Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

You all know you're not hitting 4% THAT much.

Blindninja
Blindninja Member Posts: 462
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

I mean cmon guys. Seems like every other game I'm down to two of you left alive and both down, I hook one 9f you and if its his first hook, sure enough I can even call it ahead of time, walk away and boom! Guess who's free and pretending he hit a kobe 4%.

Now I know deliverance is a thing but I check, and 9 times out of 10, no deliverance. I mean cmon guys. What's going on? Just spill it. What's really up with you guys? Cmon you can admit it here. You won't get into any trouble.

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I'm pretty sure I get it less than .1% of the time so it probably evens out with the people who get it 10%.

The math checks out, trust me.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

Entity isn't done eating my hope. Or Entity knows I was trying to give last person hatch and said nope.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

I would not really be surprised to find that the 4% is increased to 20% when there are only 2 of left

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

Got it twice in a row the other day, however most of the time when you’d try it the match is lost anyway.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I once had a week where i could have sworn i unhooked myself over 10 times. i didn't even play that many matches it was about 3-5 survivor games a day and the rest i played killer.

• Blindninja

You know what that's a good point and I didn't really think about it that way but you are right

• SentinelCaptain
    SentinelCaptain Member Posts: 234

This just makes it that much more disappointing when I used to run Slippery Meat and burnt salty lips and all 6 chances would fail. 😂

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

The Kobe chance is definitely higher than 4%. It's far too common for the survivors to yeet off the hook than a 1-in-25 chance to be the reason.

• Blindninja

And yet another one tonight! As soon as I called it. Cmon man!

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Fun fact, if 1 Survivor takes all 3 4% chances, they get off 11.5% of the time. 2 go for it? 21.7% chance that one gets it. If all 4 have to go for it? You're looking at a 38.7% chance of at least one getting off.

A 4% chance stacks up real quick when you've got a lot of chances at it.

So... my guess would be either confirmation bias, or you very frequently put Survivors in a position where that 4% is their only shot. They take it and it happens so much that you're gonna get some to get it.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Pretty sure it isn't.

What you are forgetting is that Survivors each have 3 shots at that 4% chance. The odds of the Survivor getting off on at least 1 of those 3 attempts is 11.5%. If you tried to Kobe every game, you'd get off about once every 10 games. Those aren't good odds mind you, but they aren't terrible either.

• yeah they kobe off a lot of times. theres no real point to deliverance.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited March 2021

I have people unhooking themselves every third or fourth trial, and not while using all 3 potential chances per individual. Mostly it happens while I'm snowballing, which makes perfect sense (that's when you're likely to sacrifice some hook time for a chance to escape), but what doesn't make sense is the alarming regularity and borderline predictability, to the point that I now expect it as much as an unbreakable and am not dissapointed.

Now, I don't think there's some secret code that boosts the chances based on injures or downs or whatever, I'm not that paranoid, but I do think the chance per attempt is higher than 4%.

Edit: And to clarify, I do t se emany luck offerrings, slippery meats, or Deliverences.

• Blindninja

100% agree. Evwn with 3 attempts it seems fishy. You can predict it like clockwork. They are bullshitters imo. Which most survs are anyway especially at red ranks.