Debunking the myth that "DS is now useless"

sad_killer_main
sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785
edited April 2021 in General Discussions

Link to the wiki page in case you want to read its current description: https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Decisive_Strike

The DS nerf basically consists of a series of actions that will deactivate the perk until you get unhooked again.

In this post, I'll go through every action that deactivates the perk, and why it doesn't affect the true purpose of using this perk: making the killer waste a lot of time, pressure and gens in case they decide to tunnel you.

I'll start with the easy/obvious points, and continue with the not so obvious ones.

• Cleansing a Totem: my dude, if you are doing bones you clearly aren't being tunnelled.
  • Sabotaging a Hook: there are 2 scenarios, either you are randomly saboing hooks which makes no sense, or you are trying to save a teammate who is about to be hooked. In the latter scenario, you are not being tunnelled because in fact, the killer chased another survivor. You don't need DS.
  • Repairing a Generator: 2 scenarios here again, either you are gen tapping which makes no sense during a chase, plus this mechanic shouldn't even be allowed in the game, or you are chilling sitting on a gen. If you have time to repair a gen, you are not being tunnelled.
  • Healing yourself: if you have time to be self-caring, you aren't being tunnelled because the killer would have simply downed you.
  • Healing other survivors: same as above.
  • Unhooking other Survivors: this situation is kinda tricky, however usually means the killer chased another survivor, hooked him, and you are going for the save. Hence, the killer didn't chase you for a long time so you weren't being tunneled.

Overall this nerf has been a pretty healthy one for the game, and the perk is still useful against tunnelling.

If the killer, however, decides to keep chasing you after you DSed them, they'll lose a huge amount of time and pressure. DS worked.

You could sum up DS nerf as:

If you are able to make progress in the game, you are not being tunnelled, hence no need for DS.

Comments