Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Shards and the Store

Going to pickup the Spirit here in a few days, but I was wondering how the Shards and the Store worked. I had purchased the Clown with Shards back when that Chapter came out, but I haven't picked up Kate yet. If I buy the DLC from Steam with RL cash, will I get the 9k Shards back that I spent on the Clown? Or am I better off picking up Kate with Auric Cells since I've already bought the Clown? Anyone with experience with this have some info?

Comments

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Although I didn't burn shards for a character I'm going to assume you aren't getting a refund if you pay with money. I mean if you buy a perk with shards than later buy the killer you don't get a shard refund. 
  • Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,486

If you buy the Curtain Call DLC on Steam, you will not get your Shards back.

Note that if you buy a survivor with Shards or Auric Cells, you will not get the alternate outfit (which in Kate's case, is her white top).

• Strider
    Strider Member Posts: 94

As far as I know, the only thing you're missing out on is their alternate outfits. With some characters this is no big deal (i.e Kate because her alternate outfit is just a white version of her top). But with like Feng Min you might want to buy her through DLC instead, her default outfit looks horrid imo.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Thanks for the answers! Will just be getting Kate with Shards then in a week or two and pickup the Spirit from Steam. I care nothing for cosmetics, so the alternate outfits aren't an issue.