The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Playing Hillbilliy

Nero
Nero Member Posts: 43

Playing Hillbilly is like having and unlimited EW3 except that you have 1 shot ability from the start of the match and extremely high mobility to insta down survivors unlike Myers who is easy to spot and takes 2-3 gens to reach unlimited EW3 when tuft of hair addon is used but my point is when I play hillbilly, it is so easy to play and I end games in like 2-3 minutes and survivors could barely do 2-3 generators, I dont know maybe Im that good but it feels very easy to play Hillbilly..I play on rank 1 and if I use good addons on Hiillbilly even against good SWF with voice comms, there is not a single game where I dont get atleast 3 kills...Im constantly getting easy 4k's as Hillbilly, same can be said for the Nurse as well..That is why I try mostly to play Myers because he is fun and against him the game goes longer , at the same time it gets survivors sit on their toes and scares them..Can we see a rework on Hillbilly and Nurse in the soon future? because as the survivors being nerfed ,and Stealth is hard now, these 2 killers are getting extremely stronger and boring to play against..and I get bored when I play Hillbilly. Thank you ! Please reply

Comments

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

Meh billy is so overrated. Denying his saw is rudimentary and unlike the shape he has a massive terror radius. Billy might have time to get close but you will know when hes coming. Hes still loopable and rudimentary to beat.

• Bananaplanes
    Bananaplanes Member Posts: 23

He’s perfectly fine and with good survivors, he’s still pretty beatable depending on the skill level.

• Nero

@DeadByFlashlight said:
    I totally agree with you, fellow killer main

whats this ?

• Nero

@Zarathos said:
    Meh billy is so overrated. Denying his saw is rudimentary and unlike the shape he has a massive terror radius. Billy might have time to get close but you will know when hes coming. Hes still loopable and rudimentary to beat.

he is loopable yes but read my post carefully what Im saying

• Arik13
    Arik13 Member Posts: 67
    edited October 2018

brother i do think hillbilly is a very strong killer, but the type of billy player you described are few and far between, if the survivors are capable billy will have a very hard time to win, but a god billy can end a game within minutes, same goes for nurse, nurse is a lot stronger than billy too.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Nero Hillbilly feels easier to play simply because he is more forgiving than Myers. His perks help him start and continue chases making him hard to lose. With his fearsome sprint, he can also quickly catch up on survivors that gain distance. Combined with the one-hit-down all game he is definitely a more forgiving killer.

Myers's perks fight each other as two of them encourage you to spare your obsession while the other one encourages you to kill the obsession early, wasting your other perks. On top of this, Myer's relies on keeping survivors visible to charge his power. Since survivors are aware of this fact it can be downright infuriating trying to charge Evil Within which in turn restricts you to a slower speed and smaller lunge.

Both killers are good, but Myers relies upon certain-addons and perks to become good. Meanwhile, with just his teachable perks alone the Hillbilly is good. When you put other perks on him, he can become a god.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

@Nero said:

@Zarathos said:

Him being able to get around the map makes sense why it is billy and nurse who are top tier because they do not have to continuously makeup massive distances by just walking at 115% ms. Killers should be able to cross the maps better. Billy is not op hes the standard all killers should be at.

• Nero

@Bananaplanes said:
    He’s perfectly fine and with good survivors, he’s still pretty beatable depending on the skill level.

@Zarathos said:

@Nero said:

@Zarathos said:

Him being able to get around the map makes sense why it is billy and nurse who are top tier because they do not have to continuously makeup massive distances by just walking at 115% ms. Killers should be able to cross the maps better. Billy is not op hes the standard all killers should be at.

Im not saying he is OP, I just think its boring if you are too good with him..my games are ending too fast even though I dont care if Im playing against SWF or more than 2 toolboxes

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Melee chainsaws take skill and timing to hit. You rarely get hits randomly. And billy can't use it on lerys. Myer's can simply m1 1 hit with a longer lunge to hit easily. Billy should not be touched.
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Nero said:

Im not saying he is OP, I just think its boring if you are too good with him..my games are ending too fast even though I dont care if Im playing against SWF or more than 2 toolboxes

If you are getting bored of Billy boy, I recommend trying to use the doom engravings and the death engravings at the same time. Fun challenge and has it's own advantages and disadvantages.
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

You say stealth is hard... when did it ever get any harder??

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

There's a reason why I'd rather play against any killer other than Billy. Just doesn't feel fair to play against lol

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited October 2018

@DexyIV said:
    There's a reason why I'd rather play against any killer other than Billy. Just doesn't feel fair to play against lol

Sally would like to have a word with you...
    EDIT: For the record, I'm assuming "fair"="easy", and we all know a good Nurse is top dog.

Post edited by Orion on
  • chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355
    Honestly the best map for him is the cornfield. People tend to do gens in the field so they can hide easily. What about you panic and get caught in a random Hillbilly chainsaw sprint? That map is pure magic. 
  • DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

@Orion said:

@DexyIV said:

Sally would like to have a word with you...
    EDIT: For the record, I'm assuming "fair"="easy", and we all know a good Nurse is top dog.

Yeah, it's usually pretty easy to assume that's what people mean when they say "fair". But I'd personally take a Nurse over a Billy any day, so...yeah. I could go on as to why I think he's unfair, but I've come to see you're not the most enjoyable person to debate with XD

• Nero

@DexyIV said:

His addons are kinda strong and almost no downsides, just take a look at carburator tuning guide addon..its only rare and it has no downside and a lot of advantages..his even the common addon decrease the charge time slightly and the other one decreases cooldown..I usually play with these 2 common addons and dont have any problem

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    chococri said:
    Honestly the best map for him is the cornfield. People tend to do gens in the field so they can hide easily. What about you panic and get caught in a random Hillbilly chainsaw sprint? That map is pure magic. 
    You can endlessly sprint in a circle on Rotten Fields, think about that.

GAS, GAS, GAS!
    SPEEDY RUNNER!
    RUNNING IN THE 90'S!
    NIGHT OF FIRE!
    DEJA VU!
    DON'T STOP THE MUSIC!
    HEY DON'T YOU KNOW MY NAME, SPITFIRE?!