The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Bloodpoint perks

Hi everyone,

as the title already says, i want to talk about bloodpoint perks.
Many if not most people play DbD for the bloodpoints while ignoring the rank. So why not create more perks that give extra bloodpoints like distressing?
For example, give sloppy butcher 100% extra Brutality bloodpoints.
Same for survivors.

So basically, for every category a perk. The player can decide:

• He either can use perks who give a much bigger advantage, or
  • He can use a perk which gives more bloodpoints and a slight improvement to gameplay (Like distressing, only usefull for doctor in terms of TR)

More power or more points. Combined people can create "Farmbuilds", where they get way more points but lose power.
What do you guys think?

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    edited October 2018

Most of the bloodpoint perks (and addons), with the exception of WGLF and BBQ, are worthless.
    Simply because they apply the bonus points during the match, instead of after the match.

For example, i can play the Wraith, equip Distressing and the addon that gives me 100% bonus points to Deviousness actions. Result: 2.200 points per hit in the Deviousness category alone.
    4 hits = maxed points. Has no one noticed this?
    That´s completely worthless.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441
    Apparently Beast of Prey is going to be giving you more hunter points as part of a change next patch
  • Absolute_Zero
    Absolute_Zero Member Posts: 56

@Tsulan

On wraith, distressing is not the best choice, while on a trapper for example that perk can do wonders in terms of points. Or Thrill on nurse since she has trouble getting points there because her chases are that short.
    Some killers have a harder time getting points in specific categories than others.
    Survivors for example have a hard time getting points in Survival. Boldness is full after one or two chases for example.

Bloodpoint perks CAN give you more points, they don't have to. Like Doc with distressing, since you would max out on deviousness most of the times anyway.
    Why not give Players at least the opportunity to rack up points faster while the risk of the perk actually being useless is present. And by giving bloodpoint bonuses to weak perks, they would maybe see some play and MAYBE shift the meta a little bit. I don't think it would hurt the game, so why not try it?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Absolute_Zero said:
    @Tsulan

On wraith, distressing is not the best choice, while on a trapper for example that perk can do wonders in terms of points. Or Thrill on nurse since she has trouble getting points there because her chases are that short.
    Some killers have a harder time getting points in specific categories than others.
    Survivors for example have a hard time getting points in Survival. Boldness is full after one or two chases for example.

Bloodpoint perks CAN give you more points, they don't have to. Like Doc with distressing, since you would max out on deviousness most of the times anyway.
    Why not give Players at least the opportunity to rack up points faster while the risk of the perk actually being useless is present. And by giving bloodpoint bonuses to weak perks, they would maybe see some play and MAYBE shift the meta a little bit. I don't think it would hurt the game, so why not try it?

Distressing on Wraith can be a good choice, if you equip the addon that lets you have a terror radius, even when cloaked.