Is Blight weak?

Or do I need an absurd amount of practice in order to make him work, similar to nurse.

Comments

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

He's got a decent learning curve but I'd consider him one of the stronger killers.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

You don't need an "absurd amount of practice", but he does require quite a bit, and you'll be constantly learning as you go. There isn't really much in the way of tips to give people who're new to Blight except "practice". His power's really simple: You bounce into things and go fast. The difficult part is knowing where and how and that's gonna be different in almost every situation. So really you just have to get comfortable with using his power, same as Nurse. Once you know how these 2 killers work it's pretty easy to do well with them both, but you do have to have good awareness of tiles and maps, something that's not as important on Nurse since she can obviously no-clip through everything and Blight can't.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

He's just very hard to get good with. He's a solid A tier in the right hands because he has map mobility and great lethality. Blight being hard is what makes him look worse than he really is. Why would anyone play Blight if they can get the same results with Spirit or Freddy with less effort?

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Far from weak. He's pretty damn powerful in the right hands.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

On Console yeah, he is.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

As a retired Spirit main, I do the same thing. I've probably only played two Spirit games in the past two weeks because of how easy and oppressive she is to go against.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

No he's not weak but harder to use than you average killer.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

Because running at incredibly high speeds and bouncing off walls is fun. Placing snares & teleporting isn't.

Definition of fun can vary from person to person. In terms of fun, I prefer Freddy more than Blight for example.

And Spirit is too easy

Not really, there are easier killers compared to Spirit. Legion, for example, is way easier to play than Spirit.

Amen.

Yep, another fail from BHVR.

• He’s overrated. Worst part is there’s a weird elitism among Blight fans. Like you can knock any other killer but do it to Blight and watch how quickly you get attacked. I think its because a lot of popular streamers like him.

To date I’ve yet to see a good Blight dominate a good survivor team. It’s either a loss, a complete and utter sweat fest where Blight never looks powerful, or its an incompetent survivor team.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

He's one of (if not the) hardest killer in the game to master. You need to practice a lot and learn the maps/collision spots like the back of your hand.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Nah, he's good. But bugged right now. Takes a little while to learn, there's guides out there about when and where to sue your power on what tiles but most of it is common sense.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

He's a good killer, I'd put him in A tier. That said, one of the more overrated killers in my opinion. Out of the killers in A tier he has some of the easiest counter play.

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

It's hard to say..so few people play him

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

He will be when flicks get removed :)

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Very strong though like Nurse needs lots of practice and also devs don't clean him up.