The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Purchase Pig or Freddie or save my money

CyperX
CyperX Member Posts: 103

Help me choose please, thanks. I play killer here and there but for when I do play , I want to make a good killer to vs the sweats. My current main is doc, bubba and hag. Am I wasting my $$ ?

Comments

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Freddy is statistically the best killer in the game. He literally has a 75% kill rate at red ranks. The average Freddy gets 3 kills every game. If you want to do as good as possible pick Freddy, he's kind of busted.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

If your looking specifically for a killer to perform against teams then choose Freddy, he can teleport to gens, has a passive slow down, and can place snares that slow survivors, most find him incredibly boring to play as and against but he'll win you games, his perks are bleh you'll never use them unless your running a meme build but you can get some fun out of them occasionally.

Pig on the other hand is much weaker, she has some slowdown with her traps and can choose to be stealthy if you wish, her dash isn't incredible but you can get some use out of it, her perks are much better and you'll use them more commonly but overall a much better choice if your looking to have some fun.

It really depends on what your looking for, fun or performance, while I like them both as designs they're both very underwhelming killers in terms of the fun you can have with them imo. If their are other killers you haven't gotten I would recommend considering them as well before biting on one of these two.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Freddy is really, really good, but SO UNBEARABLY BORING. I mean, he has his charm the first matches, but after a while he just gets too repetitive. He puts you to sleep and gives the survivors nightmares.

I personally don't enjoy pig but I have heard people can get decent results with her.

It's really up to you

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited March 2021

I mean, if you want a rage switch killer Freddy can fill that role.

I personally LOVE Pig, but there are moments where you're really reminded you're playing Pig. People throwing down pallets at dashable loops so you just turn into an m1 killer. Spine chill's 36 m out ranging your 32 m whispers , so you'll backwards crabwalk but a timid survivor will be well on their way while you're still approaching at 90% ms. or people instantly uninviting themselves from your party first try. But having them all happen in one game is rare from my experience.

She's a generalist, she's got a lot of tools, but you will have to work for your meal.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014
    edited March 2021

Are you planning on buying DLC or the killer individually? If DLC, I'd say Pig (SAW Chapter) because all of Tapp's perks are good (Stake Out may be the weakest but it's my favorite). If individually w/ auric cells, I'd say Freddy. Freddy is fun for the first week of playing as him, while Pig is fun for a slightly longer time. Oh and she has wayyy better perks (aside from Hangman's Trick, that perk makes me want to hang myself). If you want to win, however, then Freddy is better.

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    UnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313

Huntress, deathslinger, nurse, Spirit

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589

Freddie if you want to be “hardcore 4K” tough

Piggy if you want to have fun

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289

I would go with Freddy, he is such a fun killer to play as :) I think you would enjoy him.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

If you just care about sweats and winning at all cost, Freddy. Be warned that he is currently in the dev's crosshairs to be nerfed in the future.

• Dizzy1096
    Dizzy1096 Member Posts: 918

Waste of money on both accounts. Pig is weak and when you vs the sweats you’re setting yourself up for a stressful game.

Freddy is about to receive a huge nerf so I’d wait and see how that turns out before you buy him.

• IWasLeft2Die
    IWasLeft2Die Member Posts: 2,405

Our of the 2 I like freddy more. He is very good right now which may change but he is still interesting and good. He has some pretty interesting perks as well, especially blood warden. Remember me was good ages ago but now isn't. Fire up can be good as well.

Pig is too rng for me and the fact her traps are useless after last gen (you shouldn't place any more that is). Her perks are okay

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Both are you crazy. S tier killers to me. They are my top 2 if I need a pick-me-up. You should buy all killers though.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Pig is okay, but some perks and playstyles are mandatory to make her work. Granted, I'd say tunneling at least one survivor to death early is the best way to go at reds without high mobility/instant downs.

Unlike Pig, Freddie has instant returns from his power.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692

He has some fun memey builds.

I like running Brutal/Bamboozle/Fire Up/Pop with Fake Pallets.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Ahh that's where I made the mistake thanks. I ran fake pallets once and the survivors messaged me and thanked me lol. They were so happy they abused the crap out of me on cow tree I ran my normal build not even thinking about it truthfully. I have Bamboozle on him to could not stop a loop at all and I missed my snares so bad. One kill with Fred was so embarrassing never ran them again but now that I'm enlightened that I had my head up arse I'll give it a go again. Thanks

• RyRapsYT
    RyRapsYT Member Posts: 299

I play survivor mostly but sometimes play the killer. In my experience, Freddy is amazing, perhaps the best killer in the game. But he's boring, I run ghost face a lot because he isn't the best but he's fun

• reeves7
    reeves7 Member Posts: 306

all the money only dlcs except freddy and bubba are weak,and freddy will get nerfed very soon. Id say wait after the freddy nerf to decide

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,481

Neither, get good boy Demo