Improve the Huntress's Hitbox

Options

Today I was just playing at the Autohaven Map as Huntress. I am gonna skip all the things at the map but there is only 1 problem which are hitbox logic. I was aiming at the survivor's head but it hit the one of the autohaven car which survivor abuses it and there was a gap which was possible for hatch to pass the car but due to logic of the game it hits the car. I mean it should be improved cause it gives fair disadvantage and it is not logical to hit the car in that scenario. I am writing this cause there needs to be some update about this.

Comments

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

I think these were recently re-worked end of last year, so I doubt they'll be in the developers sights for a while.

It preceded my time playing this game, but I also heard that they used to be better for Huntress pre-rework too :(

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509
    Options

Yo do realise that this happens because the hit box is too big, if they reduce the hit box to stop this happening it will make it much harder to hit shots in general

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399
    Options

I really dont understand the devs sometimes. There are many problems that needs to be improved. I mean DBD is a really good game and it can be even better but things process really slow. They even just updated the Wraith which increased his speed. I hope they will fix them soon. I play both the killer and survivor and I can say that killer is really disadvantage at the matches.

• JPA
    JPA Member Posts: 1,685
    Options

Unfortunately, a large part of a Huntresses skillset is knowing which items you can inexplicably throw hatchets through, and which you can't

• CheesyGuy
    Options

I do not know the general of all but I just see the thing that normally a hatch was supposed to pass that car. It did not which is a problem. I just want it to be normal nothing more nothing less.

• Mugombo
    Mugombo Member Posts: 509
    Options

It’s just what they’ve set the hit box as, if they make the hitbox smaller it will be less likely to hit objects that you think it should get passed. But it will also mean it will be less likely that you hit a survivor you aim at.

• Mr_Critical
    Mr_Critical Member Posts: 45
    Options

The Hatchet Has two Hitboxes, Ones the damage box that hurts the survivor, the other is the Collision Hitbox that breaks the hatchet when it hits something. They Are Separate.

• CheesyGuy
    Options

Well then they need to improve the Collision Hitbox cause it is not great at the Autohaven Map. It was happened before and I thought that they fixed it after the new map design but it didnt :/

• Mr_Critical
    Mr_Critical Member Posts: 45
    edited March 2021
    Options

Its not really the hatchets problem its just they forgot to fix areas of autohaven I guess, it will hopefully get fixed with Trickster since he does the same thing as huntress.

Also, some tiles cant be thrown over if you are to close to them, you have to step away a bit to throw over, if you don't the hatchet will just instantly break.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    edited March 2021
    Options

The hitbox giveth and the hitbox taketh away. The cars are annoying, but survivors have janky and unspecific hitboxes too, which lets you get hits by hitting a few centimeters above their head. It all fits into the issue of hitboxes are difficult.