J-Flick Discussion

Options
2»

Comments

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,231
    Options

The j flick has been in there since oni released which has been a pretty long time , you can look up oni flick videos and even though Scott bashes the flick, he made a video of himself doing it last year, that's why I complained is because they've waited this long to address it meanwhile people have been doing this the whole time not knowing it was an exploit.

• Pdot
    Pdot Member Posts: 6
    Options

Why do you care about him being viable in comp if you called it a casual game?

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

Those saying that J-Flicks should stay don't care/do not acknowledge that it can't be done on console. They are all PC players and that's all they care about.

The fact that not every Blight can do this due to platform alone is enough to remove it in my opinion.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

Yea I'm in a similar boat. I don't think it's fair that someone can have a completely different experience with a killer, based off their system.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

The whole reason it's being removed is because a bunch of whiny people on the forums got hit by it and instead of learning how to counterplay it they made their voices heard, and now the devs have decided to remove it.

Yeah no,that's not true at all.

McLean is definetely not that kind of person that would do that.He and the other people on the balance team decided it's an exploit that needs to be removed and that's it.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,231
    Options

I understand that and I can't argue that based on what the devs have said I'm just saying that it's so easy to do while you're in a match and it has been a thing since oni was released I wouldn't necessarily say someone is cheating because it's only achievable due to the cap being bugged and not working as intended and not because the player did anything to gain an unfair advantage, with survivors 360ing in your face it's fairly easy to overshoot the intended range without trying, they should disable oni and blight until it's fixed I'm not playing them anymore because it's too easy to accidentally do that I'm not a blight or oni main so I'm not the best but I do enjoy playing them

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,577
    Options

I mean. not when you can see over T/L Walls with it or any small loops that small killers rely on to mindgame,

It needs to be removed 100% imho,

if they take away j-flick. take away Stretch in that same patch..

• InsaneCoaster
    InsaneCoaster Member Posts: 305
    Options

To see over T/L walls you'd have to stretch it ridiculously far (like beyond 1:1), which no one does, so that isn't really a problem. In terms of looping it only really makes a difference at smaller loops with lower than normal walls. Skill is still far, far superior when it comes to advantages in a chase than stretched res is. I'm not saying there isn't an advantage at all, I'm just saying it's considerably smaller than a lot of people think it is.

If they remove stretched then that's their decision, but they should at least consider mitigating the consequences for people who use it for legitimate reasons. Some people rely on stretched to get a playable, stable FPS because the game isn't optimized that well.

They should also probably add an FOV slider in the settings.