Any Oni tips?

I really want to start maining Oni.

Im on console, what’s the recommended sensitivity to run his power? And what are the best perks for him ?

currently I have infectious, tinker, pop and surge.

thanks

Comments

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

I would swap out your surge for discordance so you can find people fast early game as that's when he's weakest. I play on PC but i would imagine you want a high sensitivity on console.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Surge should be replaced with either moniter or deerstalker.

If you have trouble keeping tabs on your slugs deerstalker will help a lot otherwise moniter helps with the first hit

• Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

I highly recommend you check out ScottJund. As for console sensitivity it’s personal preference but I would stick between 90 and 100. Anything below 90 makes you more prone to whiffing if a survivor gets all up in your personal space by trying to spin or move behind your back. 90-100 you shouldn’t have any real issues swinging all the way around to still land hits if needed. Also killers like Billy, Blight etc have a cap to the turn rate so even if you could set your sensitivity over 100 then turning while using the power won’t be any different... well unless you’re a PC blight abusing the mechanics with macros and absurdly high dpi but I digress.

• Tomskrex
    Tomskrex Member Posts: 142
    edited April 2021

Practice, practice. Oni is one of my 2 mains and he takes getting used to. Use Discordance or infectious (I feel better with Discordance), get people injured as soon as you can. Use blood orb addons. Get the feeling for his lunge. Practice turning and hitting while dashing and again

practice.

Good build for getting into him is PGTW, Discordance/Infectious, Sloppy butcher, BBQ

PGTW - gen regression

Discordance/Infectious - to help out his early game and getting injured people quickly

Sloppy - slower healing = more blood orbs

BBQ - Finding survivors, compliments his power + you sound like you need some bloodpoints

NO DLC Build

Sloppy, Bitter murmur, (You really want to get BBQ and PGTW, if not just put whispers as 4th perk)

Infectious, tinkerer and PGTW also work, infectious slows down the game, tinkerer is overall really good perk on anyone, PGTW for slowdown, surge is more of a lower tier perk and you generally do not want other regression perk alongside PGTW.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Run discordance. Nothing better than 2 injured survivors when the game starts