Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Addressing the Wraith changes

LewJay
LewJay Member Posts: 24

I figured I'd give people a break from reading post after post about trickster. I've been excited about the speed buff to Wraith since it was announced with the PTB.

I've played a few games with it, and the speed feels great. But there are a couple of issues I'm having with him now.

Firstly, the uncloak speed boost... this was increased with the 4.5.0 mid-chapter to 1.25 seconds. I am not sure if it's my imagination or not, but I feel like this has been reverted to 1 second again? There's nothing about this in the patch notes, but it definitely feels like it's just 1 second to me, like it was before.

The bigger issue I'm facing is the move speed change when uncloaking. It is horrible. This almost negates the cloaked move speed buff. He has a lot more map pressure when cloaked, but the change to his move speed when uncloaking is very bad, and I feel like it almost negates his entire stealth aspect. Allow me to explain why.

Survivors have generally been able to make it to a pallet because of my slower speed. This in itself is part of the game, but I'm talking pallets that are much further away. It's always possible for survivors working on a gen next to a filler pallet to get there and drop it - but it becomes problematic when I'm having to use my uncloak boost to catch up to where I would have been previously.

I REALLY think the nerf to his uncloak move speed is unnecessary. Wraith pretty much relies on surprise attacks, and this is giving survivors time to make it to pallets and windows much further away than before. Combined with what feels like the reverted 1 second speed boost out of cloak, I really do feel like I'm sluggish and playing catch up to the survivors which I never felt before.

Finally, it just feels a bit janky to play him now, like I'm rubber banding to where I would/should have been. I dunno.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with the speed buff to his base kit, but I am worried that his other changes have not been in his best interest.