The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer lobby change

I was playing identity v and something that is great that they do since you are locked into a lobby is give the killers extra time to pick their loadouts and locking survivors earlier to prevent last second switches. This allows for some fair matchups. Maybe we can have this brought to dead by daylight. It's cool that they are buffing sabo and have perks like franklin's demise and hangman's trick. However, having the perks is irrelevant if they switch into the items last minute and the killer has no time to switch into a different loadout whether it is flashlight resistance or for handling sabo squads. 

I see this happening ahead of time and I would like to propose that killers have 15-20 more seconds than survivors, survivors don't have to adapt their loadouts like killers do. A killers loadout is more make or break than a survivor loadout, survivors can do well with just no mither, no item etc. Killers need tools for the kill. Also, would like killers loadouts not to be revealed until after the match ends. Some killers just dc after item switching and it makes people lose pips, items and offerings and just isn't fun for anyone. What do ya'll think?

Comments

• sixty4half
    sixty4half Member Posts: 82
    Would be nice.

Be prepared for the incoming victim salt train
  • Blood_Coil_Viper
    Blood_Coil_Viper Member Posts: 199
    Sounds fair to me. Last second switches defeat the point of seeing the survivors in the first place. It's almost like an exploit to me. 
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

That would be a really nice change, since, lets be honest, last second switching is just a lame tactic in order to troll an unprepared killer and feel like your a god. (in my lobbies, that usually results in a hardcamp and tunnel combi <3 )
    in my eyes, the time for a change has come. this has been a thing since the very first release of the game, so please devs! please do something about it!

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

Inb4 survivors defending last seconds switches because..... :wink:

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    I was playing identity v and something that is great that they do since you are locked into a lobby is give the killers extra time to pick their loadouts and locking survivors earlier to prevent last second switches. This allows for some fair matchups. Maybe we can have this brought to dead by daylight. It's cool that they are buffing sabo and have perks like franklin's demise and hangman's trick. However, having the perks is irrelevant if they switch into the items last minute and the killer has no time to switch into a different loadout whether it is flashlight resistance or for handling sabo squads. 

I see this happening ahead of time and I would like to propose that killers have 15-20 more seconds than survivors, survivors don't have to adapt their loadouts like killers do. A killers loadout is more make or break than a survivor loadout, survivors can do well with just no mither, no item etc. Killers need tools for the kill. Also, would like killers loadouts not to be revealed until after the match ends. Some killers just dc after item switching and it makes people lose pips, items and offerings and just isn't fun for anyone. What do ya'll think?

Would be nice to go along with the fact they plan on putting item loadouts into the game.... <-----which will make instant switching even more instant...

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

@Mister_xD said:
    That would be a really nice change, since, lets be honest, last second switching is just a lame tactic in order to troll an unprepared killer and feel like your a god. (in my lobbies, that usually results in a hardcamp and tunnel combi <3 )
    in my eyes, the time for a change has come. this has been a thing since the very first release of the game, so please devs! please do something about it!

Okay leave the community if you camp

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

I'd be fine if you (as a survivor) had to play the character you loaded in with, and only with whatever item you selected beforehand. Survivors would still be able to change their clothes, perks, add-ons, and offerings when necessary.

• MrMyers
    MrMyers Member Posts: 43

@PigMainBigBrain said:

Would be nice to go along with the fact they plan on putting item loadouts into the game.... <-----which will make instant switching even more instant...

Great idea, I think savable kits and load-outs would make adapting to different situations much easier. I hope the developers do implement this feature into the game.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@kate_best_girl said:

@Mister_xD said:

Okay leave the communtiy if you quickswitch

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

@Mister_xD said:

Camping sucks as killer and survivor, not healthy at all. Only possible condition is if gates are open. But yeah, best if we work on some of the killer bs so we can work on killer bs and evolve the game.