Why with the Matchmaking????

Why do the tone deaf developers of this game try to keep implementing a system in their game that just DOES NOT WORK????? Played multiple games today that matched me (based on "skill") with 2 green ranks as my teammates for a round against a purple rank Oni. Time can take you from one color to another but a red to purple rank survivor typically knows the intricacies of this game more than a green rank. It just comes with the territory. Needless to say the lower rank teammates were about as useful as a fart in the wind during a hurricane.

Regardless of if everything I'm saying was horseshit anyways let's ask a big question. How does the system quantify skill? Does looping a killer mean you are better at the game? So people who do gens aren't as highly rated in skill as someone who uses 8 pallets in one chase? So then on that logic do the people who then try to run the killer with 0 pallets left make them bad? I don't get how you can make a system that rates players based on skill because there are too many variables. Too many things that affect the outcome of a match. The pip system barely functions because of the numerical values in the game, but we all know that the requirements for ranking up should be more stringent as right now there are a lot of boosted people out there.

I hope this made sense. I know nothing will get done about it, and it'll just be another unasked development that the team at BHVR focuses on and wastes energy instead of fixing the hundreds of ongoing bugs and or balance changes that could better the game instead of frustrating long time players such as myself. I love this game, but damn it if I don't hate how misdirected the devs energy is

Comments

• chadbeastofprey
    chadbeastofprey Member Posts: 437

sbmm has killed so many games it literally makes no sense to have it in dead by daylight. i don't understand what they are thinking.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

The reason is for all the ######### smurfs that destroy the experience for newer players. I am always hopeful they get weeded out and have to play real competition .

As for how they make the decision on what qualifies as skill in a game like this. That I don't know.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited March 2021

How many matches have you played since it went active?

It might take like a dozen games before it has enough information to start working properly perhaps.

• UnentitledBunnyMan
    UnentitledBunnyMan Member Posts: 313
    edited March 2021

Just matched against rank 20, rank 16, rank 9 pc players and 1 rank 7 console survivors as a rank 4 killer and I destroyed them. I don't think match making is working better than yesterday

• Sir_WAFFLZ
    Sir_WAFFLZ Member Posts: 45

So I have to play a dozen games of dbd to get matchmaking results... but my results don't reflect my skill because I keep getting stomped because matchmaking doesn't work...