Playing survivour

Options
Dingo88
Dingo88 Member Posts: 219

So I usually play killer but decided to play survivour for a change to do tomb challenges.

Pretty much every game Iv been in so far has been against the trickster and at least 70% of the ones Iv gone against have proxy camped every hook they had.

I know trickster ain't the easiest to play with the recoil and in my opinion he pretty weak compared to alot of the killers but there is no need for that kind of gameplay.

I get either a 3 or a 4k most games as trickster without camping or proxy camping and before I get my head ripped off I'm not a entitled survivour I main killer but that kind of gameplay hurts the killer.

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,087
    Options

There are plenty of killers who camp because all they want to do is get (at least) one kill and they either can't or won't get good enough to get said kill in any other way (though there are times when camping IS the correct play but I'm assuming you're not talking about EGC here).

It's just the nature of multiplayer games. Some people will use frowned upon tactics to try to win. Unless my hand is forced, I won't ever camp but I'm also more interested in an engaging game than I am with winning (I'd much rather get 0 kills and have a fun match than get 4 kills but I sat in a corner for 3/4 of it doing nothing).

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Actually, that's the strongest way to play just about any killer thanks to general survivor mentality, but Trickster especially because he can only use his power when people are forced into the open.

• Dingo88
    Options

I admit I'm not saying Iv never camped but usually only camp if all gens are done at end of game as you know dam fine both gates will be 99'd so securing my 1k.

• Dingo88
    Options

I dont really find camping a valuable stratagey unless you in end game and securing that 1k and the trickster is good with his power anywhere when you learn and put the effort into it. My best map with trickster is midwich so I think theory of having to force players into the open is crap. I seem to do better on enclosed maps than wide open spaces

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited April 2021
    Options

I genuinely think most long term players of Killer in this game would rather lose than play like an absolute scumbag.

Problem is, losing isn't all that fun either and if you don't slug at least a little at specific times, you do reduce your chances of a winning game.

• Dingo88
    Options

I slug as that strat works but very seldom proxy camp a hook as it ain't worth it.

I mean if you care about what rank you are and want to stay in red ranks you have to play like a absalute scumbag.

I dont care a bout rank after I got the acheivment for r1. I want to just play the game and have fun and improve my skills

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

Wait -- people are playing Trickster? 🤔 Played nearly 7 hours of survivor play two nights ago, and I saw one the entire time.

• Dingo88
    Options

I play trickster as I find him fun and want to get better with him. He is brilliant at throwing knifes threw small gaps on loops