Has anybody self Trolled?

Options

I’m sure everybody has trolled a Survivor or Killer, maybe even trolled or accidentally sandbagged a teammate....but have you trolled yourself? Just asking for some stories where you might have done something in DbD to mess yourself up. Could be misunderstanding a perk, misreading a situation or some other dumb mistake that you can only shake your head at.

———

I just came off a break and was trying to learn the Twins. Besides testing them out myself, I also picked up a few tricks from a helpful tips video. They showed me how you could slip Victor under a hook, before you put on a survivor, and have a close proximity trap on the hook.

Great. I’ll try that.

Except, I forgot Victor had collision and I literally body blocked myself from my own hook, using my own Killer power. The survivor naturally slipped off and deservingly pointed and t-bagged me. I was too embarrassed to finish the game, even with a solid beginning, and decidedly turned off my system. 😓

Comments

• hatchking
    hatchking Member Posts: 312
    Options

I tbagged a ghostface on death hook with a mori being the last survivor trying to escape he had me on 99 stalk and I was behind him instead of at the gates he took advantage of that mistake and I'm now on his photo abum

• Micheal
    Micheal Member Posts: 288
    Options

I trolled a ghost face by having a perk that gets me off the hook and brack the hook when I get off it and all act like I'm afk then dead hard in place when he swung. than I just act like am afk again than he hits me and than he picks me than desiseve strike and put fire krackers in his face when he was stunned then I run and get tunnel and face camped while he hits me to death🤣🤣🤣

• Im_Tired
    Im_Tired Member Posts: 101
    Options

I brought both ruin and trail of torment and kept getting confused about why I couldn't kick the gens

🙃

Bonus round: I spawned in the game map in that dead end room with 1 gen. Told myself "this is dumb to do this gen I can just get trapped"

I start the gen anyway. Myers appears in the doorway, blocks it, and just stands there

I realize what he's doing too late and go down when he's T3

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

Trolling myself?

I was flickering my flashlight at a gate before to the tune of a song my friend likes to see if he would notice, did NOT know blight had the UR tag add-on

I still got out with the help of randoms and my friend body blocking but god that was embarrassing

• TrevorLahey93
    TrevorLahey93 Member Posts: 170
    Options

I tbagged at the exit gate forgetting the killer had noed. Needless to say I didnt escape. A story as old as Dbd itself.

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486
    Options

I also once tried using Fredd and his ‘fake’ pallets. Forgot that I was doing that mid-game. Happened to chase a survivor and kept paying respects to my fake pallet that I didn’t want to be smashed with...but the survivor was just faking the throw and mind-gaming me. Eventually, when I built up the courage to take the pallet stun and the Survivor dropped it, the pallet exploded into blood and shocked us both.

I downed him shortly after but he was wiggling aggressively in the ground (I know you were laughing at me >_<)

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

I never trolled someone in game but i did mistakes, i guess we can call it - Self trolling.

When i rescued survivors in the basement, i used myself as a shield to protect that survivor. but they always got a hit anyway.

It was very embarrassing and i think they judged me later. because it looked like body blocking.

I'm not doing this anymore. =(

• Minibeasty
    Minibeasty Member Posts: 59
    Options

Dropping my firecracker by accident at the start of a trial. Blinding myself, probably some teammates and revealing our location to the killer.

It was a very experienced Leatherface we were facing. Needless to say that game did not last very long.

• hatchking
    Options
  • Im_Tired
    Options

Wait he doesn't have collision when stalking?

That makes this worse 🤣

• hatchking
    Options

I believe the reason for this is because unlike billy bubba or plag the instadown can last a really long time/can't be deactivated by survivors and It can turn to an instakill

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

I messed myself over by walking into the corner of shame as Twins against a SWF and I heard breathing so I turned around and they all crounched at my feet pointing at me but I refused to hurt them so I was trapped with survivors asking me to hook them. Not even Victor could escape. I loved them <3

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

Tried to firecracker save Nancy as Clown was carrying her to basement. Blinded myself, ran into a wall, and got pinky fingered :c

• Im_Tired
    Options

Yeah that makes sense

I didn't know that was a thing lol thanks for the info

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486
    Options

Alright, this is my favorite story so far. I needed a laugh, thanks for the reply.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    Options

This one happened yesterday, I think.

The light was shining quite a bit on my screen and I mistook a locker for a window mid chase (I just saw the space button come up and clicked).

Realised my mistake quickly and jumped out. The killer was Legion and he was running Iron Maiden.

Felt pretty dumb... This was the AutoHeaven Wreckers map. Lol

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

I got into a locker to Head-on a Leatherface for laughs and giggles since there was no real reason to stun except to annoy him and missed when he was revving his chainsaw, the risk was calculated but boy Im bad at math...

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I run No Mither and Mettle of Man. At the same time.

Enough said.

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467
    Options

I tried increasing the cam's sensibility from 50-100 before a game thinking it would help me look back faster.

Midwich with a Legion and I can't even leave a classroom without going several times in the opposite direction lol. Ha dto grt into a locker to change it that happened to be next to a totem (running inmortal) so she saw me going in lol. Not my best day. You should have seen how sad that chase was.

I killed a teammate I was trying to save. I sabotaged her, me and the rest of the team. It was so stupid...

The killer got her from the very beginning. Not letting go and she was doing great, she held up but this killer kept going after her and I ran with 0 hooks to take some pressure of this surv. I get to the 4 l-shape bushes in Haddonfield and I'm running trying to figure out where to come in between and BAM, I find her in front of me, I body blocked her and got her downed.

I was so baffled about the whole situation and felt so bad. I wanted to help her out not get her killed T_T

I'm sorry