattails
    KiwiCoattails Member Posts: 566

I’m struggling to see how you got THAT from what I said? 👀

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
  • fray1919
    fray1919 Member Posts: 199

PistolaHextec: "Are you creating the toxic killers..."

Also PistolaHextec: "I'm sorry I hit you, but you made me do it!"

It sounds like you were the toxic one from the beginning.

And my goodness, using things in the game like cosmetics, keys, and map offerings is toxic? I've never seen such a fragile killer.

• KiwiCoattails

Now that I have more time to reply, I’ll go into depth. If a killer wants to bring a Mori every match, face camp and tunnel, that’s their choice. They’re literally just using things that are available to them in the game. Same goes for a survivor bringing a flashlight, toolbox, med-kit etc. So I fail to see how this is me saying and I quote ‘personal opinions aren’t the same as facts’ ? Like, where did you even get that from? I am genuinely baffled lol.

You might not personally like the way somebody is playing, but as long as they’re not using exploits and hacks, you just have to suck it up and deal with it. As they’re doing nothing wrong.

This is a game and people take it far too seriously. The fact people receive death threats, racial and homophobic abuse because of how they choose to play is beyond insane and some of you need a reality check and fast.

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509

So you’re blaming the survivors for now making you become toxic.

And those survivors will blame killers for making them act toxic.

This just keeps going round and now the whole game has become toxic.

• PistolaHextec
    PistolaHextec Member Posts: 5

Have you ever played against 4 survs using the same cosmetic? Have you ever played against 4 toolboxes with gloves? Have you ever got an entity displeased because of a full SWF with a Skeleton key that chose the map? Are you really trying to make a point and say that those things arent toxic? And you know my friend you may be right, who I am to say anything? I am just a killer main.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

As many others have said play how you want but just know that you are making the game pretty miserable to the other players

If you’re okay with that go ahead

• PistolaHextec

I am saying the toxicity creates toxicity, I am just a result of this circle... I am not here to change the game. I don't tunnel and I don't camp hooks, but I will sweat to beat those that choose to play the game in a bully way.

• KiwiCoattails

That’s why I don’t personally do it. I don’t get tilted by video games and if I encounter a toxic team of survivors or a toxic killer, I normally just laugh it off.

My point was that you can’t dictate to others how they should play. If they want to do things that make other people ‘miserable’ that’s for them to live with.

When people want a reaction out of me, I just don’t give them one. Indifference is worse than hate.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Yep just don’t respond or my favourite is to be nice to them. It really confuses them

• fray1919

Using the same cosmetic...who cares? Why is that a problem? Does it make the game harder for you? Sounds fragile.

Four toolboxes with gloves? Why is that a problem? Does it make the game harder for you? Sounds fragile.

SWF bring a key and map offering? Why is that a problem? Does it make the game harder for you? Sounds fragile.

All I'm hearing is, "Why does the opposing team try to make things harder for me?" And to be honest, the "same cosmetic" and "too many toolboxes" one is weak sauce. Having a key and planning to use it for everyone is much more difficult to deal with, but since you know it in advance, you can play for it.

But to say that bringing a key justifies being jerk? Sounds fragile.

• Lady_MJ
    Lady_MJ Member Posts: 5

I'm a nice killer. I let the last one get the hatch 60% of the time if they were just having a rough time. I'm just waiting to get spammed with toxic survivors and then just become toxic in general. I'm also a survivors main just starting to play killer.

• PistolaHextec

You got to be joking... How am I being a jerk? Because I am making the game harder for you as a survivor? Sounds Fragile.

I don't tunnel or hook camp but even if I would is that me being a jerk because it makes the game sad for you? Sounds Fragile.

I use a build to counter bully squads like probably yourself... So please tell me how jerk I am and how fragile I am, because all I can read is a fragile survivor that can't bully a killer.

• Lady_MJ
    Lady_MJ Member Posts: 5

Quick question. Have you every actually played killer against a 4 SWF in red ranks? Have you ever played killer for more than a week? Solo queue for survivors could be a death sentence but a SWF that are communicating and actually working together is annoying as hell. I feel like survivors are allowed to bring the most OP thing and I'm a survivor main just turning to killer because I wanna understand the other side.

I honestly feel like survivors will complain if a killer brings something OP. But don't see it wrong if they bring a brand new part, key, or map. You complain about sweaty killers but it's one person against four. I can't ######### split myself into 3 and chase everyone. It takes a 3 minutes for the game to turn. If survivors play sweaty the killer should too. Cut the crap with this Survivor god mentality. Play killer. Understand BOTH sides and stop being rude. It's fRaGilE.

• Kingpaulmathers
    Kingpaulmathers Member Posts: 82

Hell yeah, my kind of guy. I’m the same when I play killer. I sit back and watch the salty messages roll.

• fray1919

The bad faith post always comes after the poster realizes they were wrong. :)

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Sorry but you seem like salty. Prob you had toxic survivors and they made you cry ( Your post told that )

Anyway you paid for game, so play as what you wanna but there is no reason for threatening people, cya

• SpookyPumpkinPiez
    SpookyPumpkinPiez Member Posts: 278

You are the monster we created 😔

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

You either die a humble Wraith main, or you live long enough to become a toxic Freddy.

Jokes aside, just know you're fueling the cycle of toxicity now too. You have become the very thing you swore to destroy!

• Renfear
    Renfear Member Posts: 137

This is a serious issue. I've never met a game that pisses me off more than DbD and I'm super chill otherwise. I'm here to have fun, but you run into a group that's dead set on making sure you don't have fun and suddenly you're ready to rip their throats out and even winning is only cathartic, not enjoyable.

• fray1919
    edited February 2021

I play both survivor and killer to red ranks.* I wouldn't call either a main. Thank you for asking.

I don't believe I complained about anyone in this thread except the OP's attitude, because while "victim blaming" in Dead by Daylight isn't exactly a huge deal, letting that attitude go unchecked can have real world consequences.

Of course, I'm starting to think that noctis129 was right and that this is a troll topic.

ETA: Rather I should say I try to play them equally to red ranks. I don't stay there with both simultaneously.

• SocialDistomancy
    SocialDistomancy Member Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2021

not sure why you're still buying moris lol, nor apologizing for using them

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509

Yes it’s just a vicious cycle of toxicity that this game has become. The first person to have ever started this toxicity must feel like Jesus. They’ve started a new way of DBD life.

• crow13312013
    crow13312013 Member Posts: 61

Yes finally someone who gets my day bout dbd 😂🤣

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617

God, this game is absolutely doomed. So many people are so selfish and only care about their own experience of the game. Applies to both survivors and killers. It's actually sad to watch.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430
    edited February 2021

"may our paths never cross on the trials because you will be here complaining about me."

But your post is basically complaining about them. I doubt you are even in their heads, as much asd they seem to be in yours. They moved on to the next match.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

I was agreeing with you from the start. At least I think I was. I'm honestly baffled that isn't how it seems. I have read and reread what I said. I don't understand how it can be taken as anything other than agreeing with you. I even had someone else read it without any context first. After reading they looked at me and said "But you were agreeing with them." I guess it's just a misunderstanding. I'll attribute it to not making myself clear enough. Anyway, to further explain what I was trying to say.

There are many people on this forum that obviously think their opinions on how to play this game are the only valid ones and should be taken by everyone else as facts. By saying you don't tunnel and camp but don't complain about those that do you are obviously not one of those people. To me that says you are aware your personal opinions aren't the same as facts. It's something lost on way too many people on this forum.

I often see people on this forum saying BHVR should implement punishments for certain things based on their personal opinions. You said people should be able to play how they want as long as they aren't using hacks or exploits. That seems to be the opposite of saying people should be punished for doing things you personally don't like.

If I extrapolated too much from what you said I apologize. I truly think I was agreeing with you though. I meant what I said as a compliment. In other words it seems to me you are one of the few people on this forum that understand your personal preferences should not be taken as facts that dictate how everyone else plays DBD.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

Meh you have no excuse to camp or tunnel people that didnt do anything to deserve that.

• KiwiCoattails

See now you’ve gone into detail, I understand what you mean lol. The way your original reply was worded confused me for some reason. But, yeah, I agree with everything you just said. <3