From Horror to KPOP? What's next.. Fall Guys?

Options

Comments

• Naz
    Naz Member Posts: 122
    Options
  • IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    edited March 2021
    Options

I laughed way too much when I seen the killer for the first time. He isn't creepy or scary at all. I won't be buying the chapter, but I do kinda like the survivor.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

One really doesn't have anything to do with the other. This is about Kpop, may as well have said "it's funny how the fnaf people asked for Springtrap and in the end..."

• AsherFrost
    Options

Right? Seriously would much rather have her than neegan

• Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Member Posts: 208
    edited March 2021
    Options

I don't think this community really cares on what's "scary" nobody really bases new killers on how scary they'll be, this community is mostly focused on how fun the killer is gameplay wise. I like the new killer because of how fun he looks to play. Character design wise he's not scary, but it's unique. There's obviously nothing wrong with DBD also being scary and going back to it's roots, but right now this i like this approach the devs did

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309
    Options

Him, absolutely not. You, it is quite possible.

The author did not mention any alleged sexuality, he is talking about horror. I agree on this point.

But you, you do it to complain that you can't say anything without being called homophobic? Discrediting the reality of homophobia, classic... Yes, question yourself.

• Starshadw
    Starshadw Member Posts: 266
    Options

I personally LOVE the new Killer's aesthetic and visuals. I hope we see more Killers who aren't visually hideous/horrific.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302
    Options

The new killer definitely feels more โ€œvideo gameโ€ than โ€œhorrorโ€ for sure. Is that bad? Iโ€™m not sure, itโ€™s not like DBD ever had any horror beyond jump scares anyways. Most of the characters have ridiculous outfits already.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    Options

Y'know...

The new killer is literally everything people hate about deathslinger AND did all the stuff people only claim deathslinger totally did/must have done. Y'know, the reasoning people use to harass those that play and like deathslinger? be it for gameplay, lore or both?

But watch this new guy getting loved because... i dunno why. all while you still can't admit that you like deathslinger without getting harassed

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841
    Options

"He doesn't fit in DBD"

Neither does Legion, Demogorgon, Deathslinger, etc.

Where are the complaints for that?

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options
  • Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137
    Options

Fnaf chapter not looking too bad to me now lmao.

• Purple_Orc
    Purple_Orc Member Posts: 218
    Options

When I first saw the new killer I thought they added one of those sparkly vampires. Then I looked into it and found out he's not a vampire, he's just a douche.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    Options

Why do you say from horror to K-pop? Anything can be horror.

We don't say "From Horror to westerns" with Deathslinger for example.

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120
    edited March 2021
    Options

Yeah and you're a bit of an asshoIe for just wanting to insult for no reason at all, when did I say he's gay to begin with? Literally blowing it out of proportion dude, go believe in your truth when all you want is a lie. I never even said I hated the killer, just looks out of place is all.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

I mean they slapped a bit of blood on his face/chest then called it a day, it looks like. Design wise I mean

Seems kinda lazy.

The voice acting stuff is kinda neat, even if a little over-the-top (All the grunts from things like falling, no other killer does that I don't think)

• Smiler
    Smiler Member Posts: 165
    Options

So if your average Joe or Megan turns out to be a serial killer I should be fking terrified by them?????????

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

All that hype...for this? I am so disappointed. If I buy this chapter, which probably isn't going to happen, I will just get his adept and never touch him again.

• DrStone
    DrStone Member Posts: 132
    Options

People think that nothing but dark tones exist in horror. They're so boring and uncreative that they only see killers as someone who's ugly or disfigured or masked.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,514
    Options

He is not licensed or exists anywhere outside of DbD. He is an original creation.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options
  • Ivaldi
    edited March 2021
    Options

No. They literally saw their game dying due to their horrible PR, refusal to listening to player feedback and lack of communication. So they decided to poach off the K-POP community that are die hard fans and will immediately forget about all their wrong doings. Obviously it worked because notice how no ones talking about how bad the UI still is, how terrible the lag is or how awful the survivor queue times are.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    edited March 2021
    Options

What's next?...

Killy Tubbies

Fkn terrifying.

• Ivaldi
    Options

Except it is like every other killer?

Trickster = Deathslinger & Plague 2.0

Twins = M1 Killer & Portal-less Demogorgon

Blight = Billy & Spirit 2.0

Oni = Billy & Leatherface

Ghostface = Myers & Pig

Clown = Huntress & Freddy(Snares)

Deathslinger = Weaker Huntress with a smaller terror radius

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443
    Options

That's how it's felt the last while. My brother is gay and he's been raging about the last while on the forums because its been turned into a circus.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

I wasn't talking about his power. I never even mentioned his power.

I'm talking about how everyone is throwing a hissy fit over the design of the killer because he doesn't fit in, which again, I do not like that much, But Mr. Puddles, Robbie the Rabbit, Bunny Feng, the Bull Onesie for Deathslinger, all the Christmas skins, especially the ones that Dwight wears, the Legion's neon and Day of the Dead skins, the Krampus skin, the Minotaur do.

The whining about what he looks like is ridiculous.

• Hex_Salt
    Hex_Salt Member Posts: 443
    Options

Mate I'd be more scared of them than this killer ๐Ÿ˜„

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

He kills people. That's how he fits. The scariest kinds of killers are the ones that look like anyone else. That's why american psycho and silence of the lambs are such great horror movies.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

You built up the hype and expected something and now are disappointed you didn't get what you wanted. Why is this anyone's fault but your own? I had no expectations, I didn't get hyped, and I like this new chapter. Maybe, just maybe, riding the hypetrain is never a good idea because you'll always be let down. Nothing will ever be as good, or as acceptable, as what you hype yourself up for.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

I never said it was anyone's fault. I am just giving my feedback regarding a chapter which I didn't like.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie Member Posts: 618
    Options

Legion is clearly inspired from "You're Next" and "The Strangers". While Deathslinger feel's more like a killer in one of those run of the mill horror movies from a full moon or lesser production company, but I think it's obvious he was modeled after 'The Judge' from "The Frighteners"...right down to the decayed jaw. Demogorgon does NOT fit in DBD, and was complained about when he was released because of the slippery slope it would cause, which has brought us to today.

A decent argument could at least be made for Demogorgon as it was an actual 'monster', which is unique for DBD and that Strangers Things current popularity would help bolster the game's playerbase. I, along with several others, disagreed about his inclusion due to the appeal of a younger audience. Clearly that concern was warranted as there is a lot of people on these forums who know very little about the genre.

This killer, 'The Trickster', is ridiculous. Having a 120lb human fireman's carry a David or Bill just makes the game silly. What's so tricky about him anyways? I read his incredibly lengthy backstory(movie treatment) and not only is there nothing clever there, it's kind of embarrassing. Now I know the horror genre sets a pretty low bar when it comes to premise but this is pretty far down the chain in Jack Frost and Gingerdead man territory.

If this is the best killer bE can come up with maybe it's time to stop.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,514
    Options

i would say the Pig is the one standing out the most in this pic.

New killer fits in nicely

• AsherFrost
    Options

So we're just going to ignore the pig in the room? It's ok, she is short enough you can overlook her easily.

• Mozzie
    Options

Just using the examples I've been given. While it's also ridiculous to think of Amanda carrying Jeff she could for sure beat the hell out of jiwoon.

• AsherFrost
    Options

He's got a baseball bat and a bunch of throwing knives. She's got her Assassin's Creed cosplay blade and David Cameron's college girlfriend on her head. I just don't see her winning.

• Mozzie
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hoffman would of been a better character to wear the pig mask, no question. Amanda overpowers Eric Matthews in Saw III, this twink wouldn't stand a chance. Ironically Amanda carrying Allison Kerry's body is what gets the FBI suspecting another killer involved.

• AsherFrost
    Options

She's nipple high with a blade attached to her wrist. The "twink" as you say has about a foot of range before the bat even enters the equation.

• Mozzie
    edited March 2021
    Options

Why are people on here so arrogantly certain of matters when they don't even know the characters they speak about? I'll just leave this here for you. It's not a baseball bat, it's a lead pipe.

And I'll repeat again, I would have rather they used Hoffman over Amanda just so it would be a bit more realistic when it comes to the physicality of overpowering the survivors. But it's bE, we gotta hit those diversity numbers ya know?

• AsherFrost
    Options

I know the characters, getting over on a single dude once is luck.

Seriously, watch professional mma. Tell me when you see a fighter with over 1 foot reach disadvantage who wins a fight. You'll have to email me, as this game will be long dead by the time it happens. There's a reason weight classes exist in combat sports.

• DeadHardMan
    DeadHardMan Member Posts: 319
    Options

Why are you so damn serious about this? There are a lot of inconsistencies in this game if we look at it from your point of view. Susie and Pig wouldn't be able to carry Bill, Ash, or David by one hand. Killers can just jump over obstacles instead of running around in circles. Like I can go on forever.

I respect your opinion and understand the message you're trying to convey but don't make it sound like DBD is a serious "down to earth" game.

• Kolossoni
    Kolossoni Member Posts: 371
    Options

I think people are mad cuz he's good looking.

If he was ugly AF people wouldn't complain. Insecurity at it's best. (Imagine Doctor's face on this guy)

The important part is that he is mentally unstable and is a ruthless killer despite of his good looks and talent.

Why do people assume ugly = scary?