The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Freddy shows what is wrong with this game.

Mineguy
Mineguy Member Posts: 318

You probably thought you read now a 5000 word post of a entitled survivor main who rages about one killer. But no, here is a post from a maybe entitled killer who tells you what is really wrong in my opinion.

Why do people hate Freddy? Because he can make loops unsafe, he can teleport to gens and he has strong addons. And here is now my question for you. What is wrong about that?

Survivors rush gens whenever they want to and abuse loops how they like and this is okay because, you guessed it already, they are survivors and they are always right.

Freddy denies so many thinks survivors abuse. Not everyone can learn how to play nurse or spirit just to have a chance and not everyone likes the bully squads so... Just expect that he is so strong and stop crying.

Comments

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Oh you done did it now

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Completely agree he don't require skill at all, and there are thing like putting you to sleep on hits that completely breaks the purpose of clocks. Clocks are useless, if you heal yourself you will be put to sleep again, and if you don't heal you will be put to sleep anyway after the timer runs out. Really bad design.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Survivors Devs have already spoken. Freddy will get the hammer at some point.

Thats what happens when you mess with survivor's looping ability.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199

One nerf I think could be viable for Freddy is that hits actually wake you up from the dream, just like hooks and failed skill checks.

• YourNightmare
    YourNightmare Member Posts: 164

What you didn't understand about the game is this point :

• actually you need skill to win a trial

This game was made to be competitive and because cry babies killer mains, it's now a casual game and we always see the same killers, again and again.

If you can't get 2k+ giving good chase and map control with Demogorgon or Trapper then you are a terrible killer player, period.

Killer mains that rely on Freddy, Stridor Spirit or Hag to get wins and rank up are just noobs. That's why we meet so many red rank killers that are terribles with any other killers, it's because they are bad, not because the game is unbalanced.

It's the same for survivors, most of them are boosted to red ranks...

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

what's wrong with Freddy is how much he gets for free thanks to his passive, i can defend nurse and even spirit. But Freddy? nope too much for free.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199

Perhaps Freddy's sleep progression timers should be halved when you're doing something.

Sprinting, Repairing, Sabotaging, Totems, Opening Chests, Healing.

Otherwise, if you're just stood still, crouching, or walking at normal speed, you continue to 'fall asleep' at the current rate.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,466

What I think they should do, is like a reverse on how his oblivious works and how sleepiness is gained, make the TR only able to be heard while asleep (how it was before his rework) but undetectable/oblivious when you're awake but he still has his lullaby, being inside the lullaby will make your timer tick down but pause when inside of a chase. That way there's still a possibility of applying slow down but he needs to be more active and actually work for his pressure instead of getting it for free

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited March 2021

Freddy is a fine killer honestly.

I don't want him nerfed at all; I just want him to be less power spammy but have his power adjusted accordingly.

I feel he should have a higher skill ceiling than he does; that would help keep his kill rate in a sensible spot across the board. It should be the player that makes the killer work, not the killer that makes the player work.

BHVR doesn't understand their game very well though, so they will probably just nerf him a bit and call it a day. Watch them nerf pallets but not snares too knowing them 🙄

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
  • chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

So backstory I use all my killers but obviously I have my favs so some I aint quite as good with. Depending on the killers I'm running with I am between ranks 1-3. So I perform very optimally MOST not all but MOST of the time with every killer except HAG, and Spirit. Those two I just uhhhhhhhhhhhh. So your logic is crack pipe. Your good with who fits your style and the ones your not you have to put in extra work to see if you can ever play them.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

"they are survivors and they are always right."

Pretty much, and I say this as someone who has played a lot of survivor. All you need to do is take one of the low-mid tier killers against a strong swf with second chance perks and a survivor sided map and you realize how underpowered some killers are. A lot of the loops just aren't very fun to play against and survivors can waste a lot of time with relatively little skill.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

That's what happens when you mess with survivor's anything. That's why a lot of the newer killers all suck (just in my opinion).

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486

Yeah I don’t like current Freddy right now either. He should be invisible until you fall asleep, survivors shouldn’t have to run around the map for clocks but wake each other up or themselves through actions (like blowing up a gen). Plus Freddy should have to point his power at a survivor and personally lull them to sleep (8-10 secs). If a survivor slips out of his killer radius but is still asleep then they get revealed too.

This the only fair way I can think of to make Freddy a powerful Killer but with a strong drawback to his power to make it fair for survivors.

Your welcome.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,085

I really think he's overrated to an extent. To beat his snares, you use routing (linking tiles together) and drop pallets early like you would against Clown. His teleport isn't much of an issue, because you can just run away from the gen and come back if he's faked it. His passive slowdown aspect is a problem though. When combined with Thana or Ruin, you're not getting much of anything done. I do believe forever Freddy is still a thing against solos. A competent SWF definitely handles Freddy easily, through good looping and gen rush. Solos however, I don't think are, on average, good enough to beat him. They see a Freddy, or a Spirit, or a Pyramid Head, and they just don't know how to counterplay them so they give up or do poorly. Not everyone watches YT tutorials to get better at the game unfortunately.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Okay, all we ask for is that he not be super easy to boot.

Easy killers should be Myers level, not Freddy level. Having them be Freddy level just feels like no matter what, the killer didn't earn a thing and shouldn't have won. It's like if NOED had a killer form.

• AppeaseTheEntity
    AppeaseTheEntity Member Posts: 61

The only problem with Freddy is his built in pressure mechanic, that is all. Sleep timers should only start after the first hit. Besides that, stop complaining about him, he is escapable, vulnerable to pallets stuns and stealth.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

The problem is that Freddy is fairly easy for how much he can do. You definitely made some decent points though.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

When a skilled player is using Freddy he creates a fun and challenging match that requires my full attention as survivor. When they're playing below my level Freddy is like every other killer and has no base designs that make him a threat more than any other killer.

I see all the bad-mouthing as a result of being overly coddled as survivors.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

I think the reason people have more issues with Freddy than someone say nurse is that nurse is hard to play well so if you go against a strong nurse it comes with a feeling of respect for the player.

However Freddy is one of the strongest killers in the game yet he is the easiest to play so even someone who isn't that good at killer can still do well, especially when you add gen perks to him.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Survivors doing things efficiently is not abuse, it's playing the game. Gen-rushing an all that stuff you complain about is nothing but a killer's failure to keep up pressure. What do you expect, for them to just sit around and do nothing?

The reason Freddy garners so much hate is because he's just brute force. Gen teleportation for map pressure, hackneyed and nuanceless loop counters (slowing down survivors is just plain uninspired), and the ability to deny borrowed time is just putting the killer kit on steroids. There's no nuance or particular skill involved. Killers like nurse are grossly powerful, but they require actual skill. Spirit is a tad easier, but she's still a difficult killer. Pig is pretty awful, but she can still get 4ked with a competent player. Plus, they have nuance. They have their niches and now how to make the most of what they get.

Freddy, on the other hand, has an arsenal of tools at his disposal. It feels "cheap," in a way. Plus, he's just boring to play. I used to be a Freddy main, but he became so hackneyed and so banal that he had no satisfaction anymore. 

IE, in words more familiar to you, he's like a key in killer form. I can get what they were trying to do, but they shot it up with steroids. 

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,189

Same as many survivor mechanics. You can win most of the game by simply holding m1 on gens and holding w in chase. And I mean it, you can win most of the game this way. Stack with all second chance perks like DS DH UB you can win 99% of the game already.

Im not saying Freddy doesn’t need some kind of nerf to make him harder to play, but it’s kind of mind boggling when the other side has the same thing but it’s acceptable.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

Freddy literally requires very little skill in order to be good with him, he also has certain things done for him instead of having to do it himself. For someone who also has an over buffed basekit, he still has slowdown add ons for some reason. He's strong enough without needing them, and Otz did a 50 win streak on Freddy since he's so braindead easy to play without using add ons. There's a reason why everyone misses old Freddy, he was unique but struggled chasing survivors since his only power was to put you to sleep and you could break out of it very easily. What the devs should have done was improve old Freddy, and not give us this boring version of Freddy who basically ripped off Clown's shtick but can teleport around the map.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

His addons are actually trash though. They are annoying but not strong

Especially after they were nerfed. Most of his better ones are purple/ultra-rares which is fine because those rarities are meant to actually make a difference.

One of his biggest strengths is being able to camp and tunnel more effectively than most killers because BT is practically a non issue against him.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

Im relatively new to the game. but just came out of a solo queue match where a Rank 4 Freddy hook-camped and tunneled everyone. If he's such a powerful Killer, and has so many interesting advantages, why does someone at a high Rank do such scummy tactics on him?

• Mineguy

Wow you sound like the perfect entitled survivor main lmao

You know this is a game right? You know the thing to do to have fun. Maybe it's a unknown word for you but some people actually play to have fun and not to win. So when I have fun playing Freddy or hag or spirit that's good for me, It's not my job to make the survivor happy by being bullied.

• Boogiekingmyers
    Boogiekingmyers Member Posts: 44

Freddy is like Clown, forces survivors to drop pallets early but once he catches the Survivor guess how many gens have been done? Almost all, his anti loop is trash. His teleport abillity? Takes way too long to load, his slow down addons? It's a measly 14% ish slowdown penalty, basically nothing. He's trash, he doesn't take skill which caps him alot.

• Mineguy

When he is so trash, why are People then complaining? :)

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited March 2021

Yeah it isn't that freddy is too strong he is just too easy to play.

It feels like your losing just because someone bought the dlc not that they actually outplayed you or did anything really special.

If freddy was as strong as he is but took considerable skill to use he wouldn't even have half of the posts complaining about him.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

When you say ‘newer killers’ are you only referring to Trickster and the Twins? Because Pyramid head, whilst lacking mobility, is still decent due to his power in a chase and Blight is arguably top tier. Just watch someone like Ascension play Blight and you’ll see what I mean

• valvarez4
    valvarez4 Member Posts: 868
  • Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,466

Simply holding M1 on gens will not net you a win, how difficult survivor is to play is way too over shadowed compared to killers. They need to have good coordination despite the fact there's no chat to communicate and only some perks to help out (I'm talking about Solo Q only here). Its why most solo q games who has just 1 person who's a weak link/bad teammate ends so quickly, because for survivors to win its a team effort. As much as people give it crap looping also takes a lot of game knowledge that people just refuse to accept. Solo Q survivors deserve more credit, because they go through way more than killers nowadays.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,144

Freddy doesn't really have no built in pressure unless he run the slow down add ons. The best he can do is teleport and fake it.

• katoptris

Run tinkerer,ruin,bbq and pop or any gens perk ez game

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

Pretty much Freddy with gen perks when he can teleport to them is just overkill tbh.

• katoptris
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

because, unlike any other killer, Freddy has literally no weaknesses.

and the only weakness he has, staying awake, literally counters itself by having you fall asleep every 60 seconds / any time he attacks you.

also, his snares are way too good for how easily usable they are, they make escaping pretty much impossible. plus free map pressure with the teleport, plus free stealth, plus free tracking, plus gameslowdown add ons... and we havent even touched perks yet.

sorry, but Freddy really is just the "i am absolutely not good enough for it but i really want to be Rank 1 and 4k a lot" Killer.

especially when he runs slowdown add ons.

and before i get a "salty / entitled survivor main" response back, i am indeed maining killer. and i play both sides at rank 1 consistently. and yes, there are some very good Freddy players - its just that a vast minority of them (overall Freddy players) actually is, while most of the others let themselves get carried by the character they play.

this game has difficulty settings - just like SWF is survivor on easy mode, Freddy is killer on easy mode.

• katoptris

I literally run hex blood favor, brutal strength and fire up with his pallet add ons. It turn out fake pallets get blocked too so it lot more fun to messed with people.