Why farm with killer?

As of recent with a lot of lobbies not have an obsession I’ve seen this happen a lot more often.

The killer proxi camps and tunnel for the first couple hooks. People starting letting go on second hook or sadly even first.

The killer not happy that they were denied their power complex then rounds up the last two survivors and the farming begins.

This is never in the favour of the survivors, and they are normally sacrificed opening the gates.

Let me say, I’m not a fan of letting go on hook... except where there’s blatant hard tunnelling, or in games against Slinger or Thor, I mean Huntress.

However could never understand why the survivor players always let themselves get used for hook counts. Is the extra points worth the integrity of the match?

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I do it to give the other 2 survivors more points. If they want to leave the match I will hook them instead but most seem to want to do it

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I imagine some folks need/want the points. I personally don't care about points anymore after 4 years on this game. I enjoy a fun match where I get challenged and have a chance to get better. So, I don't farm. I just do gennys until I can get out or killer gets tired of swinging his weapon and grabs me and hooks me.

As killer, I don't farm either. I play pretty damn "fair" anymore, so I often get a lot of hook actions. But if say Haunted grounds pops just as discordance lights up, and people quit on the hook because of it. Then I may just let the last player find the hatch.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,580

Regarding farming, I don't really like it. It is nice when Bloody Party Streamers come into play, but sometimes you just want to play the game.

However, in my opinion there is an exception: events. During events, I am more than happy to farm with killers and survivors and earn as much bloodpoints as I can.

• spiritsLeftball
    spiritsLeftball Member Posts: 173

I have pretty much the same stance as you do. But as it is now I just don’t see the point.

• spiritsLeftball
    spiritsLeftball Member Posts: 173

I like what you said there, if your going from hook to chase to hook no one would have the need to farm as everyone would earn their due share from organic game play.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

I will usually farm if survivors have a DC or somebody kill themselves on hook early on, because it just sucks when that happens as survivor and its not likely to be a gripping, edge of your seat match for me either.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

I have zero issue with people that want to farm. I have no issue with people playing just to complete a challenge. I have a major issue with being forced into either of those types of matches. I don't want to participate in either at all. If a killer sends me a message while we're still in the lobby that they plan to do one of those things I will politely bow out and allow them to find someone that wants to do it. If a match has already started and I get a message about farming I will just DC. I'd rather take a 5 minute penalty than be forced to run around for 10 or 15 minutes farming. If a match has already started and I see a message about completing a challenge I will do everything in my power to prevent that person from completing the challenge.

In other words people that want to play a match to only farm or complete a challenge are welcome to do so with others that want to participate. What they aren't welcome to do is decide they somehow have the right to make that decision for me.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Why would someone with a power complex suddenly switch to pacifism?