The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why is it so difficult to get professional developer answers

2»

Comments

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089

The reward is minuscule what 900 bp where just hitting a survivor is 300 so I dont get why people are acting like is a big bonus considering a hook is 1k

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

There isnt a clear goal to the game actually. That's something BHVR has mentioned time and time again that wins and losses are subjective and they want players to have freedom to decide their win or loss. Slugging all 4 survivors could be this players definition of winning.

Now as a side point I think this is not good to do and I hate the idea of subjectivity in this but it is what it is

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

The fact that the OP took a ban for this makes me not care at all what happened to be quite honest. I can tell you that I know for a FACT that the game will not ban you if you are a rare rage-quitter. So frankly I don't give a rip if the guy was T-bagging corpses, camping hooks or anything. The OP quits enough to get banned. People like that are exactly the reason I don't play survivor. Ergo, the OP will have nothing but my disdain.

Let's assume the killer was indeed trolling. Congradulations, by disconnecting you just fed his ego and encouraged them to do it again.

Just eat the 4 minutes and move on. Don't be a punk and leave.

• Yumyumtasty
    Yumyumtasty Member Posts: 172

Camping a lane is a strategy, leaving everybody on the ground to die is not. The equivalent would be keeping the enemy team in the game by not destroying towers and inhibs and letting minions finish the whole game while you farm them under their towers and people have been banned for less when a rioter was in the game.

• Yumyumtasty

I love how you defend ######### toxic behaviour just because it's "not bannable".

I had people hold me hostage in league for an hour because they wanted to "punish" me, I just turned on my macro and let my character run down lane every 3 minutes with auto-attack on.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,816

Different people are upset by different things, so, if a four-man slug makes you so upset you want to DC, I'm not going to tell you you're wrong. But the bargain you make when you do that is taking the penalty. You're basically saying, "I hate this so much that I'm willing to eat the penalty to get away from it." There's nothing wrong with doing that, but the penalty needs to exist to discourage people from doing it lightly.

• Yumyumtasty

Again you're counting legit normal gameplay Strategy in your weak arguments. Name me one situation where you'd let all 4 survivors bleed out simultaneously, and I'm not talking 1 guy being chased for 5 minutes I'm saying 4 ppl are down within the first 2 minutes of the match while the killer hooks nobody. You can't.

And I named a situation. You just wont accept it, most TOS have rules against griefplay, them not being enforced on every case is a different story.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,128

I think it's already been mentioned, but I too will point out that the killer gets more points for a survivor DCing than they do for a survivor bleeding out.

On a related note, I had a hell of a time doing that challenge to pick two survivors up during a match. The moment I made that challenge active, I couldn't get a slugging killer to save my life. Absolutely maddening. (I did finally get it, but it took a lot of matches.)

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
  • NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

no one like being slugged but it part of the game like a lot of thing on both sides.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

4 minute ban, you've gotta be leaving a lot of matches to get that... Yet you want to blame the killer for taking advantage of bad teamwork? You keep talking about what he did after slugging 4 Survivors, what I want to know is how he got you all down. How did this killer you claim to be horrible managed to put 4 Survivors in the dying state without one of you picking up your buddy? Were you all clumped together trying to body block? Did all 4 of you decide to work on the same gen in the middle of the map? Real easy to blame the killer for taking advantage of the terrible situation you put yourself in.

• chadbeastofprey
    chadbeastofprey Member Posts: 437

if the killer wasn't hooking any of the survivors that's holding the game hostage and is reportable, op. just so u know for the future.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,190

I mean, survivor queue is usually longer than 4 mins....

surely you can manage.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

It's been months since I've been in a match like that so it's not all the time. Either bring unbreakable or just recover and sit on your phone till you get picked up or die on the floor. These matches are rare so there's no need to be bothered by it. Just accept that it is what it is and move onto the next match.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    edited March 2021

OPs 4 minute ban comment went over a lot of y'all's heads. The bleedout timer is 4 minutes, a DC ban is 5. They are saying the bleedout time is the unskippable "ban." I swear reading comprehension and context clues these days are ######### atrocious.

• chadbeastofprey
    chadbeastofprey Member Posts: 437

It’s not wrong, devs have literally said themselves it’s holding the game hostage.

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,442

It's not holding the game hostage.

Please provide a source for your claim that a developer has said it is.

• BSVben
    BSVben Member Posts: 256

The only way to hold the game hostage is when you prevent the game from from coming to a conclusion.

Survivors refusing to do gens, and hiding around the map for 20 minutes is holding the game hostage.

A killer bodyblocking the last survivor in a corner before the egc is holding the game hostage.

Slugging 4 survivors and letting them all bleed out is a dick move, but not holding the game hostage.

See the difference?

Check your facts before putting out statements like that on the forum. 👍

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593

One DC equals One 5 min ban maybe don't comment on something you don't know anything about

• DecisiveDwight

Dunno where you are but here in the UK I find that morning from 8-5 are basically instant matches for us

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486
    edited March 2021

I have already seen that however it's so unclear it says slugging is non reportable except this wasn't slugging this was mass slugging. Any other game has clear rules that if you do these things you're gone but not dead by daylight the rules are too flexible they need to update their rules otherwise too many toxic people will get away with this kind of thing.

It is clear. You got your answer. Slugging is not bannable. Otherwise you'd have to make hooking Survivors bannable, and that is ridiculous.

Slugging is doing the Killer's objective. Their goal is to kill (hence the name) the Survivors by any means necessary, whether that is by Sacrificing them, leaving them to bleed out on the floor or executing them with a Mori.

And to conclude this rant I say devs if by some miracle you read this fix your damn game before another company launches one of the same kind because there's will most likely be better and your game will die.

I don't think they need to worry, considering I can think of at least four other games of the same genre that have released and have died since DBD released.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707

Slugging is not reportable.

that’s a clear and not flexible rule.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited March 2021

I dont think it makes any difference if they slug 1 person or slug all 4 and just watch them. It sucks, but its not breaking any rules.

Though, you might be able to report them if it's like targeted behavior. Like they constantly queue into you and slug you out, but proving that might take more trouble than its worth.

• DecisiveDwight

Cool so I'm gonna go slug a bunch of survivors until death we'll see what everyone thinks to the rules then yea

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Slugging, camping and tunneling are NOT bannable.

You cannot report people for it.

The only person who broke a rule was you, via DC'ing.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

Go for it. It's just as reportable as hooking Survivors and repairing Generators.

i.e not at all.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I'll make myself a sandwich while you stay in the trial to make sure nobody has Unbreakable and gets away. Easy.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,707
    edited March 2021

Yeah you are free to do so.

of course there will be survs that don’t like it - just like you. But there is also counterplay to it: Unbreakable, Soul Guard, No Mither, WGLF to name a few.

also if you are basing this on end game chat complaining then hooking, teabagging, SWF, flashlights, Moris, keys should all be bannable as well.

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    UnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313

4 min is not very long time. If ur teammate left u on hook for 2 min will u report your teammate? It's just doing the hook but twice. Btw if survivors don't always run small pp build the killer won't have to camp your slug

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

Even if it's slugging from the beginning and/or multiple survivors being slugged, it's not a bannable offense as the game eventually ends. If the killer were to hook everyone within, let's say 2 minutes and then those survivors keep struggling till the end, the survivors aren't also holding the game hostage by doing so.

A unfun experience does not equal rules being broken automatically. Many people don't enjoy being camped, but it's not breaking the rules, etc.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

So is crouching at the gate until the killer kicks you out or the timer almost runs out. Survivors do this literally every game to rub it in and piss the killer off.

• PotatoPlayer
    PotatoPlayer Member Posts: 102

In America, whether I play with friends across NA in teams of various sizes or by myself, at night time it's about 5mins+ or more for survivor queue. (idk about killers, probably instant)

We play with a survivor friend in Asia whose queues go much faster, 2mins or so.

I'd be sad if I bled out for 4mins. I haven't played a game where I felt for sure like I could AFK, since I'm usually picked up and not slugged for the whole time. At least when I queue, I can tab out knowing I'm not in a game and my chances to find a game wouldn't change.

This discussion has been closed.