The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dying on struggle issue

Is there ever going to be a fix for this issue for certain players? Yet again yesterday I was sacrificed whilst pressing the struggle key (Ps4 pro) when a survivor was within yards of me. I feel like a right tool everytime and feel for my teammates as I'm unable to do anything about it.

People on here blamed in on frame rate drops, im on a Ps4 pro and I had no issues on my old ps4. Killer wasn't even near me when I died.

Survivor is effectively broken for me past the 1st hook phase, that's making me an unfair hindrance to my team.

If there's anything you guys can suggest, id appreciate it. I have no issues with any other aspect of the game and I play killer regularly too.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Did you check the controller itself? Maybe the key is busted from struggling too much.

This problem is almost impossible to fix because the devs have no way of knowing if it's a hardware or software issue, and even if it is a software issue, it seems to be impossible to reproduce.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

I honestly dont understand why struggle is still in the game. It's not challenging or intense or anything, it's just annoying and causes issues. Stuggle is something that should have been given the boot in beta, or at least within the first few months of release, but 4+ years later and it's still here for some unfathomable reason.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

I swear I saw something on how they were looking into making it more like the Cages with skill checks - I could be misremembering.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Skill checks would be good. As for it being controller related, no i don't think so. Its newish, I don't mash the hell out of it, i press it pretty quick but not too rough. I only play a few games and X isn't used a great deal, if anything, my left stick would suffer more.