So not even Freddy can stop the deadly gen rush

I was tired of getting gen rushed by the classic speedrunners, so I decided to play some Freddy.

Guess what, I got paired with a 4 man death squad and not even Freddy can stop that. They were doing literally what they wanted the whole game, and I had 0 chance to do anything.

I'm starting to remember why I uninstalled the game months ago.

Comments

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

You just have to understand that when your against one of those 4 man squads who are rushing out the gens you aren't suppose to win. People who main killer with thousands of hours struggle to these guys and lose to them often so the average Joe gamer just has to accept it. You can either try your best and use it as practice or accept defeat and meme around or wait for the gens to get done. It's sad but it's just a part of the game that every now and again you're going to have these kind of matches.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

And that's why I love to play killer, If I played survivor with friends my games would turn peaceful mode :P

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,838

I mean yeah generally it doesn’t matter what killer you play if you aren’t good you’ll still suck.

• sad_killer_main

Playing against a 4 man death squad and losing simply isn't related with a person "sucking" or "not sucking" at the game. You have played killer little if you do not understand the concept.

• CanWeGetANewMap
    CanWeGetANewMap Member Posts: 74

Get a grip, first of all. You did not do a good job of pressuring gens and I can tell you that because I play against 4 mans swf's all the time with demo and do fine. Secondly, Its sad how you just hopped on Freddy to try and stop gens. if stopping gens is your biggest problem with the game, either change your build, or pressure gens better. Third, I know you dont get gen rushed all the time because its actually very rare to get actually 'gen rushed" and you have to accept the fact that your gen pressure sucks

• KlapzCheeks
    KlapzCheeks Member Posts: 171

Thats IF the survivors make a mistake, otherwise the 4 man gen rush squads will never lose.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,196

Let's set the record straight-- There is no killer on the roster that will win against a good 4-man, with consistency.

If you get 5,000-hour survivors and let them equip whatever perks they wanted, and have them go against a 5,000-hour killer that also knew how to play well, survivors will win most games.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Survivors can beat any killer based on objective speed, whether or not they have the skill is the altering factor.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

Frederick was top tier due to the tinkerer/ruin/undying combo. Now that that is nerfed, he’s not nearly as strong. Unfortunately the devs can’t understand that fact and will nerf him when he really doesn’t need it. He is a jack of all trades, master of none but really maximized that combo due to his kit.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,090

No, sometimes you're gonna lose, and that is decided the moment you queued up with a certain team. No amount of food plays is gonna change that, you're literally hoping the survivors make a mistake, and if they don't you lose.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,472

Freddy is good against casuals, for real survivor teams you need real skill backed strong killers, one trick ponies isn't enough to counterbalance

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Freddy's kill rate is 75%. If you don't kill at least 3 survivors in the average game you are in the minority. I just don't think you are playing Freddy good enough because the average killer can do it.

• sad_killer_main
  • ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

How many kills did you get (If any)?

Also what perks were you using if you don't mind my asking?

I'll assume you used slowdown add-ons as that's what Freddy is known for and has great ones.

Just trying to get a better idea of things here

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

You played wrong if you couldn't do anything AS Freddy.

Killer mains complain too easily when they probably made like 50 mistakes in a ''gen rush'' game.

-Killer main btw, before you hit me with that ''omg toxic survivor main'' criticism

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

Totally agree with Zaytex and others. Really 'gen rushing' is almost a non concept. That's the main objective of survivors, if they're playing efficient they're gen rushing. It'd be like survivors complaining about killers getting a down and hook in 30 seconds of the game start and saying it's 'kill rushing'. Obviously both sides are going to do whatever their main objective is- what else are u both supposed to do? Stand there doing nothing?

Pressure the survivors off the gens and run regression perks, change targets if someone's good at looping or at a good area, hit and run with sloppy butcher if you think the chase will last too long!

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

Just to follow up on this, ''gen rushing'' is something that is akin to survivors letting teammates die so they can complete gens ASAP. If you don't have any pressure on the survivors and they get gens in 3-4 minutes, that's not gen rushing, you just played bad.

But most killer mains don't see this, they'll chase one guy for 2-3 minutes and then cry ''gen rush''.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109
    edited April 2021

yeah I was playing freddy with gen slow down perks.

4 gens done in 4 minutes.

Wtf

I just disconnected I'm not dealing with that I couldn't even get 1 ######### hook.

I don't see killers staying with this game any time soon

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

oh and to make this worse they nerfing freddy too.

he can't ######### compete with SWF

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

time for the immortal McQuotes: "git gud"

• CheyeneKL
    CheyeneKL Member Posts: 723

The stats that put Freddy as "wow this guy is REALLY over performing compared to what we want/how other killers are performing" were actually released BEFORE R/U/T was a thing, IIRC, but I agree that he was top tier while that was an unnerfed perk combination in the game.

Freddy is due for a nerf just thanks to how brainless he is. I don't heavily mind him as a survivor because even with his powers, he is pretty basic, and I'd rather go against a good Freddy than a good Spirit or good Nurse anyday, but it's amazing how he plays basically the same at any skill level. I honestly don't think he needs much of a nerf, but I'd love if they made it so that he didn't have absolutely FREE hook camping against BT (one smack and you just farmed your teammate!) and perhaps made it so that he had to get that first hit/manually pull the survivors into the dream world for their falling asleep, rather than it being automatic from the get-go.