Trickster on Console

PeachBerry85311
PeachBerry85311 Member Posts: 8
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

So I play on both console and pc, but I play console a lot more because I don’t have complete access to a pc all the time. Trickster on pc is fine, sure, he’s a bit weak at the moment but he’s still playable.

Console is a completely different story though. Aiming with that terrible recoil on a joystick just isn’t possible to track a survivor accurately on your screen and still make the right corrections to keep them there for longer than a couple knife throws.

Every other aim dependent killer is fine on console, but Trickster needs some specific tuning in order to be playable. My suggestion is to reduce the recoil or remove it altogether, for both consoles and pc, to make him fun to play for everybody. Recoil doesn’t make sense for throwing knives anyways, it’s not like he’s using a gun with kickback.

Comments

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I played as Trickster twice. One time I won easily, the other there was 2 escaped through hatch with key

Even when I winning I wanted to DC and I never do. He's so rough and he's slow.

Will probably never play Trickster again unless drastic changes are made especially to his power which is completely pointless to use.

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 461

The problem isn't between PC and console, it's between controller and mouse. I tried Trickster on PC using a controller and the recoil was just like on console.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 966

Agreed, his Showstopper doesnt necessarily stops anything more than he regularly can. And I see it as pointless to use, even so when it has a Legion style agonizing stall to gameplay. It's just annoying than anything. And for his lore as a professional knife thrower. It's a nuisance his wild throws are not more accurate

• PeachBerry85311
    PeachBerry85311 Member Posts: 8

I was using pc and console to highlight the differences because console players use controllers and (most) pc players use mouse and keyboard so, yes, that was the exact point I was making thanks.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
  • tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

I didn't believe everyone when they said he was so bad. "Oh normal Forum people overblowing things" I thought to myself...

Oh how wrong I was

Maybe he is better on the PC but on console, I have about as much control over those knives as I do a firehose. I've had survivors who just ran around like ducks in a shooting gallery (presumably they felt sorry for me) and sometimes the knives will go exactly where I want them to (IE Straight) and sometimes it's like Tricker sneezed and they just go wherever they want.

Getting one of those stupid knives to do what I want it to and hit the survivor is tricky but getting eight of them to do it so far has proven damn near impossible. I don't know if practice will help all things considered so he may just end up being sidelined until BHVR inevitably does...something with him.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Getting one of those stupid knives to do what I want it to and hit the survivor is tricky

You see,there's a reason why he's called "The Trickster" ☻

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,774

Shoulda went with Recoiler because that mechanic is unpredictable and it's darn near impossible to group throws or even know where it'll go. No pattern to the recoil I can feel, trying to correct for it on controller aweful.

Add to that his movement speed while throwing is like Burger King Myers discovered he likes McDonald's too.