Monsters? Why?

Options
Mad_Sochi
Mad_Sochi Member Posts: 50

Please stop making MONSTERS to the game of KILLERS and MANIACS.

Why MONSTERs need to hook humans? It's nonsense ! It's ridiculous !

Monsters must want to tear up and eat !

Comments

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

We only had one monster in DBD and it's licensed....

• Yarheeguy
    Yarheeguy Member Posts: 101
    Options

two monsters actually, Demogorgon and Pyramid Head

Pyramid Head is a monster that was manifested from the mind of James Sunderland when he visit Silent Hill. he isn't human even if he looks humanoid.

• malatruse
    malatruse Member Posts: 781
    Options

They hook survivors because the Entity compels them to. Same reason the Shape hooks people instead of killing them every time, even though his entire motivation is just to murder. (Aside from Tombstone but you can't use that every game anyway)

• seeyouinthefog
    seeyouinthefog Member Posts: 2
    Options

I'm... very confused by this.

I mean, first of all, most of the killers have been turned into monsters to some extent, right? Lisa is some kind of bog zombie/witch thing, Talbot is a slime monster, Rin is an onryo, etc.

If you mean monsters that were never human, that still doesn't really hold up. Even in SH2, we saw that Pyramid Head is a monster who will enact the will of the world he inhabits. And Demogorgon might just be an animal, but I'd argue it's capable of being trained or even controlled by the Entity.

I dunno, this just seems like a silly thing to be angry about.

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

Why are you so butthurt abt it lmao read the lore again to know why

• Literallyweezing
    Literallyweezing Member Posts: 88
    Options

Why would a dog fetch a stick if it isn't human. The monster killers act on basic commands and their abilities reflect that, the entity just gives them commands.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,731
    Options

Someone came up with a very good theory that this version of Pyramid Head isn't necessarily the same Pyramid Head even if they're both from Silent Hill. The theory is that this Pyramid Head is here to punish and torture the entity while also still choosing to follow MOST of it's rules. Pyramid Head can damage the ground of the trials with his trails (every other killer can only place things on it if they have something like that) and he doesn't need to hook if someone steps in his trails. Depending on their state, he can either cage or kill them.

At least... that's the theory I heard.

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445
    Options

Well all killers are under the entitys influence so your point isnt valid. Why not add them? They are good at killing and can still have an interesting story. A zenomorph would be great for this game

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

I am completely against this.

Please, they need to add MORE monstrous killers like Demo

And we already have killers who "ignore" to some extent the need to hook survivors in order to kill them (PH, Myers...) so why couldn't they do something similar for a Xenomorph (yes it's my most wanted chapter rn) or another "monster" character?

• Literallyweezing
    Literallyweezing Member Posts: 88
    Options

Demo is the perfect fit, it was already a puppet of one godlike entity and now its a tool of another.