The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What happened to this being fun?

2»

Comments

• LoolaHoop87
    LoolaHoop87 Member Posts: 45

Exactly what I mean where is the fun in this, I know I'm not the only one out here that thinks the same. Larger penalties need to be introduced or something in game where the hook timer stops if the killer stays within a certain range or if they decide to start slugging everyone and you have been on the floor for over a minute then the survivor is able to get up because spending half the match on the floor is absolutely no fun at all. There has to be something that can be implemented to deter this kind of playstyle

• sesawyer3127
    sesawyer3127 Member Posts: 342

Everyone, and I mean everyone says they are not a fan of this yet it happens so much today it is insane??? Either some people are just flat out lying or just very lucky to not have it happen to them. If you play every day like me you see this crap constantly. I am a red rank survivor and see it consistently in almost every game it is insane! I never saw it in the purple or lower ranks so what is the deal with red rank killers? Just because something is not against the rules doesn't mean it should happen? When you play against a prestige killer (like the Wraith I did two times last night) there is no DAMN reason why he needs to tunnel then camp from the first hook but he did. C'mon, if your that high in the ranks shouldn't you not have to rely on that type of lazy game play all the time?

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

I don't condone "bullying" behavior on either side BUT if a survivor / killer is just trying to "win" or get as many bloodpoints as possible I don't see anything wrong with them trying their hardest. If people want to push themselves to get better at the game there's nothing wrong with that. Both sides have scummy things they can utilize in order to win more (Keys, gen rushing, camp/tunnel/slug etc.). Until these things are updated and or reworked I can't really knock people for using them since they are ALLOWED in the ranked mode we are all forced to play.

Obviously keys, gen rushing, camping, tunneling and slugging are awful but they're allowed so meh

This is coming from someone who plays both sides and tries to be nice and run off meta stuff and I still get a lot of hate from people who just want to be mean I guess.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

I've been playing this game for 4 years and this kind of playstyle has been in the game since day 1. I don't particularly enjoy it but it's not against the rules and people can play the game however they like so I don't see the point in complaining about something that's never going to change. Just have to accept that it is what it is and just have fun with it no matter what the outcome of a match is. Besides it just a video game it shouldn't be taken that seriously.

• Kellie
    Kellie Member Posts: 1,328
  • sesawyer3127

The difference is, keys are used (in at least the games I see) as a true last resort after being tunneled or camped. They are an add ons to help with killers who play unfairly in my eyes. If you are a red rank killer and start off tunneling and camping from the get up then your damn right I am going to use my key. I have yet to see a game where a survivor with a key jumps right in the hatch LOL. Doing gens is the nature of of the game to win,, tunneling and camping isnt. There are genuine ways to pressure survivors to make mistakes, get hooked and killed without resorting to lazy game play such as tunneling and camping,,,its just to easy to camp and tunnel thats why it happens so much.

• sesawyer3127

Oh I never take it that seriously at all and I have only been playing around 4 months or so and in that short time I have seen a marked and noticeable change in the game. Tunneling and camping has increased to the point that I see it every night where I used to see it sparingly. Just because something it not against the rules doesnt make it okay in my eyes. And, it will possibly change when enough people stop playing and the devs step in to save the game. Will that happen,,,maybe? I have seen games change things radically in order to save a dying game. When or if this game will get to that point remains to be seen.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

" I have yet to see a game where a survivor with a key jumps right in the hatch LOL."

No need to lie on the forums.

• Kirkylad

The devs have said this is a tactic whether it's a good or bad one depends on the team they're against.

Plus if they ever did change it the killer players in this game have gone down significantly already so if this change came in it would be the final nail in the coffin and we would have to play lobby simulator when trying to get into a match as survivor.

You can't put rules and changes in place because someone doesn't like a specific playstyle because once you do that the can of worms opens and everyone starts demanding that changes be made because they don't like something in the game.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

I think I will blame the grind

I believe as soon as you say "play well enough and you get a reward" ruins the fun out of a game, before the rift we had bloodpoints, but with the new rift you are expected to play perfectly or you will lose limited items, when playing for fun should be a reward itself

• sesawyer3127

Sorry, simply putting someone on the hook at the start of the game then going invisible (like with the Wraith) while still sitting there and downing players one at a time is just plain lazy and makes for a bad game even for the killer. There is no effort in doing that. Heck a five year old kid can do that. It is just effective at winning and if that's the direction this game is going in they wont be having a hard time getting killers to play,, there will be no survivors playing. Then I guess killer mains will have to off each other LOL. These boards have exploded with camping and tunneling complaints some of which are crap and however, many in the obverse are valid. They cant be dismissed. I just play through them but it pisses me off when I depip and lose rank because killers simply camp and tunnel knowing someone will come in for the save and it DOES NOT matter how good you are at the game it is over unless your playing SWF which I dont.

• sesawyer3127
    edited April 2021

It was a joke,,,apparently that missed you. C'mon now, players dont go in looking to use the key at the first chance,,,it is usually a last resort. However, in the obverse those who camp/tunnel it IS their "go to" move from the start. I have played wayyyyyyy too many games seeing this for it not to be happening a lot. You conveniently missed the crux of my argument and instead focused on something erroneous and so obviously meant to jest.

• Kirkylad

I only play solo but I understand that if I'm playing an online game you are subjecting yourself to go against whatever strategy the other side wants to use.

Whether you like it or not the fact is that's just how games work when you're playing against other people. It's something you can either accept or be upset by something that's never going to change, which is a waste of time and emotion. There's more than enough things happening in the real world to be worried and upset by, something that happens in a video game that I have no control over isn't worth being bothered about.

• sesawyer3127

Of course, and I completely agree with you. This is just a game. However, the rub is when people say things like "well just git guud", or "it doesnt happen that much", or my favy,,,"camping/tunneling is a valid tactic because the devs say so". Well if a five year old can do it its not so much a tactic as it is a way for lazy gamers to win and the problem is it is happening a lot more and I have only been playing for a few months. It is so prevalent now a lot more survivor players DC and suicide on the hook because of it. This hurts everyone and the hard work they put into the game pipping up and obtaining/keeping ranks.

• Kirkylad

I get it's annoying I've been dealing with it for 4 years with this game and it's been something that's happened since day 1.

The problem is to many survivors play into their plan and try and swarm the hook against a camper or chase after someone getting tunnelled instead of just doing the gens and punishing the killer for playing like that.

If everyone just split up and did gens and left the killer with 1 kill for camping everytime they did it after so many games of that happening they would soon change their playstyle. But while ever survivors don't play smart and give them the win because they think just doing gens is boring they will continue to do it, because it works.

• swager21
    swager21 Member Posts: 1,019

dont worry, youll start feeling it again eventually. dbd becomes boring and you get 4 ######### matches in a row but one day youll get an entire day of good matches.

• sesawyer3127

It was obvious what I said in that partial sentence was meant to jest however, you totally missed the crux of my argument conveniently. No survivor ever goes into the match looking to use the key as fast as possible. In fact, most want to keep their key and use for later when they absolutely have to. In the obverse, more and more killers are relying on camping and tunneling from the get up of the match,,,therein lies the difference.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Game is still as fun as the first time I played 4+ years ago. Actually I think it has grown more fun over the past two years than the first two the game was going. Fun - is a subjective word - what one person finds unfun 1,000 people will find fun... and vice versa. If you are not having fun in a game - I fail to see why you would play it.

• LoolaHoop87
    LoolaHoop87 Member Posts: 45

Yeah people have already said this. It's not a discussion point for me. Move on if you disagree. Thank you

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I'm a bit confused.

You're stating that it was a joke but then double down on that exact thing, claiming that survivors will not use a key once hatch spawns if they're able?

Ok, sure.

Of course the noble survivor only uses his key as a last resort, brings it in just for a safety net and never uses the key immediately. I now understand that they have no intention of using it immediately.

*watches hatch offering burn and survivor escape as soon as required number of gens are done*

Thank you for opening my eyes.

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Hate to break it to you, but this is a public forum - people have the right to disagree and post their disagreement.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

I dont mind blatant hackers, at least they either end things quick or make things intresting. People who hack but not blatantly on the other hand I cannot stand

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264

I had a Wraith yesterday who hooked me and stayed close enough to the hook (circling round) for there to still be a TR as I ticked down from first hook all the way to almost the end of struggle phase - I got unhooked and then he downed me immediately and death hooked me. When I sent a message to congratulate him on his marvellous camping (I am going to be salty I don't care) he denied that what he'd done was camping.

Do killers think camping is just when you stand immediately in the hooked survivors face? If you never went far enough away from the hook in the time it takes to go from initial hook to literally a few seconds off dead and then immediately down them once rescued - what the hell do you think that is?

Boring. The points penalty isn't enough to stop them doing it so it will keep happening and I will keep getting frustrated playing boring games until I either accept it - or more likely - play something else. I liked the idea of the hook timer not triggering if the killer is too close tbh - yes there's abuse potential there and perhaps it needs to be more nuanced, but that would go a LONG way to addressing this behaviour that results in a boring game for everyone.