Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Console Players = Second Class

Comments

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

I'm not sure! Maybe! It's weird though cuz even the killer/survivor/store buttons used to be half size due to higher resolution

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Me,you,@Pulsar,@JPLongstreet and all the other console players need to continue fighting together so we finally get our stable 60 FPS 💪

• Homemade_Cookies
    Homemade_Cookies Member Posts: 85

Consoles? Do people still use controllers to play games?

PC is far superior in every aspect both reaction-wise and graphics wise.

Also, PC is way more accessible than a console unit, so why on earth would the devs cater towards a niche group of people?

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

People like their plattforms,playing with friends,exclusive content so nothing wrong about that.

And i wouldn't say that console players are a niche group in Dead by Daylight.

I would say that they are rather the majority here or at least pretty close to it.

And people deserve good performance regardless of the plattform they play on.Especially when the devs said themself that they want to improve it

• SavouryRain
    SavouryRain Member Posts: 340

I thought the devs had numbers that showed consoles outnumbered PC players.

But also, GTFO with your elitist "hurr durr pc masterrace" crap

• Homemade_Cookies

The whole reason why they implemented crossplay clearly tells that console players were NOT the majority in the first place...

It's evident that the numbers of console players isn't higher than PC by a long shot just by common sense alone.

Second, even PC version have a hard time with optimization, what makes you think other platforms will?

All games are developed via PCs. They are then ported to consoles.

If they struggle with even keeping up with PC standards, there's no way in hell consoles are going to get any better.

• TrevorLahey93
    TrevorLahey93 Member Posts: 170

Just buy a PC. EZ 😒

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,754

I will not let up on them for these issues, and I know darn well neither will @Pulsar

• JPLongstreet

We need more up-to-date stats for everything, but around the end of last summer the PlayStation players caught the number of PC players, so throw in the much smaller pools of Xbox and Switch, etc. then yeah more consolers playing DBD nowadays. This is no doubt due to Covid and the game being free on Xbox Live and PS store a ton.

What most of us consolers here are on about with the devs is a goal they publicly set in March 2019 to get ALL PLATFORMS running their game at 60 fps minimum. This goal has not been met, not a peep about it mentioned since then, and various threads (many poorly & negativley written ones admittedly) quicksanded, deleted, and/or forgotten.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
  • Pulsar

There are very likely more players on Xbox, Playstation and Switch than there are on PC, so I'm not sure if you want to go that route.

We are living in a pandemic, people are struggling to pay rent, much less buy a $700 PC, sorry.

• Pulsar

It's also on GamePass on Xbox, which is only $10 a month for hundreds of games. It is routinely just under GTA V in the most played section of the GamePass store. (GamePass is for both PC and Xbox)

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,159

As long as I have fps drops I'll keep fighting for optimization.

• JPLongstreet

And a decent & thorough optimization benefits all players regardless of the platform being used.

• JPLongstreet
    edited April 2021

Not so fast there gamer. You realize there's no Cross Progression for Xbox or PlayStation, nor is it ever coming. So to jump to PC I'd have to purchase said epic gaming PC, rebuy this game, rebuy any wanted DLC's and cosmetics, oh and the best part regrind every character because they all are at level 1 again.

Anyone with thousands of hours into DBD is not likely to go through all that again. Would you? You know what the grind is like. Be honest...

• Homemade_Cookies

You need to understand that this is the entire world not just NA.

DBD is popular in Asia too and I guarantee those people play 90+% on PC than on an Xbox let's say.

Also, you are saying that people expect older console platforms to receive guaranteed 60 FPS while even high-end computers don't run smoothly?

Get a grip of reality.

If the devs promised 60 FPS, PCs would be the first ones to get it. And since that's not remotely possible, there's no chance consoles will get it anytime soon.

That doesn't mean console players are "second class". It just means the devs aren't ready yet.

Stop victimizing yourselves.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

The devs released the game to consoles and promised optimization.

They're not going to give me back my money, so I'd like them to do the optimization that was promised. I don't even expect 60 fps, but the frame drops and terrible controls (all the fun PC killers feel like crap to play as on console) are unacceptable.

• Homemade_Cookies

Ugh, that's the limitation of playing on console.

Games literally have to be ported from PC to whatever platform you play.

Some codes will mess up the frames and etc.

Also, your point regarding fun killers on PC literally supports my claim.

Console is limiting everything the game could offer. Especially how a killer is designed.

It is no secret that console players have slower reaction time and worse aiming due to the limitations of a controller. Just saying.

• TrevorLahey93

Lol I was bein sarcastic I wish it was that easy. Fully agree they need to fix console issues ASAP. Some of the best games ive had as survivor and killer have been with console players. I especially feel bad for console Blights they cant enjoy speedy boi like us PC players do

• TragicSolitude

Other games give more options for customizing controls. DbD just has sensitivity. That might be fine if all killers were M1 killers, but they're not. There are killer powers that control differently and there are ranged attacks. You're right, controls will never be as great with a controller as with a M+KB, anyone who's played shooters knows that, but those games try to let console players customize the controls to their needs as much as possible. DbD doesn't optimize the responsiveness for console as much as it could, nor does it give players the control they need over their settings.

The devs released the game on console, they have a responsibility to the customers who gave them money to play on console. Because we aren't just players, we're customers, they took our money and said "optimization is coming" but years later it still hasn't come.

• JPLongstreet

Sorry I didn't realize the sarcasm. I appreciate any PCers who support the cause. Have you tried Blight with a controller yet? Give it a go sometime and get a small taste of our experience, even if it's without our performance issues as well.

Basically it'd be like "No flicks for you!"

• Homemade_Cookies

Are you kidding me?

Why do console players act as if PC gets it so much better?

We are on the same boat too. Crap optimization, frequent frame drops, bad latency and hackers for heaven's sake.

We paid for this game too you know and we some times get it worse than you guys, but we don't label ourselves as "second class".

That's just pathetic even for a cheap excuse.

The devs are just incapable of delivering quality gameplay. That's it. Nothing less, nothing more.

You complaining about consoles being less optimized is, like I repeat once more, also on the platforms themselves.

They need constant porting and each updates require the stupid companies to verify & authorize them. That's why the most recent DLC was postponed. Stupid console companies didn't review it yet.

Either accept the truth and stop complaining or find a better way to play, i.e. getting a PC.

• TrevorLahey93

No worries at all. Most off the nicest players I've ran across are on console its a shame we cant communicate I wish they would add that too. And nope I don't even own a controller I'll leave that to the masochists lol

• TragicSolitude

... Was that meant for me? You didn't actually respond to what I said; you responded like I said PC is perfect and I expect console to be perfect, too. I didn't imply that at all. I said other console games give players options in their settings to improve gameplay. What about that was wrong? Why can't I even want settings I can adjust for a better experience?

Seriously, I don't have a clue how what I said got that response from you.

Don't tell me not to complain. I want the game to be better. You want the game to be better for PC, too? I never said you couldn't want that, so don't act like I said PC is perfect. I said the devs are not doing as much as they could do to improve their game. If it's something the current people can't do, they need to hire developers with more experience.

I would play on PC if cross-progression were a thing. Let my hours and DLC transfer over and I'll purchase the game on PC and play it there.

• Homemade_Cookies

My point was directed at console players who kept victimizing themselves.

It wasn't "you" per say.

What I did mention specifically for you was the part where you wished for better gameplay.

Everyone wants it.

But that's so universal that it's a waste of time to even mention it.

PCs, consoles, handheld devices all lack optimization. That's just the plain truth.

No need to state the obvious on what is lacking in DBD cuz it's smth that is shared across the board.

Your choice to stay on console just for progress is your own prerogative.

I'd personally suggest moving to PC regardless if you are still annoyed by the state of consoles, cuz it's never going to get better.

• Pulsar

"We are in the same boat"

"Find a better way to play, i.e getting a PC"

Which is it?

Also, Cold War runs at 45 FPS on my One X. Sea of Thieves never dips below 45 either. Even Battlefield 4, with it's stupid Levolution, doesn't make my game run at the same FPS that DBD does.

I'm upset that BHVR set a goal of 60 FPS on Consoles (and low-end PC's) in March of 2019 and have been radio silent on it since July of 2019. If you are also upset about that, stop arguing with us, and start arguing WITH us, if you catch my meaning.

• Homemade_Cookies

The person said certain aspects of console feels worse than PC, i.e. specific killers.

I agreed and said it was the limitation of the console system itself. Read the previous post.

The part that we're on the same boat meant that PCs also lacks optimization as much as consoles except for a few things like the aforementioned example.

But according to that person, he/she's sticking with console since the progress will be lost.

That's his/her prerogative I said, which is completely true.

I would fight with console players, but if you guys keep classifying yourselves as "second class" AKA victimizing yourselves like the OP and his initial post, then I'm not going to even put up with it.

• Pulsar
    edited April 2021

Console IS treated worse than PC, that's just factual.

However, I will grant you that OP is intentionally victimizing themselves and I don't particularly like it.

Many of the issues that plague Consoles are on PC, but higher end PC's CAN get rid of many of those problems. There is no such option for Console's.

I disagree, it isn't the Console's limiting Killers. There is no reason that sensitivity should be capped so low on Console's. Other games, like Siege or CoD, have far higher sensitivities. They also run better, despite being leagues more graphically intensive.

The truth of the matter is that, out of the past three Killers, two of them cannot be utilized to their potential on Console, those being Blight and Trickster.

All that being said, I would rather gain you as an ally in our cause than to continue to argue with you. I would love to have the ENTIRE promise addressed, and I would be deeply grateful if you'd stick with us in getting it noticed.

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788
    edited April 2021

To be fair the fps drops are not only consoles but effect pc too although probably not as much.

On some of the newer maps there are times where blood lust or lunging will drop my fps significantly for no apparent reason.

• Homemade_Cookies

I would take the fight to the devs alongside console players but...

"The truth of the matter is that, out of the past three Killers, two of them cannot be utilized to their potential on Console, those being Blight and Trickster."

So are the devs supposed to design killers based on console players instead of trying out new and innovative things?

Why should your (and others') choice to stick with consoles limit the devs' ambition to make new killers?

And if you have no problem with it, you wouldn't have mentioned this in the first place...

YOU GUYS ALSO GET ASSISTED AIMS TOO

I mean, I can't take you guys seriously at this point.

You seem like you guys want to have the cake and eat it too.

• Pulsar

There is no aim assist on Console. Not anymore than there is on PC, at least. Unless you are talking about our beloved auto-aim (which is on every platform), oops I mean, "enhanced animations" that totally don't screw people out of hits.

I would rather the Devs FIX Console gameplay, so that we can enjoy Blight or Nurse or Trickster, to their full extent, rather than limiting themselves. That would be my preferred outcome.

• Homemade_Cookies

You are asking for big favors from a small company with limited capabilities my friend...

There's always hope so, I wish you console players all the luck (except for those who victimize themselves of course.)

• immoraldemise
    immoraldemise Member Posts: 117

Sounds like you might be having a console issue with hardware.

But then again, DBD isn't optimized worth a damn on console. I played one game and immediately refunded.

• spirit72
    spirit72 Member Posts: 227
    edited April 2021

I played on PS4 from early 2018, and just started playing on PC last fall. For whatever it's worth, I haven't had any huge issues. Have noticed some pretty good lag at times over the past couple of weeks, though....like, 'Screen freezes for a good 10 seconds...wow, I hope I didn't get any skill checks' kind of lag.

• Pulsar

They aren't really a small company. They are Canada's largest independent studio, iirc.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

There's some limits to console mostly inaccuracy using thumb sticks as the skill cap to be good at FPS on console is way way higher than M and K.

However.... The sensitivity is capped on DBD for console players at a way lower level and there is no option for consoles to turn down graphics or change any settings.

I play on PS5 and tbh I haven't noticed any frame drops etc. So I'm not too fussed but I don't bother with ranged killers as It would take me years to get even remotely good enough to use them with thumbsticks.

You also only have to look at the number of streamers who have the game either on a stretch resolution or more commonly they have the whole environment lighter which isn't really fair imo, especially when it's done 3rd party with GFX card settings and not through in game.

Agree that BHVR can't just not put in ranged killers and shouldn't design them around a single platform but it'd be better if they had console crossplay only as an additional option as well as more in game settings for console players!

I've always been a PC player but switched as I just don't like having to upgrade a PC every 1-2 years to keep it up to date enough to play the latest games.

Alternatively they should just let M/K plug in play on PS and console. It's not uncommon for other PC based games to let you just plug in a keyboard and mouse and play with them on PS as the programming is usually already embedded in the game!

• JPLongstreet

I think they are referring to Aim Dressing, that lovely animation that attempts to make a hit that looks awefully missy-like visually better. Because of the frame drops it either robs the killer or their hit or it connects but looks even more fishy. In my experience I get the missed hits more often.

• JPLongstreet

Someday the all-platform communications will come, I'm sure of it! :)

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

Despite making up a significant portion of revenue, console players are highly under appreciated and I doubt that’ll change tbh. Terrible performance, no option to adjust brightness or graphics which puts you at a tremendous disadvantage, no option to chat, no test realm, no option to jump into an empty map like on PC, no mouse and keyboard support. Console players are an absolute afterthought despite brining in a ton of money.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Series S player here who runs at a consistent 60

• IsJustMe
    IsJustMe Member Posts: 436

No they are not a Second Class!

In our Team we have PS5 and XBox X Players too, no one has problems with frame drops or so.🤷‍♂️

If you are a PC Player you must from time to time upgrade your hardware and this more often as a console player, as console player you must all X years do an upgrate to the next gen system. Read the system requirements for PC and try this game with this stats, iam sure thats almost impossible.

the same as if you try to play WoW with your first PC 😉

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

"Spend $1000 to get a PC to run DBD on low graphics instead of buying an actual gaming system that runs every other game under the sun at 60FPS."

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I run DbD with everything maxed out, and you'd still need a PC even with a console. You spend more money by buying a work PC and a console than by just getting a gaming PC that can also be used for work.

• kate_best_girl

I play on PC and console and bro I used to use a $100 laptop for all my work and school for YEARS that would still only be $600 plus a lot of companies that actually require you to use a PC will provide you with a chromebook or somethin

• Orion

Let me know when you get to college and need to code and run computer simulations at home. My PC is one of the best out of everyone who had to do the same and it still took several hours to finish the simulations. Hell, some took more than a day. With a 100 USD laptop, you'd be lucky to get it done in a week.

And "a lot of companies" would just as easily tell you to get your own PC, because you are expected to have one, like most humans on the planet. If you're doing scientific research, for instance, you can pretty much count on not getting a PC, at least in my country.

• kate_best_girl

Bro ofc you need a better PC when your job or specific section of schooling requires it lol. Stop trying to seem cool on DBD forums its weird as hell to brag that you have enough money to afford a high end gaming PC lol. Bro most jobs aren't gonna require to run code and computer simulations stop acting like thats an everyday problem.

• Orion
    edited July 2021

That's the thing: this isn't even a high-end PC. I have a GTX 1070, for crying out loud. Before I was forced to upgrade my CPU, I had an i7-4770K. Yet, it's still good enough for work and gaming. I'd have to spend more if I wanted to play on a console than by just getting a new GPU or whatever every 5-10 years.

Running simulations might not be an everyday problem, but if you're going to college (which I'd wager most people will try to), browsing the Internet, having multiple tabs open, doing research, etc., definitely will be.