Do you think Mr. X's or Springtrap's design fits more?

TheDarkTyrant
TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

I am gonna make this clear, please answer what you think looks fit, not simply what you like more.

Do you think Mr. X's or Springtrap's design fits more? 80 votes

Springtrap's Design Fits
40%
AdelooZagridshards[Deleted User]NekoGamerXRaptorrotasPennosukeCornpopers_EvanGlamourousLeviathanScary_Punk_GhostglitchboiGrimmy_BluuesBrequeboostedsurvivormainIlliterateGenocideWishIcouldmainSOMENINJANAMEshitmanQwQwExar 32 votes
Mr. X's Design Fits.
60%
GibberishMister_xDTerminatorGuyTapeKnotPirateDimekFog_King[Deleted User]Revzi100Boosted_Dwightmusstang62TaigaSillierHorizon5Dr_LoomispichumudkipTunnelVisionMooksFilthyQuentinSebaOutbreakLordRegal 48 votes

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785
    edited March 2021
    Mr. X's Design Fits.

Are we going just off looks? Or the entire lore of the game aswell? If looks, then Springtrap. If we are taking everything into account other than my opinion on both games, Mr X.

• TheDarkTyrant

I'm talking about everything. Like does what they do fit? Lore? Looks? Ect.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785
    Mr. X's Design Fits.

Cool

Then I'd say Mr X. Due to fnaf being heavily based on Jumpscares and only moving when you're not looking at them, I'd find it hard for its lore to make sense in the game.

Its kind of the same with how The Wendigo from Until Dawn just wouldn't work despite it being cool, as its ability to only see things moving couldn't work in dbd without screwing with the lore.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Mr. X's Design Fits.

Both designs are intimidating and cool, but I stick with Mr. X

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165
    Mr. X's Design Fits.

Mr X. Springtrap just looks like beat up version of the Robby Rabbit cosmetic we already have in the game and those just look way too cartoony compared to the rest of the game.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,479
    Mr. X's Design Fits.

Mr. X is a hulking threat that looms and chases after the players in its game, spring trap just teleports when you don't look at him to give you a 3 second jumpscare, in terms of horror and design Mr. X is far superior to water damaged charles entertainment cheese

• TheDarkTyrant

Funny and the reason why I like Mr. X more and why I think he fits more.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Springtrap's Design Fits

mr. x just looks like deathslinger 2.0. springtrap all the way

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238
    edited March 2021
    Springtrap's Design Fits

If we're going by the " fit in DBD" specification, then it's springtrap. Not by much, mind you.

Buff dude in a trenchcoat is rather... universally applicable for lots of genres. He kinda looks like a super mutant courser ( Fallout 4) or Seth who decides to dress up for once ( Street fighter). I'm not saying that Mr X wouldnt fit in Dbd, for that his design is a rather good mix between buff trapper and dapperly dressed doctor.

It always feels like lots of people forget that Springtrap would get a less cartoonish stylised design for dbd. ( Toon Link in Smash Bros' doesnt use his native cell shading style if i remember correctly)

Now off topic, Springtrap's background would likely be more flexible for a more unique killer ability.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Mr. X's Design Fits.

I think they both fit, but since I could only choose one, Mr. X's design is more on par with other killers we have in the game.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Springtrap's Design Fits

Springtrap because it is scarier and also i don't even know who the other character is ;)

• TheDarkTyrant

I mean I guess. I mean he's more man in what he just is but how he looks is machine.

• TheDarkTyrant

You mean Deathslinger looks like Mr. X 2.0 and Springtrap looks like Robbie 2.0?

• TheDarkTyrant

Spring traps's power would be just a bunch of reused powers in 1 most likely.

• TheDarkTyrant
  • Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354
    Springtrap's Design Fits

Both fit extremely well.

Only reason I picked Springtrap is they have more potential for a creative power.

• TheDarkTyrant

It wouldn't be that creative. What would he do? Its just gonna be recycled powers most likely. Probably a mix of Doctor, Demo, and Twins but each element is weaker.

• Grimmy_Bluues
    Grimmy_Bluues Member Posts: 354
    Springtrap's Design Fits

I'll answer that with another question: What would Mr. X do?

I only stated that Springtrap would have more potential due to the more supernatural elements of fnaf.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Springtrap's Design Fits

i mean i don't want to be rude but you asked who "looked" that they would fit more, so i just selected the scariest option in term of look ^^ so i don't see why i should search for the lore of the Mr X character ^^

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Springtrap's Design Fits

I love both franchises and I'd probably flop back and forth between the both of them but, today, I'm going to go with Springtrap. He both looks disgusting(he's got that whole body horror thing going on) and, I just think his lore fits extremely well to boot.

• TheDarkTyrant

Mr. X would be all about destruction and the chase and just being intense as he is. Plus he could have some decent map pressure to go with his insane lethality.

• TheDarkTyrant

What I mean by design was everything about them. Just to give you a bit more to answer for the question.

• TheDarkTyrant

His design can be cool but if they wanted to replicate exactly how he looks in the game then I honestly don't think he fits at all. The devs would have to tweak his looks but the main problem is his power. He has potential but all that potential goes to the side of him just taking other killer powers.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    edited March 2021
    Springtrap's Design Fits

I disagree, a LOT fits into DBD. If we can have Bunny Legion's, Pink Elephant Clown, Santa Clown, Elf Dwight's, shirtless David's, pantsless Yui's, bunny Feng's, Shirtless Wraith, Beach Bum Billy, the 80's/90's sets for the survivors, the Christmas onesie's, The Trickster and multiple different outfit combos to make your character look over the top then, I wholeheartedly think Springtrap fits just perfectly fine.

You can say that about literally any killer coming into DBD. For example, I've seen people say that there could be a lot you could do with the Xenomorph if she was added but then others will just say "oh, that'll be nothing more then a glorified skin for Demo basically changing the Demo's power a bit and calling it a day." I disagree with that, there could be SO MANY options for licensed characters powers that it's crazy. Just look at what some of the community comes up with. Another example is well, Mr. X himself, they could make a power based around his destructive capabilities but then others could come in and just say "oh, that's basically just a glorified Oni that can't run." Once again though, I think that's not true and you could do something with a transformation of some kind.

Ultimately though, this is just very opinionated. Some will simply just not want certain characters added for whatever reason and, that's ok, it's their opinions and we can agree or disagree all that we want. As long as your being respectful towards that person's opinion and not being a asshat then that's all that matters. For me though, I'd be happy with a LOT of licensed content they could introduce. The one and ONLY one I'd be super upset over is Jeepers Creepers for, well, obvious reasons.

• TheDarkTyrant

Skins are different. I'm talking about base designs. That's what I'm talking about. It doesn't fit as a base design to me. Also Mr. X can run. He runs in the games. So he's be Oni kind of but more powerful than Oni in the early game.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    edited March 2021
    Springtrap's Design Fits

That's why I put Trickster in there because, to some, he doesn't "fit" the base design of the game. Just like how Deathslinger didn't fit into the "base" of DBD because he had a gun and, again, for some, the Legion in GENERAL doesn't "fit" because they're nothing more then a bunch of edgy teeny boppers. Once again though, this will just have to be a "agree to disagree" moment because it's INCREDIBLY opinionated on what "fits".

I just personally both like and think you have a much bigger pool to play in when it comes to Nemesis when it comes to talking about possible RE inclusions. He could have multiple weapons, transformations, can sprint, has a tentacle grab, can leap/jump and, one of the big ones, he can infect and pass on the parasite which could lead into a power all of it's own.

Post edited by Cornpopers_Evan on
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238
    Springtrap's Design Fits

@cocorI think demodoggi's rig would probably mostly work with a xenomorph, i think theres such a "fan chapter" vid on yt, displaying an ability similiar to feral frenzy. I'd say xenomorph would also work perfectly with demos kit, just replace the portal textures to those of a xeno hive.

---

@TheDarkTyrant

Isnt it kinda biased to dismiss Springtraps ability potential as a mix of old abilities and then imagine X with his bullrush from re:r, aka a feral frenzy/ demon charge mix? And if you intended for instants it'd be just a chainsaw sprint.

Except the stage 2 tyrant transformation, dear X doesnt display any ability not already present in the game.

• Trappers powerwalk animation lol
    • Old legions modified kit if he's a 110% killer
    • Oni's modified kit if 115%
    • His head crush is tombstone myers
    • His radar skill is a mix of shock blast and feral frenzy's killer instinct. (" press strg to reveal all sirvivors and gain movement speed" )
    • His bullrush is a speed limiter chainsaw sprint or demon charge, depending if it collides with walls or not.
    • M1 dont cleave so he doesnt get his hook swings, but bubba said hi.
  • TheDarkTyrant

I'm not saying Trickster doesn't fit. He simply doesn't. What fits its any killer design that is in the game besides Trickster. Yes that means Legion. I mean sure Legion is just normal teens but they don't just look goofy or too colorful or anything. And if they brought Nemesis he'd have to be OP if they wanna respect the weight the name Nemesis holds but they can't do that.

• TheDarkTyrant

I'm not dismissing it. I just didn't say anything about that yet. The problem is Mr. X would probably be a better killer than Spring trap because of the killers he can take from.

• SOMENINJANAME
    SOMENINJANAME Member Posts: 294
    Springtrap's Design Fits

Yeah, it would be our first robotic Killer/character. I like that idea.

• Nicolai0130
    Nicolai0130 Member Posts: 1

Between the 2, i prefer Springtrap. Mr. X's design is rather bland in my opinion, and i don't like it. If we get a RE killer, i am hoping that it's gonna be Nemesis, because i'd rather Nemesis than Springtrap.

• TheDarkTyrant

Nemesis wouldn't happen. He's such a generic choice and simply doesn't fit. The thing about Mr. X is that... He just fits more than a lot of characters out there. He fits more than some of the characters in the game currently like Demogorgon. Everyone says Nemesis but people don't realize HOW powerful Nemesis is. He would be the most powerful killer easily. Instadown, really fast, ROCKET LAUNCHER. Not really fitting for balance or just DBD overall.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965

I say both

• wickedSleeper413
    wickedSleeper413 Member Posts: 7
    Mr. X's Design Fits.

I like Springtrap, but on a purely visual sense I think Mr. X fits more.

• Kujonen
    Kujonen Member Posts: 8
    Springtrap's Design Fits

Personally i would prefer mr X but with lore taken into account i think springtrap fits way better and could easily be tied in with his death being when the entity took him and such. mr X is cool and my dream killer but he wouldn't fit lore wise in my oppinion

• TheDarkTyrant

Mr. X's lore would be kinda similar to Demo's in my eyes. Like there wouldn't be much to it.