The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Post Game Chat: Is it rude to say 'GG' as Killer when you have slaughtered the whole team?

2»

Comments

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342
    edited March 2021

Dont care what people say here that killer meant it in a derogatory way,,,anyone who says different is living in an alternate reality. C'mon now after you slaughter a team saying that is just insult to injury. If you say ggwp and the game lasted 1 min where everyone was slaughtered and most of the time was spent waiting to get hooked, there was NO well-playing lol. Anyone saying otherwise is just hiding behind "being nice", and "giving a respectful handshake" lol. But let them be toxic and move on to the next game.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

If I don't say GG when I lose then I feel like a pizza shift if I say it when I win. Plus I'm on console, so I don't get to say anything. 🤐

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197

That's basically mockery.

If it was a relative fair game, or you clearly deserved the win or the other side clearly deserved the win, the GG is sincere.

If the side who completely stomped on the other side and employed 'cheap' tactics like camping, tunnelling, body blocking, and you didn't get any gens/kills because of it, and they GG afterwards, they're basically saying "thanks for being #########"

• SpitefulHateful
    SpitefulHateful Member Posts: 278

I just hate when the winning side says anything in the post-game chat. Like, can you just take your ego and go boast to yourself in the mirror?

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

No point typing anything IMO. It’s easier to move on rather than get triggered by a person preening.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Actually, I'll walk back a little of what I said previously

If I walked all over a team but they GG first, then I will assume it's out of politeness and I'll return it.

But that's usually the only time you'll see me GG in a lopsided game

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Yeah, no doubts. I am sure those people exist. But I am a strong believer in "kill em with kindness ".

So l'd just return the gg and move on. But that is more a deficiency within themselves and hence not worth my energy to worry about.

• marciamarciamarcia
    marciamarciamarcia Member Posts: 79

No one is saying that the Killer couldn't/shouldn't have believed that it was a "good game" even though it was a one-sided contest. Rather, the point of this thread is to ask whether it is indeed rude to communicate "ggwp" to a team that got stomped on. One doesn't negate the other.

• Moonman157
    Moonman157 Member Posts: 102

I wouldn’t be offended and just take the “ggwp” at face value. After watching back my games against streamers I’ve really become aware of how different the game looks from each side, so despite the points it might not have looked like a massive stomp from their end, and if they are a really good killer it might not have looked that bad compared to previous games. And life is too short so no point getting offended over nothing.

I pretty much always say gg after a match and just think of it as when I played baseball as a kid and we’d line up and shake the opposing team’s hand. If the killer gets a 3k or 4K I will give a ggwp and I kind of hope they appreciate it as they are probably used to salt after winning.

• TreSen
    TreSen Member Posts: 186

If you won by playing with sportsmanship, no

If you won by cheesing and being a dickhead, yes

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Just like survivors only say GG when they escape and crickets or rage when they lose. GG has a different meaning in this game.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

Saying gg isn't rude at all. It's called sportsmanship.