What makes people DC?

Options

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,000
    Options

They get BP anyway.

If the Killer DC's everyone gets an automatic escape, which is a pretty nice bonus for a short round as a survivor.

If a survivor DC's the killer gets a quitters bonus and a much easier game.

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    Options

Was the quitters bonus 600 BP or more, I can't really remember..?

If there are hacks in play, then I'm near certain that they'd be getting way more than 600 BP out of me if I'd stayed.

I'm talking about the mega obvious kind of hacks, like the ones where the killer teleports to you and insta downs you, your teammates insta heal, speed across the map, get gens done at the speed of light, unbreakable never runs out kind of thing...

Like if it's just a leave no trails, speed boost kind of thing where it's still obvious that they are a hacker, then I'd hang around and get my evidence. But you can bet I'll still be reporting them, hacking just ruins the game for everyone.

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Survivors who farm hooks in front of the killers face with no BT resulting in a straight tunnel and back to the hook..

Oh and Spirit!

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635
    Options

Ofc. The question is not if I could win those. Its more about if I want so play such a match

• HighwayCatalyst
    HighwayCatalyst Member Posts: 364
    Options

My cat, usually.

The computer is warm and nice to sit on, and the power button is on top.

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848
    Options

Maybe they have dinner or, they were raging and they rage quit, I know that little kids are most likely to do this, even when they don't even supposed to play dead by daylight. 🤣

• Crimbojambo
    Crimbojambo Member Posts: 81
    Options

There's a multitude of reasons a player of this game dcs. The most commonly used exscuse is "I que'd knowing full and well I had to be somewhere in less than five minutes." But I've seen folks dodge games for a plethora of reasons of " I don't like [BLANK]". It could be the killer, a map, a specific perk, one of the other survivors, the vibe, the killer, the way their pants are chafing, its not Pyramid Head, it is Pyramid Head, its the Doctor, its a killer they don't like or just because. It has nothing to do with you there will always be a reason, and no matter how many soft bans they get they'll keep doing it.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

Usually when I'm getting slugged for the 4k. Its doesn't usually happen but I just don't have the patience sometimes for the killer to find the survivor urban evading bush to bush.

• gemjas
    gemjas Member Posts: 105
    Options

Yeah, it's only Doc. It's not really painful or anything. Definitely not something to complain about (in my case, at least). The effect is like the visual equivalent to nails on a chalkboard. Most of the time I can bear it, but other times it's just too irritating, especially when I'm getting shocked continuously. Like, I remember one Doc just spammed his power during a chase. Not sure if he was trolling or just getting a feel for the power, but I had to go, lmao.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

Just recently got BBQ on doc so I added him to my rotation of Huntress, Bubba, Freddy, Mike, clown, legion so he gets used every 7 games and I swear it's crazy last night I had back to back games with a D.King who DC'ed in my Doc game and the following with Legion thought it was funny cause they were both Davids and I recently had a solo survivor game where I got teamed up with 3 davids and they were so bad they just sat up in coal tower together hopping in and out of lockers. Freddy with my sweat ropes no dc, Somehow destroyed a team with mike on red forest last night at 4 gens no dc, clown with pinky finger and 2+ bottle add-on no dc, but doc and legion I see it often and I don't even have thana on legion his perks are green still.

• latinfla4
    latinfla4 Member Posts: 2,119
    Options

That is the one map that needs fixing but I fear they do another the game fix and add 30 pallets🤣

• latinfla4
    Options
  • latinfla4
    Options
  • latinfla4
    Options

Seems hackers happen more on PC that is y I turn crossplay off when i play killer

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    edited March 2021
    Options

Eh, no biggie, survivors disconnecting on the first down used to be so common it was just part of the DbD experience. If I remember correctly, I sort of screwed around with the remaining survivors, trying to practice aiming my hatchets (even though I never seem to get better) while they ran around in front of me. I'm sure they realized pretty quickly I couldn't hit the broad side of the barn and wasn't a threat lol.

• latinfla4
    Options
  • latinfla4
    Options

Fun for killer feel bad for survivors they should get a BP bonus or a free gen done

• latinfla4
    Options

I usually crawl to a hook might as well get ready for the next game🤣

• latinfla4
    Options

Maybe a daily challenge or wanted to max his shock points

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
    Options

As killer, if I face speedrunner I don't DC because I'd get no BPs... I just go afk, since there are no penalties for going AFK.

I go AFK, browse some internet and wait until the game it's done.

If they didn't make the game fun for me, I'm not gonna make it fun for them either.

• oh_salutations
    oh_salutations Member Posts: 212
    edited March 2021
    Options

I only D/C sparingly (maybe 4-5 times a year) usually if its something dumb like a huntress hatchet going thru a wall and a nurse that stood 16 meters away blink when I got unhooked put me on a hook then proceed to stand where she did before with still 5 gens left

oh and to answer your question the things that make me D/C are..

when a killer has poor connection making ranged killers hard to play against 

killer acts extremely toxic ( face camping with all gens still left, only going after one person, working with another survivor)

if the survivors are just horrible teammates ( working with killer, farm ,sacrifice others for their own personal gain like sand bagging)

• latinfla4
    Options

Seems like they try and get your attention more in those instances

• latinfla4
    Options

I once had a bug in the swamp was downed a dwight on the ship and they got stuck on the steps down to the killer shack picked him up and we were both stuck for the whole game he couldn't struggle and I couldn't move pass the step he was downed...he DC'ed I still couldnt get out and had to sit there waiting for the game to end

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684
    Options

Lol if the killer just tunneled and camped me for no reasons, no way i offers him a kill. I love do this especially when the guy desperatly tries to get the three killer perks mercyless trophy, hes more salty than me, trust me 🤣

• sad_killer_main
    Options

They can try all they want, but I'm AFK and their game ended the moment I went AFK.

They could consider it a win, or what they want, but as a killer I got complete control over the match.

If the game It's not being fun I can completely shut it down by going AFK and then, the match is over.

When you are the killer, you rule over the match.

• latinfla4
    Options

I do the same when it's a sweaty swf and haven't gotten a kill by the time there are 2 gens left no hooks and I don't have a solid 3 gen strategy left...stare at the corner so they don't get chase points and play on my phone...just hear the clicky click behind me or the pallet drop into vault endlessly🤣

• sad_killer_main
    edited March 2021
    Options

So if you stare at a wall they can't earn points? Good to know, I'll do that from now on.

• latinfla4
    Options

Usually where the exit gates are there is a little corner to the left or right just nudge in that corner with your back to them no killer light means no chase you will see scratch marks around but receive no chase or chase lost messages🤣

• latinfla4
    edited March 2021
    Options

Really tempted to DC but then that is a win for them

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Complete and utter selfishness combined with a bit of inability to accept anything resembling a challenge

• Jyn_Mojito
    Jyn_Mojito Member Posts: 515
    Options

I only DC when I'm rubber banding- like vaulting a pallet, only to wind up at the beginning and get smacked by the Killer. Running while rubber banding also gives me motion sickness, so I will throw in the towel.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328
    Options

Actually people are talking about entitlement and everyone is. If you want to DC then DC, if you want to die on first hook because you've had bad experiences against a certain killer then actually you ARE entitled to do that. Why should anyone sit in a game they know they won't enjoy - I wouldnt even do that at Christmas with my family playing monopoly so why would I with strangers on a random game....

If I'm playing as killer and someone DCs I usually let 1 or 2 people get some points and escape but if I'm playing as a survivor against a forever Freddy type build on soloQ - everytime I think ok let's give this a go it ends up exactly the same- boring, 2-3 gens done at best, 10-12k points for each survivor and a killer who gets 25k+. Sorry but if it's not fun, I'm not staying I'd rather go into another match, spirit or nurse even by far!

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

bs hits/lag.

• ToxicPCPlayers_Sigh
    Options

Not really Dcing but when I see SWF or PC players in the pre game menu I dip. My general experience from PC players is toxicity, (running around slamming every palet on you, constant flashlight stuns, teabagging at exit and after every stun, generally not a fun experience at all, personally feel like toxic things like that should be reportable but I digress. My last full on DC was on my first game with me using the Blight, with some cross platform players, 3 gens done in 2 minutes no thank you.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841
    Options

Freddy.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

Iri head huntress hatchets and 4 man slugs tend to trigger the most dcs. That's the most consistent I have gotten dcs. Apart from that early downs or not wanting to farm. If there claudette's the chance increases dramatically don't know why tbh?

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342
    Options

This is the SINGLE worst part of the game. I dont care about rank one killers, or rank one survivors,,,I care that I got into 9 games last night and at least half of them had someone or multiple players DC right after they got hit or hooked???? They seem to be all console players. Now, I am not singling them out but there just were a lot of them. One match three players did it leaving me alone LOL. It makes me not want to play. So DEVS if you want less players then keep handing out 20 min bans.

• latinfla4
    Options

Reasonable enough some people say that is y they can't play nurse as well

• latinfla4
    Options

That is y I turn off crossplay...much smoother experience

• latinfla4
    Options

As long as u don't let them bleed out that is always annoying 🤣

• latinfla4
    Options
  • sesawyer3127
    Options

Thank you yeah, I just instinctively ran to a gen but the killer hit me, picked me and dropped me off at the hatch so that was cool of them. Which is what I would have done as a killer.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,602
    Options

They're entitled.

• Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516
    Options

I don’t DC as survivor cause survivor is mostly insanely easy for me and I’m rank 8. It’s just the game is so survivor sided. As for Killer I’m tempted to DC but I just give up instead. Had a match just now as Myers where it was a 3 man SWF team all huddled together. They popped three gens before I even reached tier 2. I gave up after that. If you want to leave that badly and not even interact with me at all then by all means, get out of my game. I don’t DC, but I don’t play either when stuff like this happens or I encounter a toxic SWF team

• latinfla4
    Options
  • latinfla4
    Options

So did you just find a corner and chilled? Yeah gens are done way to quickly

• sesawyer3127
    Options

Yeah it is just unfortunate that people feel the need to DC for whatever reason and it makes things that much harder for everyone else. I am still learning the game but I never DC no matter how hard it may seem. I survivor main but wow in the last two days I have seen things like people in corners doing nothing but bagging each other instead of doing something, every other game players quitting, and my favy running right to me while on the hook with the killer in tow LOL.

• Hussein
    Hussein Member Posts: 29
    Options

I usually play survivor and rarely ever DC. Other than internet connection loss, I've only DCed once and that was because my teammates screwed me over. I was on a gen, clown chased me and downed me. He then put me in the basement. I was left on the hook almost the entire time, where I was about to die on the second phase. When they finally unhooked me, clown was right behind them. I managed to just get outside the killer shack, but then the clown downed me again. I went underneath a pallet, then my teammate dropped the pallet on me and ran away. Clown was about to put me on death hook and so I DCed. I would've only gotten 3-4k BP anyway, so I'd rather DC than give the clown BP for hooking me.

But generally it is annoying when people DC just because they dislike a map or killer, because then it puts more pressure on the rest of the survivors. Once someone DCs, it's very rare that we are able to escape.

• SpiritedSalsa
    SpiritedSalsa Member Posts: 95
    Options

I haven't had the game too long, but recently I've seen a few situations where I'm not sure if there's an internet issue causing a player to DC, or if it was intentional. I really wanted to help this Ace who was on his first hook. There was enough clear ground and the Killer was on a different part of the map, so no camping or proxying. The Ace in less than a second obliterated himself on the hook when I was so close to getting the save. He was new, so I wanted to heal him and then we could work on a gen. Another time recently, a fellow Survivor DC'd after being downed. I'd been downed too, but got saved, etc. A trolling situation happened where all 3 Survivors abandoned me and me and a Wraith just farmed points. (He downed me, got hits on me, let me wiggle out, then let me do a gen and finally gave me hatch). The DC's on purpose aren't my favoriite. If someone I see DC's after a down, I almost wish I could tell them that they have a chance of either getting healed if the killer is distracted, or getting saved from the hook before they enter the 2nd phase. I've even had times where I just wanted to DC, but I'm taking each loss as a learning curve and changing around my perks and enjoying the wins. Both losses and wins for me matter. The DC seems to be out of frustration that they weren't given a chance, at least in the games I've been in where I've seen it. Even killers have done it. I understand both sides. Again, there's definitely many reasons why someone does it and some even accidental. It happens more in Solo.