We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

How do you feel about your game being live streamed?

Like the title askes, how do you feel about live streamers streaming the rounds you play in? Do you mind it? Why or why not?

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Depends on what side I'm playing, could be I don't care or I want to make it a short.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

I’m not dodging, I’ll just play some incredibly broken stuff. If they survive good on them. If not too bad, hope I can see some salt in the VOD

• Midievalfantasy
    Midievalfantasy Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2021

I'm 50/50 on it, myself. Part of me hates the idea because - I'll be honest - I'm just not very good at this game yet (I play mostly survivor) and I don't really want to be mocked by a bunch of people. On the other side, I remind myself that it doesn't really matter because I won't ever watch it, so how would I know what they say and why should I care? Saying I'm conflicted is an understatement, which is why I was curious to how other felt felt on the matter.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

One of my first games was streamed.

I noticed the TTV in my team and went to his stream. I was a nervous rank 20 with a laptop that barely reached 30 fps (frequently below that) and missed every skill check. The TTV started complaining, "how can someone miss a skill check in this 2017" or something. I got ashamed and decided to come back after I got better equipment. In fact, I only started playing seriously by 2019 after I purchased a more powerful machine.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    edited March 2021

I don't use twitch or anything other streaming platform so I can't even check. I see too many ttv people for me to care anymore anyways.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

I'll watch it just to see how good or bad I did from the streamer's pov

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

couldn't care less

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284
    edited March 2021

I personally don't mind if I get streamed. If I get trash talked in the vod it's honestly whatever, 90% of it is just heat of the moment and reactionary. It's meant to be for entertainment not to purposefully attack and hurt a person.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

?

you don't need to create an account or download an app... just "twitch.com/" + "whatever their name is"

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I don't mind if someone is streaming so long as it isn't giving an unfair advantage. As for streamers themselves, I might have bad luck with them but most of the ones I run into are salty. If there's a streamer with a flashlight, not doing gens and constantly tea bagging to get my attention. They are always the first ones to quit when they get caught. They fail a mind game, they missed their DS, anything that doesn't go right for them and they rage quit. Then the rest of the survivors get upset at me for not going easy on them. Despite the fact their teammate was the one who wronged them, not I.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Depends on the streamer. Some are nice guys, and I don't mind them. But then you have the trash talkers, and they're kind of annoying.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,305

If I even know someone is streaming I personally like watching the game from their perspective afterwards. It's just kinda cool to see a match I was in from a different perspective, especially if they're survivor/killer and I'm the opposite and I get to see what it's like playing against me.

And for people that take serious issue with being on a stream... shhh, nobody tell them that they've probably been streamed countless times by people that don't have a twitch link in their username 😮

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

If their gameplay is normal, who cares.

If there's a lot of tbags and other "rude" gestures, I'll go full sweat and end them, even if it doesn't personally offend me.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,013
    edited March 2021

I love it tbh, I like watching their VODs to see how I played.

Dude everyone gets tilted every now and then, even I do. It's not easy to control your anger, even if it's just a video game.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405

I usually don't have bad experiences with streamers.

Most of the times they're just minding their own business. I guess 2-3 weeks ago I played with a streamer that even praised my gameplay, but his friend was like "you can't be talking about the Yui, because she gave me her medkit to heal and went to the door instead of helping me" (I had a daily to open the door with Yui, so... dailies first hahaha). But that was the about the worst feedback I personally had.

As killer, the last time I was against a team of streamers, I went agressive on the start and it was too much. They were kind of low level, but I thought at the start it would be just the regular red-purple team, and it was sad because some hits I got didn't registered on his screen and I feel for him... he left game really sad because it happened twice, and when I attacked I was like "I'm not sure this should've hit" and when I saw on his screen I was like, that was so robbed. It's nice to see these point of views and have even more empathy on the other side. If the game is being fun for me and for them...

I made some friends too, some nice people I've been matched against... like, there are some streamers I was matched quite often and I always brought BPS when against them because they always went for fun and I had great games.

But I do know some streamers that just nothing good to say, it's just insults to the counterpart or teammates... that's a pity and I just don't follow then. Don't really care if I go against them, but I wouldn't bother watching their void.

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

I literally start shaking. I just start mentally going into overdrive preparing for the sweat

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited March 2021

I'd probably rage constantly if I played dbd for a living. Especially when you can't switch to another game or you lose most of your viewers.

I'm not gonna pour that much pity on people that earn way more than I can but I wouldn't choose that life, especially living in fear bhvr screw up for good or actually get competition

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Blindninja
    Blindninja Member Posts: 462
  • PotatoPlayer
    PotatoPlayer Member Posts: 102

Reminds me of someone in one of Otz's videos saying it's an honor to die to Otzdarva LOL

Never been with someone who streamed, but I hope they don't mind my utterly trash plays LOL

Though sometimes I like to think I have the craziest panics when I play (as survivor) and would love to stream me screaming weirdly when I get chased, I think I'm entertaining lol

• SilentPill
    edited March 2021

No, but I’ve dumpstered many of the famous DBD streamers; who proceeded to talk mad smack in the VOD. Keep in mind I’ve played the game regularly for over 4 years as killer, I’ve killed a lot of streamers. So it’s not like I’m holding them on a pedestal or anything.

I’m just saying all the people who hold them to a high standard haven’t butchered them in a game and then watched them cry about it and talk smack. There’s plenty of big DBD streamers I refuse to watch even for a second because I don’t want to give them a penny. And it’s good. I BM them anytime I see them. I got a huge on just a few days ago and his chat had a good laugh at his reaction to me smacking him on hook until he died.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185

For the most part, I do not mind going against streamers, and I do not alter my playstyle when versing them. Most streamers are casual players, and I try not to let the ones who play too aggressively bother me. It is also a good learning experience to look back on a streamer's VOD after the match and see how you can improve your gameplay. 

• SilentPill

Oh, I do every day. But it’s not my job, is it? I play this game in my free time.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

From experience most of the streamers I bump into are vain, self-indulgent egotists who think that because they have an audience their opinion is more important than anyone else's. Basically, they're just the average dbd player but given a soapbox and a megaphone. I despise them.

Every so often I find one that doesn't make me want to gargle molten glass. But they're so few and far between. However, regardless of the personality of the person who streams me, I do like seeing the match from someone else's POV if I'm trying out a different build.

• leafninja
    leafninja Member Posts: 123

Wat is a fog whisperer? Keep seeing that on here but never understood wat it meant.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I don't like it much. I have had people call me toxic for packing head on and using DS which I get is heat of the moment stuff, but it still makes me feel bad. I have met some fun TTVs though, but most of my experiences have been less than pleasant. I will never forget when I was waiting to save someone off hook and didn't have BT, and they hovered over my account after dying and said 'oh my gosh it's ALWAYS console players who suck' But more often than not I see what their stream is like before I ready up. If they're rude or seem to expect too much from their team/me, I leave. I don't want to be perceived poorly because of a match is all ;w;

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    UnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313

Nobody watches my play lol

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Most streamers I come across are pretty nice people so I don't mind too often, I'll sometimes try to avoid killing them too early if I can

It's always nice re-watching a killer match I played and seeing it from the other side.

• TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185

A Fog Whisperer is a Behavior endorsed content creator. They get various perks (such as in-game currency and giveaway codes) from Behavior for playing the game. If you'd like to read up on them, here is a link to the program thread: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/49385/fog-whisperers-program-launch

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    edited March 2021

I am not good at the game but the most streamers I found, play as sweaty as they can and I don't like it. They bring the four meta perks, and all the meta items and they believe they're good at the game just for it. Being honest it doesn't take a lot to loop a killer and being "kissiong the wall" it means your circles are reduced compared to the killer ones. I had a match against a huntress and I swear that I was winning distance by looping her, so whether we like it or not, survivors has a small model and smaller colition so even if a killer "kiss the walls" and due to the perspective the camera is in, they will struggle way more.

So no, I don't like it nor feel comfortable. I have many disabilities and people laughing to "that killer who can't hit" is people laughing at my disabilities, for me they're bad people, I am playing a game and trying my best with what the life gave to me, I don't care if I lose but being a (bad word) with me just because you have won it shows you how you're as a person.