Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

There's needs to be a limit

Gardenia
Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

There needs to be a limit to how many keys are brought into a match, I just had a match where literally 3 out of 4 survivors had a key and escaped via hatch. It's ridiculous.

Comments

• TheBus4K
    TheBus4K Member Posts: 256

If you see 3-4 keys, why don't you leave the lobby?

It's a practically lost game, even if you have Franklin's Demise, they can leave the keys on the ground at the beginning of the game and when they want to use them, they take it and go to the hatch, and during the whole game you will not be able to know where they have the keys (unless you spend the whole game looking at the entire floor).

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I don't know how they're getting changed, but the only reasonable change I can think about is adding a charge time to opening the hatch like opening a chest.

• TheBus4K
    TheBus4K Member Posts: 256

Taking into account how the developers are, they always take time to do something, but I imagine they will be creating animations for the survivors opening the hatch (I guess they will no longer be able to open it instantly, they will have to spend a while on top of the hatch doing some animation).

I just hope that apart from that they can't open the hatch instantly, they can't open the hatch again if the killer closes it.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

It's amazing keys never got changes, but they have become such a huge deal now. And yes they need nerfed and altered. Though part of me is curious how they can be remotely balanced and yet actually useful. I never did get the 4 man escape with the key without the doors being opened, solo life makes that one too much to bother with.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I would actually rather 4 keys than 4 people jump out the hatch with 1 key. At least that way they all had to burn an item to do it.