If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Why is Victor a boy?

Options
OwOHearts
OwOHearts Member Posts: 11

So after seeing the twins, I was left confused. I always thought conjoined twins had to be the same gender yet Victor and Charlotte are not. Does this have a lore explanation that I missed, or is this an oversight?

Comments

• RepostRiposte
    RepostRiposte Member Posts: 793
    Options

They probably thought the tiny ankle-nibbling gremlin role was better suited to a name like "Victor"

But yeah, in terms of lore it makes no sense because they supposedly lived as normal, non-supernatural people in the real world.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,851
    Options

I don't believe there has ever been a male/female conjoined twin that's been recorded.

However, as food for thought, there was an exceptionally rare event whereby a pair of identical twins were different sexes due to an extremely unusual genetic happening. The link is below:

The idea for The Twins certainly doesn't bare any realism, but if something as unique as this occurs, theb who knows whether it's possible, given an extraordinary set of events.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

It is possible for conjoined twins to be opposing sexes, though it is incredibly rare.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 781
    Options

I don't think it's very common in real life, but it happens a lot in fiction.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587
    Options

I said this on a different post, but there isn't actually any evidence Victor is biologically male beyond the pronouns used, and in life the Deshayes wouldn't have had any indication Victor was male or female because his lower half was, you know.

So, I think it's reasonably likely that Madeline simply had "Charlotte" in mind for a girl and "Victor" in mind for a boy, hence the naming scheme.