I've lost all my hope in this game...

2»

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Oh you definitely know who it is, i'm not saying who because it'll break forum rules but tbh its tempting

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328

I don't know what you expected from BHVR when they pushed out the new movement and HUD changes that no one asked for and everyone told them not to.

• Even if they had a million players what data could they get?

People with no good perks just level 1 junk like unrelenting and monstrous shrine, getting to grips with a new killer for the first time

vs

Survivors running full meta loadouts and bringing their best items, genrush toolboxes, instaheals, keys, everything

They need to give killers access to more perks

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

Well I don't plan on simping for them like the people who complain about the issues with the game, but yet still waste all of their money because they like outfits.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited March 2021

Just wanted to chime in here on Overwatch. Blizzard stopped using the PTB for Overwatch a year ago. Its last usage was for Echo's release.

What they do now is add an "Experimental Card" (i.e. game mode) into the live game when there are balance changes to be made. The cards generally last a week or two, and by putting it into the live game, itself, it allows PC and Console players to all test the proposed balance changes.

And I will hand it to Blizzard in one regard: some changes have gone live, some have not. Unfortunately, some of the changes that went to live sometimes makes you wonder if they aren't as bad at balance as BHVR.

Now, that said, they haven't released a new Hero in Overwatch for a year now, and a new map longer than that. All new heroes and maps are being put into Overwatch 2, which has a 2022 release date at the earliest. Could be even longer. Generally, new maps and heroes would go to the PTB, and Blizzard's test servers are still PC-only. But as it stands, Overwatch hasn't needed a test server for a year now, and won't again until after Overwatch 2 releases in a year or more.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

Trickster is garbage. Most of us said that in the ptb. Once in a great while were wrong but with this game. Were right more than were wrong. I have shards saved up and i dont even want trickster. Huge let down.

However i am happy with this patch just for the DS change. Ive been wanting this for so long i can overlook the terrible killer.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,469

Yeah and people still say this game is great and other games like it were bad and terrible and that's why they didn't last. yes some of them were bad. some weren't but just because by some miracle at this point DBD survives doesn't make it a great game. mind you the person in question was a fog whisperer so they kind of have to suck up to the game.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

The sad thing is, DbD has had the World of Warcraft effect on the asymmetrical genre. It's the king of the hill, and many of its players feel locked into it due to the grind and time commitment it took them to get anywhere with it. Why would they jump ship and start all over again in a new asymmetrical game, and lose all that grinding time and progress?

The same thing happened to MMOs with World of Warcraft. It rapidly became the King of the Hill in that industry, and people put in a lot of time, grind, and progression into their characters. New MMOs came out trying to capture some of that success, and far too many were considered failures by the respective studios. Oh, they might have gotten WoW players to try their game, but they weren't staying. They already had too much committed to WoW, itself.

And, those who did leave WoW apparently didn't jump to a new MMO. They jumped to a new game genre entirely. Hell, MMOs were my main gaming genre from 1999-2016.

And what happened? The MMO graveyard filled up, and now the genre is not what it used to be. And very, very few big studios even consider doing an MMO anymore. It's considered too high risk.

DbD is slowly having the same affect on the asymmetrical genre. DbD players feel locked in, the genre isn't pulling in a plethora of new blood outside of DbD MSRP sales, and DbD isn't exactly good at new player retention if Steam numbers a month or two after a sale are any indication. And with nothing else really out there with a player base, those players are heading back to the RPGs, shooters, battle royales, or MOBAs that they came from.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,469

That's very true. If another game like Friday the 13th comes along that has as much respect and love of the franchise as that game had put into it. I would Drop DBD in heartbeat with no regrets.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

The PTB exists for one reason and one reason only; it is to make us feel like we are taking part. I think they should do away with it altogether because it has the opposite effect. It just shows that they don't actually make changes based on it. In short, it is badly formulated PR.