The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PSA On Proximity Camping

Just wanted to alert all killers to be careful not to proximity camp a hooked survivor.

I was informed that, although i was not actually by the hook, but could be visibly seen by the hooked survivor, i was still camping by being within proximity of the hook.

Please ensure you travel to the other end of the map where they cannot see you to prevent this from happening.

Please also note, hooking a survivor twice in a row is tunneling. Please ignore all healing attempts and failed skill checks and audio cues in an area of a recently unhooked survivor.

Also, after thorough instruction from survivors, do not stay in front of someone who is hooked when the exit gates are powered.  This is camping, please report to an exit gate for a dance session, unless the exit gate is visibly seen by the hooked survivor, in which please refer back to proximity camping.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Agh, thank you!

I had been wondering why I was getting 4k's and no survivors were able to get out.

This makes sense. I have been playing all wrong! I appreciate the tips and will do my part to follow the rules from now on.
  • SteveyHooves
    SteveyHooves Member Posts: 246
    Some times a dumb survivor will leave scratch marks making you look like a camper when really you just want to find the survivor. 
  • RabidWabbitz
    RabidWabbitz Member Posts: 93

Also Watch out for other survivors, if they come running towards where you just hooked the survivor you might trip over a survivor and hurt their feelings Because I don't know if you knew this but they need to be left alone to perform the ritual unhooking in peace. This must not be interrupted in any manner or there will be reports to follow for said camping. Good luck in keeping the peace and for heaven sakes don't look in the direction of survivors at all, better off just facing the corner during that matches.

• SteveyHooves
    SteveyHooves Member Posts: 246

Also Watch out for other survivors, if they come running towards where you just hooked the survivor you might trip over a survivor and hurt their feelings Because I don't know if you knew this but they need to be left alone to perform the ritual unhooking in peace. This must not be interrupted in any manner or there will be reports to follow for said camping. Good luck in keeping the peace and for heaven sakes don't look in the direction of survivors at all, better off just facing the corner during that matches.

There's reasons some killers stand near some times but they scream camping when really it's just bad game play on there part.
  • ThisNotIt
    ThisNotIt Member Posts: 28
    Jesus it's crazy how salty you guys get even when you're making it out sound like you won
  • sixty4half
    sixty4half Member Posts: 82
    ThisNotIt said:
    Jesus it's crazy how salty you guys get even when you're making it out sound like you won
    You dont understand what "salt" is if you honestly believe what you just typed
  • Blood_Coil_Viper
    Blood_Coil_Viper Member Posts: 199
    ThisNotIt said:
    You heard of something called a joke? 
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

The leatherface avatar fits.

I can see what they're saying about the first part. Some killers just circle the hook over and over again - just waiting for someone to unhook so they can tunnel the hell out of the unhooked survivor. It's incredibly toxic.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Don't forget to take some lube with you so you can crank it in the corner while the survivors twerk for you.
  • kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

@Terrortot said:
    Just wanted to alert all killers to be careful not to proximity camp a hooked survivor.

I was informed that, although i was not actually by the hook, but could be visibly seen by the hooked survivor, i was still camping by being within proximity of the hook.

Please ensure you travel to the other end of the map where they cannot see you to prevent this from happening.

Please also note, hooking a survivor twice in a row is tunneling. Please ignore all healing attempts and failed skill checks and audio cues in an area of a recently unhooked survivor.

Also, after thorough instruction from survivors, do not stay in front of someone who is hooked when the exit gates are powered.  This is camping, please report to an exit gate for a dance session, unless the exit gate is visibly seen by the hooked survivor, in which please refer back to proximity camping.

Thank you for your time.

Awww im sorry you cant camp without someone calling you out on it idk maybe just gain enough skill to not camp? Play Billy, or the nurse so you never have to camp ;)

• Attackfrog

@The_Crusader said:

I can see what they're saying about the first part. Some killers just circle the hook over and over again - just waiting for someone to unhook so they can tunnel the hell out of the unhooked survivor. It's incredibly toxic.

It's still a strategy, for better or worse. Works against bad survivors. Fails against good ones.

• Attackfrog

@kate_best_girl said:

@Terrortot said:

Thank you for your time.

Awww im sorry you cant camp without someone calling you out on it idk maybe just gain enough skill to not camp? Play Billy, or the nurse so you never have to camp ;)

Or you could learn to counter camping. It's not that hard. Good survivors do it all the time and succeed.

Bad survivors struggle with it though.

Learn to counter it and you never have to worry about it again!

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

@Attackfrog said:

@kate_best_girl said:

@Terrortot said:

Thank you for your time.

Or you could learn to counter camping. It's not that hard. Good survivors do it all the time and succeed.

Bad survivors struggle with it though.

Learn to counter it and you never have to worry about it again!

There isnt a way to counter camping except borrowed time and thats if you play SWF or get the luck of someone having it in a random lobby. Maybe if killers got skill they wouldn't have to camp

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Terrortot said:

Thank you for your time.

@The_Crusader said:

I can see what they're saying about the first part. Some survivors just circle the loops over and over again - just waiting for the killer to break the pallet so they can flashlight the hell out of the killer. It's incredibly toxic.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

A newer player here and it's surprising that camping is an issue in this game. If a killers goal is to kill everyone and a group is dumb enough to get 4k through camping techniques how is that toxic? This game seems to have a whole bunch of unwritten rules and if you break them you get a ton of msgs from try hards about no skill even though they wiped.