New Chapter Theory - Cursed Song

sayyestoheaven
sayyestoheaven Member Posts: 6
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

Hi everyone!

So far, everything we've gotten from the chapter is falling in line with a Korean movie I adore titled "White: Curse of the Melody"

MOVIE PLOT:

To put the plot simply, a Korean girl group is struggling to become famous until one day they stumble upon a video tape in their studio where an unknown girl group performs a song called "White." They decide to steal the song and perform it and they become super big from it. Eventually, the girls start having weird things happening to them.

STOP READING NOW IF YOU INTEND TO WATCH THE MOVIE!

The three side girls end up becoming sick or injured because of the video tape/song, while the forefront of the group starts to become possessed / haunted by a ghost that we later find out is the creator of the song, White. The band breaks apart and the forefront girl is in the limelight herself and the three sidegirls become possessed and kill themselves all at the same time the main girl is about to perform on a music show. In the end, the forefront is killed by the ghost and the stage is set on fire while the crowd runs away.

(This is just a basic rundown of the film, the actual movie is a lot cooler!)

IT'S CONNECTION TO THE TEASERS:

Obviously, this is a lot to attribute to this new chapter as we don't have much on it! But I wouldn't be surprised if they were inspired by this movie for this chapter! We know that it will be Korean oriented with more focus on music, meaning a K-Pop character (whether it be a killer or survivor) will be featured. Going from the music teaser, it seems the song could be cursed given there are secret messages in the waveforms. Now with the new teaser today, we hear a man and woman speaking about cancelling an interview / performance because it had been "a year since the fire" which is much like the movie.

CONCLUSION:

Let me know what you think! I'd love to see a ghost-type survivor using a haunted/cursed song as a power. My first thought was Yun-Jin (the girl on the teaser) would be forced to do the event and end up being killed during it. I also hope the survivor will be from a K-Pop girl group, but I wouldn't be surprised if maybe the male voice was the survivor.