Prediction for the next licensed killer

CornHub
CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Who do you think will be the next licensed killer? This isn't who you want, but who you think realistically will be next.

Prediction for the next licensed killer 59 votes

Jason Vorhees
8%
YordsAggressiveFTWJarolGannTMHuDawg 5 votes
Xenomorph
8%
TapeKnotDimekGlamourousLeviathanglitchboiBubbaDredge 5 votes
Candyman
13%
liv071981KateDensonMain3331hato3DoritoHead_NIGHTMARE_djmeghanJealousyKujonen 8 votes
Predator
1%
shards 1 vote
Nemesis(or something RE related)
37%
Fenngrayon444[Deleted User]TaigaSillierHorizon5GeneralVMooksGiuliano1020_TwitchTatariuChurchofPigxtr4meBrequeRepostRiposteMarc_go_soloWishIcouldmainQwQwItzZane_GoobyNuggetDragonshensiPSP 22 votes
Chucky
5%
Healthore77992FlameGNGjiggly4fun 3 votes
Pennywise
1%
swager21 1 vote
Terminator
3%
CornHublandromat 2 votes
Pinhead
1%
[Deleted User] 1 vote
Other
18%
UistreelDetailedDetrimentCornpopers_EvankinDawnMadNoOneKnowsNovaBoobaShenshenTheArbiterAmethystPurgatorySasakiHaise 11 votes

Comments

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Jason Vorhees

I want my Trapper.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

something RE is especially with the stars hint and RE anniversary most likely.

Jason is still in lawsuit hell. Xenomorph is in Disney hell.

Candyman is another very likely candidate, but I guess he will be added shortly after movie release..

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634
    Other

The killer will be Robert

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727
    Candyman

Either Candyman, FNAF or RE.

I'm thinking more likely Candyman though (or maybe It?)

Interested to see what it will be though.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

A lot of the killers on that list I feel either don't fit or have something going around them that makes it close to impossible to get them (i.e. Pennywise, Chucky, Xenomorph, Jason).

RE has their anniversary this year along with DBD. From what I understand they're both milestone anniversaries so why not have a dlc come to dbd as a crossover between the two once dbd starts celebrating their anniversary? I just feel like RE has a better chance of coming for the next license than the rest on this list. EVEN OTHER.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019
    Pennywise

my instincts are telling me that its going to be pennywise for some reason.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Other

To me, the three most likely options are FNAF, Resident Evil or the Xenomorph(Alien) as the year 5 chapter. That’s the only reason why I picked “other” is because I just can’t pinpoint my pick on those three to specifically say it will be THIS one.

Sadly, as much as I’d love it to be Jason, he’s just in too many legal battles right now to be able to be included. Really depressing to think that what’s killing that franchise is Sean’s willingness to try and extract every single penny out of anyone who’s every worked on or with the F13 franchise before via lawsuits. :/

Predator would be badass to see but I just can’t see him being added, at least, for the time being. He’s got his own game currently and, yes, it’s not doing to well but, I just can’t see Predator being added for now. Plus, both Predator and the Xeno have the same issue, BHVR will have to go through negotiations with the house of mouse to get them included and that will be, definitely not impossible but SO EXPENSIVE!

Pennywise is kind of in the same league as Jason but not dealing with any legal hell. I really wish that Stephen King liked video games and saw them as a worthwhile opportunity to expand his properties along with, of course, making more money but... he just doesn’t, at all. It’s honestly real disappointing too because Pennywise could offer such unique flavor in DBD but, yeah, King’s unwillingness to partner with video games is a huge obstacle.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
    Jason Vorhees

I like your point of view. You have said it, the truth is now impossible to get characters like Jason or Pennywise for legal reasons, others for greed and others for reserved. I also think that Candyman, Chucky and Pinhead are also being considered (Candyman for his movie, Chucky for his series and Pinhead since they recently recovered their rights) since they are not in any trouble but the licensing issue is pure negotiation and luck.

• Giuliano1020_Twitch
    Giuliano1020_Twitch Member Posts: 106

then your instincts are telling you the wrong thing XD

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Terminator

Ik, but I knew people would still input Jason, Xeno, Predator, ect..., If I didn't put it up there. I assumed Terminator because of it appearing in Death Garden. It would be funny if nothing up here was the next killer tho lol.

• GoobyNugget
    GoobyNugget Member Posts: 698

Either Candyman, RE, or alien.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,181

I'm gonna go with Resident Evil, but the dream would be an "Alien" chapter. Maybe, because to celebrate 4 years they did a major video game franchise, they may veer to a different medium. However, I'm gonna go with RE.

• Booba
    Booba Member Posts: 62
    Other

Amogus

• djmeghan
    djmeghan Member Posts: 8
    Candyman

Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, CANDYMAN. ;)

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965

I personally haven't played RE but i do believe that the next chapter is RE if it's not it's either child's play or candyman

FNAF wont have any crossovers this year Jason is in lawsuit ######### alien in disney hell and the devs tried to get pennywise

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    edited March 2021
    Other

Just as a heads up, FNAF is actually having a crossover this year with a YouTuber named Dawko with his new animation line. So, it’s not 100% off the table. :)

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    edited April 2021
    Other

I'm choosing "other" simply because most of the listed chapter options aren't good.

Jason is stuck in lawsuit hell.

Xenomorph could be cool and the Alien franchise is owned by Sega, a very cooperative company, meaning there is a high chance of getting it.

Candyman will happen, just not for the 5th anniversary.

Predator won't happen.

Please no RE.

Chucky wouldn't work unless you want Victor as his own thing.

Already have a Clown.

Terminator might work? You would have to completely disregard anything past the first movie but it could work.

Pinhead would be such a boring chapter.

Post edited by DetailedDetriment on
  • Dragonshensi
    Dragonshensi Member Posts: 1,516

Honestly I would prefer FNaF Springtrap but he’s not on the poll. So Nemesis.

• ItzZane_

Wdym we already have a clown? we have billy and bubba plus pennywise has a VERY different power Pennywise is from another dimension from what i know While our clown just throws bottles and was a serial killer before the entity took him

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Other

The only similarity between Billy and Bubba is the chainsaw, both of which function differently.

IT and The Clown both go off of the persona, " The Clown." Both have a history with children. Both are cannibalistic. While The Clown is under the control of an entity, Pennywise is an entity. Clown isn't interesting, and nor would Pennywise be. I would stick Pennywise in the same corner as Springtrap.

• ItzZane_

I respect ur opinion buuuut Clown isn't a cannibal i know he licks fingers he licks them so he could "Clean" them