DS is fine as long as

Only one person has it. The only really easy change to ds would be that only one person can use it. Everyone who takes DS has to take a 5th perk. The survivors who isn't the obsession (random) will get it replaced with the 5th perk chosen in zhe lobby.
As killer, the non obsession DS user is hurting more then the obsession DS. 
Honestly, this would be the easiest and laziest way to balance it and I'm pretty sure that even survivor mains will be okay with that

Comments

• AnotherRandy
    AnotherRandy Member Posts: 274
    Orion said:

Could we get the same change for Hex perks?

What do you exactly mean?
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@AnotherRandy said:

5 perk slots so that when the Hex perk is gone, it gets replaced with something different.

• AnotherRandy
    edited October 2018
    Orion said:

@AnotherRandy said:

5 perk slots so that when the Hex perk is gone, it gets replaced with something different.

Yeah but what about someone who takes all 4 perk slots as hex ?
    But the idea is good, hex totems get destroyed way to fast and by replacing them it doesn't hurt as much as now.

However, what is ur opinion about my DS nerf idea? 
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Orion said:

@AnotherRandy said:

But the idea is good, hex totems get destroyed way to fast and by replacing them it doesn't hurt as much as now.
    Spawn six totems instead of five? 🤷‍♀️
  • Orion

@AnotherRandy said:

First one to get destroyed is replaced.
    I think your fifth perk slot idea is bad, if the perk is to stay as it is. It's so powerful (prolongs a chase by 50%) that it needs an equally powerful drawback. Just making it so non-obsessions don't get anything from it is enough.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

or, if multiple ppl use it, all non obsessions will have a useless perk.
    that way its a high risk - high reward perk, like its supposed to be.
    i mean, us killers dont get any extra perks for an destroyed totem, so why should you survivors get a 5th one? i mean, this useless perk slot thing is nothing new for the game, at least for killers. we all know that feeling when we are playing the game with only 3 perks and the 4th one (noed) is supposed to have an effect in the end game, but hey! all totems cleansed -> we played a whole round with only 3 perks.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Mister_xD said:

i mean, us killers dont get any extra perks for an destroyed totem, so why should you survivors get a 5th one? i mean, this useless perk slot thing is nothing new for the game, at least for killers. we all know that feeling when we are playing the game with only 3 perks and the 4th one (noed) is supposed to have an effect in the end game, but hey! all totems cleansed -> we played a whole round with only 3 perks.

Having survivors spend time cleansing every totem is enough. It's better than Ruin in most cases.
  • AnotherRandy
    Orion said:

@AnotherRandy said:

First one to get destroyed is replaced.
    I think your fifth perk slot idea is bad, if the perk is to stay as it is. It's so powerful (prolongs a chase by 50%) that it needs an equally powerful drawback. Just making it so non-obsessions don't get anything from it is enough.

This would just hurt solos again, since they can't organize their perks with each other. SWFs will just outrun it by planning who takes DS. U need to think about solo survivors mate
  • Orion

@AnotherRandy said:
    This would just hurt solos again, since they can't organize their perks with each other. SWFs will just outrun it by planning who takes DS. U need to think about solo survivors mate

Pre-game chat. Use it.

• AnotherRandy
    Mister_xD said:

Dude, this only hurting solos, those people who already have a harder time then swfs. My change would address the solos aswell. Think about it 
  • DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@AnotherRandy said:
    Only one person has it. The only really easy change to ds would be that only one person can use it. Everyone who takes DS has to take a 5th perk. The survivors who isn't the obsession (random) will get it replaced with the 5th perk chosen in zhe lobby.
    As killer, the non obsession DS user is hurting more then the obsession DS. 
    Honestly, this would be the easiest and laziest way to balance it and I'm pretty sure that even survivor mains will be okay with that

The fact that you have to do those mental gymnastics and create additioanl HUD overhead shows how broken the perk really is.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

DS is not fine at all.
    You can loop for minutes and then ######### the killer over because you have a perk.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@Orion said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Pre-game chat. Use it.

Except killers dodge if lobbies take too long because they're worried of a last second switch, but yea - just have everybody not ready up and chat about perks, that'll fix it!

• AnotherRandy
    mcNuggets said:

DS is not fine at all.
    You can loop for minutes and then [BAD WORD] the killer over because you have a perk.

That's why only the obsession shoukd have ds and as killer u have the choice of going for the DS guy or not. At current state, even if u ignore the DS guy, u get suprised DS from non obsession survivors. That's the only problem of ds
  • AnotherRandy

@Orion said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Pre-game chat. Use it.

So u really want to make it for solos harder, just for the sake of beeing against survivors or what? That's trashtalk tho, not everyone is typing in chat, and not every one speaks English. But yeah, ur change would be just one more reason to leave solo beside and queue up as swf. Thank you.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    The_Fallen_Utopia Member Posts: 441

@Orion said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Pre-game chat. Use it.

So u really want to make it for solos harder, just for the sake of beeing against survivors or what? That's trashtalk tho, not everyone is typing in chat, and not every one speaks English. But yeah, ur change would be just one more reason to leave solo beside and queue up as swf. Thank you.

More like less reason to rely on a crutch perk every match.. 
  • AnotherRandy

@SenzuDuck said:

@Orion said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Pre-game chat. Use it.

Except killers dodge if lobbies take too long because they're worried of a last second switch, but yea - just have everybody not ready up and chat about perks, that'll fix it!

Yeah this aswell, absolutely no sense. The goal is balance survivors without hurting solos more then swf, if that's not done, it keeps to be unbalanced af.

• Orion

@AnotherRandy said:

@Orion said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Pre-game chat. Use it.

No, I want Survivors to use the pre-game chat for something other than whining or telling others to "ready/shut the ######### up". It's a problem if they don't speak your language, though.

• AnotherRandy

@SenzuDuck said:
    Yawn

More killers thinking that hexes should only be positives, if you don't like losing perks, don't use them.

More "but my totem" yes, it's risk vs reward. Hopefully they make hexes more viable by making totems more stealthier, but stop trying to make hexes into reward + reward.

Yeah, I don't know why it takes so long for the devs to work on the places for totems. Whatever, doesn't really have to do with DS, dunno why people bring this up here

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

I think only the obsession should be high-rewarded

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

There's no need to make this so complicated. For DS, only the Obsession gets the drop (like it is currently), everyone else gets a 1.0/1.5/2.0 second stun without a drop. Problem solved.

• AnotherRandy

@Justicar said:
    There's no need to make this so complicated. For DS, only the Obsession gets the drop (like it is currently), everyone else gets a 1.0/1.5/2.0 second stun without a drop. Problem solved.

Again, this would hurt only solos, cuz ds without obsession is useless in this change. SWFs will just coordinate that one person has ds.
    Guys seriously, are you all so blinded and can't understand that changes has to balance solo and swf equal?

• AnotherRandy

@Orion said:

@AnotherRandy said:

@Orion said:

@AnotherRandy said:

Pre-game chat. Use it.

No, I want Survivors to use the pre-game chat for something other than whining or telling others to "ready/shut the [BAD WORD] up". It's a problem if they don't speak your language, though.

So stupid of you. Sometimes it takes so long till the lobby fills in. So do I have to wait like freak I'm the lobby to type and clear up things if the lobby is filled? No sorry, I just chill on youtube till the round starts, ur not efficient with ur time lol

• AnotherRandy

@Tsulan said:
    Can we just turn hex perks into normal perks, please?
    They are not really that strong.

Besides third seal and d hope I can agree, ruin for example shouldnt be a hex perk

• Orion

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    Not sure why someone called the truth bothers talking about a subject like this still. 

In my experience, those with names like "The Truth" are never interested in truth. It's all about appearances.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    Orion said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    Not sure why someone called the truth bothers talking about a subject like this still. 

In my experience, those with names like "The Truth" are never interested in truth. It's all about appearances.

That's true. I've noticed people with similar names on different sites who don't actually like accepting the truth.. i don't get it really. Is it some poor attempt to hide what they are really interested in? Because it doesn't work. 
  • Orion

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    That's true. I've noticed people with similar names on different sites who don't actually like accepting the truth.. i don't get it really. Is it some poor attempt to hide what they are really interested in? Because it doesn't work. 

It's all about fooling themselves, and hoping others are fooled as well, similarly to government proposals - most people do judge a book by its cover (or in this case, its name), unfortunately.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    Orion said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

It's all about fooling themselves, and hoping others are fooled as well, similarly to government proposals - most people do judge a book by its cover (or in this case, its name), unfortunately.

In my opinion more people need to judge things based on facts and evidence to back up points rather then just looking at something and claiming it's good or bad without looking into it at all. 
  • Orion

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:
    In my opinion more people need to judge things based on facts and evidence to back up points rather then just looking at something and claiming it's good or bad without looking into it at all. 

That is the right way to do it, but it requires work. People are naturally intellectually lazy - our brains evolved that way.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    Orion said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

That is the right way to do it, but it requires work. People are naturally intellectually lazy - our brains evolved that way.

Well I think the only ones worth listening to are the ones who are willing to put in the effort to find out the facts about something. I wonder if the truth is such a new player that he thinks Freddy is op. If so that's enough evidence for me to ignore their opinions. 
  • The_Fallen_Utopia
    Tsulan said:
    Orion said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

Well I think the only ones worth listening to are the ones who are willing to put in the effort to find out the facts about something. I wonder if the truth is such a new player that he thinks Freddy is op. If so that's enough evidence for me to ignore their opinions. 
    A month ago survivors tried to make it look like Freddy was balanced, by opening several threads about how good he is on rank 1.
    It almost looked like they fear facing other killers than the nurse on high ranks. 
    Freddy? Balenced? Those words should not go together right now. Those same people probably called Wraith op before his buffs.. Nurse is really the only balenced killer for the highest level of play right now. 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Tsulan said:
    Orion said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

A month ago survivors tried to make it look like Freddy was balanced, by opening several threads about how good he is on rank 1.
    It almost looked like they fear facing other killers than the nurse on high ranks. 
    Freddy? Balenced? Those words should not go together right now. Those same people probably called Wraith op before his buffs.. Nurse is really the only balenced killer for the highest level of play right now. 
    They don't like Freddy. Don't know why they are against a complete overhaul. 
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Orion said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

Maybe the kid smoked to much or has poor role models.

• The_Fallen_Utopia
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    Orion said:

@The_Fallen_Utopia said:

They don't like Freddy. Don't know why they are against a complete overhaul. 
    Then we'll wait for a barrage of Freddy op threads.. oh wait we already have those! lol some survivors are pathetic no offence to them. 
  • mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

@Thetruth said:

@mcNuggets said:
    DS is not fine at all.
    You can loop for minutes and then [BAD WORD] the killer over because you have a perk.

DS is fine if your getting owned like that you should give up and find a new target

Why should a KILLER find a new target, because a survivor owns a perk?

Pathetic arguments, you are just some salty survivor main complaining about balancing the game to be playable as killer player because your ego wouln't accept that your bad.

• GrannyonAcid
    GrannyonAcid Member Posts: 476

@Dudddd said:
    mcNuggets said:

@Thetruth said:

@mcNuggets said:

DS is not fine at all.

DS is fine if your getting owned like that you should give up and find a new target

Why should a KILLER find a new target, because a survivor owns a perk?

Pathetic arguments, you are just some salty survivor main complaining about balancing the game to be playable as killer player because your ego wouln't accept that your bad.

Why should a survivor get eliminated quickly because a killer brought an offering? 

I don't think that anyone enjoys using mori's. I have been saying from the beginning that items should just be taken out of the game. Add-ons for killers and most of the survivor stuff. Well probably just flashlights. Or at least make it so you can't flashlight right after a player is picking someone up. Because people at high ranks abuse the ######### out of that one. Medkits kinda got to stay so you don't have to run self-care. But stuff like instant heals, mori's, instant dying state add-ons that killers have. All should just be taken out of the game.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    I think just make it to where only one uses it. Obsession only perk. If someone has it and not obsession sucks for them. Then whey would just have another perk. This perk should be more high risk than just "oh you don't get to use it here have a different perk" but like @Orion said. What about when my ruin is cleansed before I can even get to it? Not a bad ds nerf idea but I wouldn't say it is a good one either 
  • AnotherRandy

@xxaggieboyxx said:
    I think just make it to where only one uses it. Obsession only perk. If someone has it and not obsession sucks for them. Then whey would just have another perk. This perk should be more high risk than just "oh you don't get to use it here have a different perk" but like @Orion said. What about when my ruin is cleansed before I can even get to it? Not a bad ds nerf idea but I wouldn't say it is a good one either 

This will just hurt solo survivors, swfs will just at coordinate who will take the DS and everyone else won't waste it. Think a minute before u type man

• Blood_Coil_Viper
    Blood_Coil_Viper Member Posts: 199

@xxaggieboyxx said:

This will just hurt solo survivors, swfs will just at coordinate who will take the DS and everyone else won't waste it. Think a minute before u type man

Alot of people agree just having 1 DS is fine but having 4 of them is broken so no.. this change would fix the issue as SWF could no longer run 4 of them. And it becomes a risk to use in solo.